Which version of FE1 and FE3 should I play?

blyegg

Which game?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. FE1, FE3, or FE11?

• FE1
    • FE3 Book 1
    • FE11
  2. 2. FE3 or FE 12?

• FE3 Book 2
    • FE12

Alright, so, before, I had played a bit of FE1, but I never really got around to continuing.

SO, two questions:

1. Should I play FE1, FE3 Book 1, or FE11 (I'm thinking FE3).

2. SHould I play FE3 Book 2 or FE12 after I finish FE1/3/11?

Also, if you can, please give your reasoning.

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

I voted FE1 since I think that because it's the original it's better to see the story that way, and it has all the characters, FE3 B1 leaves stuff out. Also, FE11 is kinda messy. Also, I think FE12 is better since it's a better refinement, and has more story options. Also, there's you. It better compliments FE11, however.

FE11.

FE1 has not aged well and FE3 Book 1 is an abriged remake, not a complete one.

Then there's that amazing localisation that somehow makes that bare minimum of story better than Awakening. The localisations for FE1/FE3 are pretty terrible from what I;ve seen. And multiple difficulty levels to suit your playstyle.

Also, DEFINITELY FE12, that game is just magnficent.

In the end, I'm probably going to end up playing them all (because I'm weird... or is this normal?), but honestly, i don't like the way the models look in FE11 (and i'm assuming FE12), which is another reason why I'm leaning towards FE3.

- FE11

FE1 does not even have half as much written dialogue as FE11. Anyone who said FESD did not actually refine the story either does not do the research, an idiot, or both

The fact that FE1 is stoopid EZ, while FE11 have a lot of difficulty mode also helps

- FE12

Its simply the best game in the series. Even if the story is worse off in a way because fuck MU, the gameplay more than make up for it

FE3 has its own unique charm, and FE1's a little clunky. If you really hated the idea of old games, FE11 and 12 do the job, although I'm not particularly fond of 12.

I would say 11 and 12 are the best. 1 is way to easy and chunky. I've never been a huge fan of 3 or 12 because of the plot. But I prefer 12 graphically and gameplay wise.

Then there's that amazing localisation that somehow makes that bare minimum of story better than Awakening. The localisations for FE1/FE3 are pretty terrible from what I;ve seen. And multiple difficulty levels to suit your playstyle.

I agree that FE11 has an amazing localization, however FE1/FE3 have fan translations, not localization. Minor nitpick.

FE3 has its own unique charm, and FE1's a little clunky. If you really hated the idea of old games, FE11 and 12 do the job, although I'm not particularly fond of 12.

FE3 has my favorite animations in the series, and all of the portraits are SO ANIME which may or may not be a turnoff to you. It's not nearly as dated as FE1 however.

Plus I actually LIKE the abridgement of FE1, it makes things go much faster and cuts out some of the lame maps (and it changes things up a lot more than FE11 did in ways that just make sense, like Wendell not attacking you because who the fuck knows why). And then FE3 is the real meat of things, and it's grate.

Also best dismounting system ever.

I have never like dismounting. Highl trained soldiers who can lances like Gradivus suddenly can't use them when not on a horse? That makes NO sense. That would require us assuming that they trained to use Lances only on horses and completely ignored the very real possibility of having to fight without a horse. And the generic soldiers and knights can use lances on foot just fine so don't give me that 'lances are best suited to horseback combat' BS.

I have never like dismounting. Highl trained soldiers who can lances like Gradivus suddenly can't use them when not on a horse? That makes NO sense. That would require us assuming that they trained to use Lances only on horses and completely ignored the very real possibility of having to fight without a horse. And the generic soldiers and knights can use lances on foot just fine so don't give me that 'lances are best suited to horseback combat' BS.

I can suspend my disbelief (plus in FE3 it didn't completely screw over mounted units thanks to how WLV worked) about that, don't know about you.

It just pisses me off that the only characters that can use Gradivus in the final maps are the 5 move Generals. :\

Yeah, that pisses me off too. Especially since I don't actually use any of them in FE3...