2013-2014 TV season

Agro

turning this into a general TV topic instead

So, with all those new shows coming out, there's so much TV to watch and so little time. Hopefully we can get some ideas of what to watch specifically from each other.

I just watched the pilot of Agents of SHIELD, the show seems... okay. Visually it's probably the best looking network TV show I've seen in a while. The writing was also okay, it felt like Whedon had been forced into working with a particular plot and then did the best he could with it, because the entire episode felt pretty rushed in terms of pacing. I loved the casting, though.

My main issue with the pilot was that they pretty much tried to shove as many mysteries into the episode as possible. Examples include:

• what's skye's real name, and why did she erase it?
  • phil coulson is probably a clone or something
  • WE FOUND THIS SPINE-SHAPED PLOT DEVICE HERE TAKE IT AND PUT IT IN A BOX WE DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO HOLD IT
  • asian pilot woman is not just a pilot
  • weird looking guy with a shotgun who most certainly won't come back. probably had no lines to keep costs down
  • doctor woman most certainly won't be back
  • centipede thing

And so on.

I also watched the first episode of Mom, since I love Anna Faris so much I'm willing to overcome my hate of multi-camera laugh-track sitcoms. It wasn't bad, actually. I chuckled a few times, though the laugh track does little to help the humour. All in all, it's a decent casual watch, and makes light of drug addicts and alcoholics, so take it as you will.

What else have you guys watched? Let me know if there's anything good!
Edited by Agro

"And what does that mean to you?” “It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out shield”"

This line alone has made it set that this is going to be a complete retard fest for anyone who takes themselves seriously as a writer who has an ounce of capability with scripting.

i didnt see any hot pieces of ass in whedon's trailer, which is why i didnt bother giving it a view.

now if it had been something along the lines of dollhouse instead of nerds trying to be men in black, i'd probably sit through every cringe worthy episode till they finally canceled it halfway through a sophomore or junior season. i understand the avengers movie being an extremely successful big hit and all, but as a tv series spin off it just didnt seem to market well.

you have to know your audience (the nerds like superheroes and superhotties).

inb4 i'm only voicing 1% of the internet's opinion.

Edited by black op: skyfang

• 4 weeks later...

Let's see.

Sleepy Hollow (S1) - I'm enjoying it. The best way to explain it would be "Haven but with a lot more money". The acting is quite decent and Ichabod doesn't come across as this godlike creature that deserves to be worshipped.

Castle (S6) - If the show doesn't end at the end of this season, I'll be upset. It's had a great run and it's time to put it to bed, hopefully with the death of Castle in the final or second last episode.

Scandal (S3) - Amazing. Love it. Just keep knocking out great episodes.

Elementary (S2) - Same idea. A little more contact with Moriarty would be fun but considering that she's in prison, it's not urgent.

New Girl (S3) - Fun show. I would sell my soul to Zooey Deschanel in a heartbeat.

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (S1) - Honestly, I'm not impressed yet. Alice is stupidly one-dimentional along with the Red Queen and I keep getting promised a Storybrooke connection. I'll drop this one at the end of its first season if it keeps going like this.

That's it. I can't comment on Once Upon A Time since I'm still in the second season but I'm enjoying it. It's not great but it is fun to watch. And Under The Dome is a summer series so that's a no go.

Edited by Life