• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

I overheard what Anon said about having someone use a BeastSlayer on Dark Knight Anna. But it was time to move out. "Let's go, and be careful. Poly and Hero-King Marth will draw out the enemy. The rest of us are to sneak on by the distracted enemy. Don't use magic until we get inside the castle. Doing so will cause the Dark Knight Anna to come outside and we don't want that to happen. Flyers circle above the castle and find an entrance from the roof. Bow users are in charge of picking off any enemy that would prevent us from getting inside, but take care not to be seen."

"O-Okay!"

So, will anyone actually bring a beastkiller? I have a few left from my Valmese hunting trip.

"I've some in the convoy. Does that count?"

"Huh..." Silvia mused, glancing over at Ace as they walked. "Remind me why you aren't in charge?"

"She has SOME sanity left?"

To be honest, I seemed like I was okay. But deep down my mind was a swirling mess. New memories had surfaced up, ones I thought I forgot. And that massive battle...I was still processing it mentally. It wasn't long until we reached to outskirts of the castle. And outside were Risen soldiers posted outside as guards. "Sages, Warriors, and a few Paladins. The Sages might be there as healers mostly... but also to attack from those others. No, the Warriors have Counter." I gritted my teeth. "The Paladins have Aegis, the Sages have...Healtouch and Tomefaire."

Edited by Ace Tactician

"I agree with Breezy. Marth, let's go... we've got some prices to slash and throats to cut."

"R-Right." His tone wworried me a little, but I mentally prepared myself for whatever that may come

"Which is why you are second in command."

"So in other words, Sorin just happens to be crazier than me." Silvia grinned and shot Kat a wink. "Good to know."

"We should be there shortly, I can already see the sandstorms. This'll be lovely."

To be honest, I seemed like I was okay. But deep down my mind was a swirling mess. New memories had surfaced up, ones I thought I forgot. And that massive battle...I was still processing it mentally. It wasn't long until we reached to outskirts of the castle. And outside were Risen soldiers posted outside as guards. "Sages, Warriors, and a few Paladins. The Sages might be there as healers mostly... but also to attack from those others. No, the Warriors have Counter." I gritted my teeth. "The Paladins have Aegis, the Sages have...Healtouch and Tomefaire."

"Excellent work, Ace." Silvia walked forward and patted the girl's shoulder, removing it again to notch her arrow. "Right. Everyone, hug the wall - we'll be able to move without being bogged down by the sand."

Edited by Vashiane

"Is that the case with all our healers? I know that some might not have healtouch."

"Is that the case with all our healers? I know that some might not have healtouch."

I took a closer look at the Sages there, "Only one has Healtouch...the rest have Tomefaire." I saw the Sage in question there, it was standing away from the rest. Perhaps it was due to only having a weaker tome than the others, but holding a Recover Staff and Fortify Staff. "This one...is going to be troublesome."

I took a closer look at the Sages there, "Only one has Healtouch...the rest have Tomefaire." I saw the Sage in question there, it was standing away from the rest. Perhaps it was due to only having a weaker tome than the others, but holding a Recover Staff and Fortify Staff. "This one...is going to be troublesome."

"Unless we kill everything before they have a chance to be healed..."

"Or..." Poly twirled his Thaniblade in his hand, having slung the Armads back into its sheath. "We can take it out first before the others can get to it."

Poly scanned the field quickly. "Shit..." he cursed, rather loudly at that. "Too many Counter Warriors... we need a plan of attack here."

As expected, the castle exterior was heavily fortified. If we are to create a distraction for the others we must draw their attention ...... somehow. We could charge in and lead them away from their post, but that would also be rather risky for both of our sakes. "What say you Ace? We need to go in and get their attention. After that, we'll tryto lead them away from their positions and finish them there. How's that sound?"

Poly scanned the field quickly. "Shit..." he cursed, rather loudly at that. "Too many Counter Warriors... we need a plan of attack here."

"You mean besides hit them from a range?"

"You mean besides hit them from a range?"

Poly shook his head. "Before we can get into the right range for that, the Sages will be blasting us. And the Paladins will be riding all over us if we do that... No, we need something else to drag these guys out. Marth, you got any ideas?"

Turns out I forgot about the enemy skills. This plan of mine just got three times more risky. Then again.... I do have the Binding Blade as a ranged sword....

"Want me to go in and snipe it with my bow, Ace?"

"Taking that one out would cripple the enemy's healing ability. Just need to draw those bodyguards of his away. That Paladin and Warrior there that hardly seem to walk away from that one..." I motioned to the Paladin and the Warrior that seemed to stay near that one." I overheard Poly's words. "Look at them all. Most of them have axes, but a few have bows, and few with throwing axes..." But how to deal with those pests. "We need to deal with those Counter Warriors first." Then it hit me, "Ranged Weapons would be useful here." "Like...the Binding Blade."

Edited by Ace Tactician

"Right. I have a bow, and I've got the Vengeance skill." Silvia pointed out, notching an arrow into her bow and aiming with it, only to bring it down again.

Poly shook his head. "Before we can get into the right range for that, the Sages will be blasting us. And the Paladins will be riding all over us if we do that... No, we need something else to drag these guys out. Marth, you got any ideas?"

"We don't necessarily have to fight them. Just get their attention and lead them away, so that the others can sneak in without any problem. After that, we'll set up a trap for them, so that we can individually take out each one of them, without being outnumbered."

Edited by Hero-King

Poly growled. These guys seemed like they would make the perfect guards; bring down the Warriors with range, and the Sages rip you apart. Try and get close to the Warriors, and they'll Counter you to death.

But wait...

"Listen up! Anybody with a Killer weapon or a Longbow should go after the Warriors. With any luck, we can dodge Counters and take them out before the Sages get in to strike themselves."

"We don't necessarily have to fight them. Just get their attention and lead them away, so that the others can sneak in without any problem. After that, we'll set up a trap for them, so that we can individually take out each one of them, without being outnumbered."

"That's the last part of it. You & I will draw out the Paladins so that the others don't have a cavalry breathing down their necks. Sound good?"