War For Our Future - Character bios

DodgeDusk

Updated Bio:

[spoiler=Carter]A generally nice girl with an alter ego.. that is if you can trigger it. Is honestly blunt, and extremely rude. If you can get onto her soft side, then kudos.

A normal girl in Ylisse, living with her brother and sister. She joined the group after reading said recruitment. Being one of the first to sign up, she has become the Master Tactician, alongside her old friend, Sorin, who has become the commander. Her reasons for being mean are unknown, but you should never do anything to upset her. Gets upset real easily, and likes to have things her way. Is smart academically, but physically weak. When in a tantrum, adrenaline rises a thousand fold, and her strength becomes uncontrollable.

Doesn't spend much time fighting with most of the group, as she just stays behind and practices her magic. She spends most of her time singing, regardless of others' opinions. She is usually shy and withdrawn, and extremely self-conscious. She aspires to be a singer. The one with the loudest scream.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated

Updated Bio:

[spoiler=Carter]A generally nice girl with an alter ego.. that is if you can trigger it. Is honestly blunt, and extremely rude. If you can get onto her soft side, then kudos.

A normal girl in Ylisse, living with her brother and sister. She joined the group after reading said recruitment. Being one of the first to sign up, she has become the Master Tactician, alongside her old friend, Sorin, who has become the commander. Her reasons for being mean are unknown, but you should never do anything to upset her. Gets upset real easily, and likes to have things her way. Is smart academically, but physically weak. When in a tantrum, adrenaline rises a thousand fold, and her strength becomes uncontrollable.

Doesn't spend much time fighting with most of the group, as she just stays behind and practices her magic. She spends most of her time singing, regardless of others' opinions. She is usually shy and withdrawn, and extremely self-conscious. She aspires to be a singer. The one with the loudest scream.

You watch too much X-Factor

Haven't actually posted mine yet:

[spoiler=Duck]Name: Duck
Birthday: July 23
Birthplace: Elibe
Father: Raven
Waifu: Tate
Friendly and sociable most of time, but gets sarcastic and cold when annoyed. A bit crazy. Took the name Duck as a nickname as a kid to make a joke about his father's nickname. It stuck. He is very close to his aunt, Priscilla, and his parents in law, Pent and Louise. Good friends with Sorin and Poly. Also comes down from a relatively wealthy family, whose ancestry lines have reached across almost every continent. He uses his skill with a blade to lead a mercenary group. A contract lead him to the Outrealm Gate, and he was drawn in by a strange, familiar presence. Learning the mastery of the axe. His eventual goal is to get back to Elibe to see his family.

Will update when I'm less lazy.

Edit: I updated a bit.

Edited by Duck

Update~! (Only to the bio section of my character profile.)

Bio: Nathaniel is an escaped prisoner from a bandit fortress who has no clue what's happening in Ylisse at the moment, apart from the fact that there is a war going on.
From a young age, he showed an affinity for magic. He loved the power he felt when using it, and when he used its power against the kids who bullied him, he rendered one of them close to death. All the people in the village hated him because of this, and after weeks of harsh treatment from his former friends and family, he left the village in a state of rage.
He travelled Ylisse and Plegia for a few years before getting captured by a bandit group who held him for ransome, but no-one cared enough to pay. He managed to escape by writing a magical tome himself- An amazing feat of magical strength for a twenty-year old- and killing all of his captors.

Nathaniel is twenty years-old. He wears a black leather vest over a white dress shirt, and black travelling trousers with leather boots. Around his neck he wears a pendant in the shape of a skull carved in jade. His hair is about shoulder-length and jet-black.

When he lived in the village, he was engaged to a girl named Elise. She was the sister of one of the men who bullied him- Specifically the one he almost killed. She refused to go with Nathaniel when he asked her, so he left the village alone. He faced her doppelganger during Border Sands, and Nathaniel ended up having to kill her with 'Night's Grip,' a tome he wrote himself that attacks by creating a hand out of darkness and the crushing the opposition. She said that she never loved him before he left the village, and her doppelganger said the same thing before it died.

Nathaniel has a very cheerful and optimistic personality, despite his past of hatred and imprisonment. Some would even go as far as to call him insane, but he isn't. Whilst being imprisoned by the bandits, he thought a lot about his past life, and decided that it should be put behind him. (Meaning, he is free to get an S support) He has nightmares often, and actually has dark thoughts despite his usual cheerful smile. He is also anemic. The most optimistic in the army.

Update~! (Only to the bio section of my character profile.)

Bio: Nathaniel is an escaped prisoner from a bandit fortress who has no clue what's happening in Ylisse at the moment, apart from the fact that there is a war going on.

From a young age, he showed an affinity for magic. He loved the power he felt when using it, and when he used its power against the kids who bullied him, he rendered one of them close to death. All the people in the village hated him because of this, and after weeks of harsh treatment from his former friends and family, he left the village in a state of rage.

He travelled Ylisse and Plegia for a few years before getting captured by a bandit group who held him for ransome, but no-one cared enough to pay. He managed to escape by writing a magical tome himself- An amazing feat of magical strength for a twenty-year old- and killing all of his captors.

Nathaniel is twenty years-old. He wears a black leather vest over a white dress shirt, and black travelling trousers with leather boots. Around his neck he wears a pendant in the shape of a skull carved in jade. His hair is about shoulder-length and jet-black.

When he lived in the village, he was engaged to a girl named Elise. She was the sister of one of the men who bullied him- Specifically the one he almost killed. She refused to go with Nathaniel when he asked her, so he left the village alone. He faced her doppelganger during Border Sands, and Nathaniel ended up having to kill her with 'Night's Grip,' a tome he wrote himself that attacks by creating a hand out of darkness and the crushing the opposition. She said that she never loved him before he left the village, and her doppelganger said the same thing before it died.

Nathaniel has a very cheerful and optimistic personality, despite his past of hatred and imprisonment. Some would even go as far as to call him insane, but he isn't. Whilst being imprisoned by the bandits, he thought a lot about his past life, and decided that it should be put behind him. (Meaning, he is free to get an S support) He has nightmares often, and actually has dark thoughts despite his usual cheerful smile. He is also anemic. The most optimistic in the army.

Added although I'm getting rid of the S support part. S support is the most important conversation, which doesn't mean it'll be romantic. It can be platonic if you wish

Updated Duck's bio also

Edited by DodgeDusk

An update to Ace's bio with the limits of her Chaos powers.

Tumultuous Arrangement's limitations is this: 1) Ace has to get angry at something, eg a foe or something the foe did. 2) There has to be enough chaos around her to tap into the skill, like a raging battlefield with lots of fighting and bloodshed. 3) There's also the risk of Ace losing her perception on who's a friend and who's a foe if she stays in Chaos Mode for too long since she hasn't mastered it yet.

So Tumultuous Arrangement is purely a battle skill since it requires Chaotic energy to be used.

And for Ace's twin Alicia. Her limitations are these: 1) Alicia's surroundings must be calm for her to use her powers, it can't be in the middle of a raging battle. 2) Alicia herself must be calm and collected. 3) For dismissing Risen, the souls used to create said Risen must be displaced from their proper plane. If no soul was used, this ability doesn't work. Also doesn't work if they are souls Alicia hasn't guided to the correct plane yet.

An update to Ace's bio with the limits of her Chaos powers.

Tumultuous Arrangement's limitations is this: 1) Ace has to get angry at something, eg a foe or something the foe did. 2) There has to be enough chaos around her to tap into the skill, like a raging battlefield with lots of fighting and bloodshed. 3) There's also the risk of Ace losing her perception on who's a friend and who's a foe if she stays in Chaos Mode for too long since she hasn't mastered it yet.

So Tumultuous Arrangement is purely a battle skill since it requires Chaotic energy to be used.

And for Ace's twin Alicia. Her limitations are these: 1) Alicia's surroundings must be calm for her to use her powers, it can't be in the middle of a raging battle. 2) Alicia herself must be calm and collected. 3) For dismissing Risen, the souls used to create said Risen must be displaced from their proper plane. If no soul was used, this ability doesn't work. Also doesn't work if they are souls Alicia hasn't guided to the correct plane yet.

Rightio I'll add it now

Do you want me to create a second bio for Alicia? Having two different bios under one character will be slightly confusing I think

I'll put down Alicia's bio right now.

[spoiler=Alicia Taylor]

Name: Alicia Taylor (or just Alicia)

Class: Grandmaster

Birthday: May 1

Birthplace: ???

Last Known Residance: Somewhere in Eastern Ferox

Critical Hit/Skill Activation quotes:

"Rulebreakers shall be punished!"

"Your actions shall be your undoing!"

"Your time on this plane has ended!"

"Farewell."

Dual Guard quotes:

"Overruled!" and "Motion denied!"

Appearance: Long brown hair with half in a bun and the other half down to her waist. Also wears glasses. Wears the standard Grandmaster outfit but with a blue sash. Also has on her left hand, a brand consisting of the morning sun rising over a blue set of scales.

Bio: Ace Tactician's twin sister and the Heiress of Order, also skilled with blades and tomes. She was raised in Ferox by her uncle, who she referred to as Father in public to make everyone thing she was his child. Alicia values honesty, order, friendship and written rules and regulations. Alicia may come off as cold, logical and emotionless to most people, but deeply cares about her twin sister and the friends she makes. Alicia being the Heiress of Order has the duty of guiding the souls of the deceased to their proper plane of existence, which means she is capable of reviving a select few people who are not ready to move on to the next plane of existence.

Her powers include turning the vilest of evildoers into stone and the Risen since they are unnatural creatures, dismissing the bound souls inside Risen under the right conditions and empowering her allies.

Her limitations are these: 1) Alicia's surroundings must be calm for her to use her powers, it can't be in the middle of a raging battle. 2) Alicia herself must be calm and collected. 3) For dismissing Risen, the souls used to create said Risen must be displaced from their proper plane. If no soul was used, this ability doesn't work. Also doesn't work if they are souls Alicia hasn't guided to the correct plane yet.
Outside of battles, Alicia is normally found reading books pertaining to legends, rare weapons and items and/or tactical strategy tomes. Has the best control of her emotions of the army.

How's this?
Edited by Ace Tactician

Amendment 1: [spoiler=Samson]

Name: Samson

Last known residence: Mila tree

Critical/skill quotes:

"For Life!" "Gods hear me!" "Die heathen!" "Repent now, and sleep!" "... Rest in peace." "..I'll do what I must." "MOVE IT!"

dual strike quotes:

"Have another!" "and one from me!" "EAT THIS" "if you'll excuse me.." "Allow me."

dual guard quotes:

"Not on my watch!" "You alright!"

defeated enemy:

"I win!" "What a shame..." "I don't know if i deserve this..." "I live to fight another day."

partner defeated enemy:
"Hey, thanks!" "*claps* nice!" "Good job!"

biography:

Samson was a boy born in plegia, to two mercenary parents. As he was growing up, he managed to tame a wyvern, sheila by feeding it, and punishing it when it misbehaved. He became a wyvern rider, acting as the scout for the mercenary group of his parents.(as he was too young to get involved with the skirmishes) However, one day, in the ylisse-plegia war, his whole mercenary group was murdered, and his wyvern, sheila shot down when the two tried to escape.Samson broke multiple bones, but was still alive, but sheila was mortally wounded. The wyvern picked up her unconscious master and flew him to civilization. Samson awoke just in time to see his wyvern drop dead. He was then adopted by the grimleal,however, he started to become disillusioned when they told him to hold a small girl captive, and allowed that little girl to be 'rescued' by an old man mercenary. He was eventually excommunicated from the grimleal for not following orders, however the day after this, he an assassin broke in and murdered all of the grimleal apart from him.Both the grimleal and the group of mercenaries had forced him to do things such as pillaging towns, usually by making sure to villagers never escaped.He lived on the streets for a year or so, as no church, ; grimleal or Naga or any orphanage allowed him in.Eventually, he met up with The reverend Madeline, who was on a trip to ylisse. She took him under her wing, and he joined the mila tree monastery.Eventually, the Annas came, and murdered most of the monastery, starting with the reverend. He was captured, and sent to the mines to find new materials for the Annas weapons, but he escaped.

Personality and appearance: HE is usually quite calm, but quite stern and hard in himself. He usually takes his time to start trusting people, but masks it as calmness. When he does begin to trust people, he enjoys making (very bad) puns and (even worse) jokes. He is a very dark brown, with large black glasses,and a necklace with a silver wyvern on the end.He wears a red jacket over his green Armour, but takes that off in warmer locations.He also wears blue jeans. The most cautious.

Edited by bravelord

If I recall, didn't you kill your brother? Or am I mistaken for someone else?

I... think you missed a page while reading by accident. He's still alive (either by 'botching' or, more likely, contract with demon prior to all of this even starting). I think it's mentioned in the Story Thus Far section, as well? For the build-up to chapter 6, I want to say.

Edited by Kat

Considering he's not a protagonist I can't see why you need to. Nothing's stopping you though

The reason I asked was mainly to keep track, but I have no problems keeping people in the dark. It's fun.

Updated starting with the line that says, "Due to Sorin's..." If you need to put a spoiler inside the spoiler, go ahead.

Due to Sorin's lineage of having Exalted and Grimleal blood along with many other bloods, using either Light or Dark Magic make the symbols of his hybrid blood cause him great pain while using Thunder Magic is extremely easy for him and yet very powerful(During the Holy War, his blood becomes mixed with Tailto's Freege Blood. Hello Arthur and Teeny).

As stated earlier, Purgatorial Abysm was made back during the 12 Crusaders battle against the Dark God, Loptyr. Due to all the positive and negative energy from Naga and Loptyr this it was made from the mixture of both energies and took the shape of a blade. The blade was found by the original Sorin's family and was given to him. Since it was made from Light and Darkness it has an aversion to both and has been sought after because of the immense boost in power it gives when fighting either forms of magic. It is a powerful channel for magic as well as a unmatched physical weapon. Due to the blade's neutral alignment and the fact that the first hands laid on it were those of Sorin's family there is now a seal preventing those other than family from wielding it because now Sorin's blood is the complete median. Also the original Sorin unlocked the blade's potential and created the Purgatorial Ignis. The user's body is surrounded in Black and White Energy. Upon impact, it releases black and white cherry blossom petals. It lasts until the user cancels it or runs out of stamina. The skill can be used without the blade but it is slightly easier to maintain with it. In Awakening, Abysm is acquired by Sorin from Tiki once they climb the Mila Tree and the skill during the retreat from Plegia.

This piece of Sorin’s talk with Purigon (The Dragon Of Purgatorial Abysm) best explains it.

“Wait... so I'm a reincarnation?"

"No, you are your own person. It's just that the five of you have had the strongest wills despite your circumstances allowing you to become a splitting image of the first Sorin. You are all related so the resemblance is just genetics. You must realize, the first Sorin was in a war that was decided by your bloodline and had everything stolen from him. The friends he had made all perished or went missing. He himself was sent to near death but I managed to save him at the cost of his wife and unborn daughter being kidnapped and his son going missing. He awoke thirteen years later to find the world shroud in Darkness. We made a deal that if he regulates this darkness, I'd keep him alive long enough to see his family. He went on to find his son and daughter, the former of whom wished he had stayed dead and the latter not knowing who he was. His wife...was not so lucky as she was abused by her "family" to protect her daughter and eventually the stress from all that was too much to bear and she died years before he could save her. Despite all of this, he pushed on and continued to fight, even winning the War that seemed lost. The point is your circumstances and time may have been different, but all of you were born with his will and ambition to lead the world forward. Also it means that you are meant to take my power to new levels as the Sorins before you have done." He again motioned to the silhouettes for the third time.

"So I'm not a reincarnation but another exceptionally strong willed person of this bloodline. I'm gonna guess and say that I should be able to speak with these past Sorins to unlock your new potential.”

The original Sorin joined Sigurd when he was fighting in Verdane and was with him through it all. He didn’t die at Behalla and even kept Tailto(His Wife) alive. It turns out the original Sorin was killed due to Shadowfrost finding him in Silesia and killing him. He even told Hilda and the Freege where to find Tailto, Before the last battle, Sorin gave Purgatorial Abysm to Arthur and gave Teeny her mother’s Thoron spell and began to take an even more back seat role.

Edited by Sorin

OP has been updated

Damn Sorin all the FE lore ;_;

Ikr? Get on my level.

You think it is bad now wait until Sorin talks with the four that came after the Original. I'll have to type their stories up also.