Cool Fortune Cookies

Original Alear

Does anyone else eat chinese food at places where they have fortune cookies, and have you gotten any good ones?

A few months ago, IIRC, I got one that said "Stepping out of the power position for one day." I interpret it as referring to the power of position in the writings of Han Feizi, which I understood as the circumstances you find yourself in, the status you hold, and the resources you have available to you at a given time.

I already eat enough Chinese food at home and I don't normally go out to eat Chinese. Unless I'm in China. And then they rarely actually give fortune cookies....

though I think I remember being in some restaurants that did... not sure where... and they never made any sense so I just tossed them away.

I already eat enough Chinese food at home and I don't normally go out to eat Chinese. Unless I'm in China. And then they rarely actually give fortune cookies....

though I think I remember being in some restaurants that did... not sure where... and they never made any sense so I just tossed them away.

the reason they dont give out fortune cookies in china is because fortune cookies aren't Chinese, they happen to be an american invention

the reason they dont give out fortune cookies in china is because fortune cookies aren't Chinese, they happen to be an american invention

And a brilliant one.

The only good one that comes to mind is the one that told me I'd get money, and I'm still waiting for that to happen.

But the future refused to change...

Well, I know once I got 3 fortune cookies that taught me how to say Doctor Drunk Fish!! =D

Some of the fortunes they told were interesting to me, but I can't find where I left them and I can't remember what they said ;~; Just that one of them had to do with a beautiful fun adventure!!! Or something~ I'm really not sure

Well, I know once I got 3 fortune cookies that taught me how to say Doctor Drunk Fish!! =D

Some of the fortunes they told were interesting to me, but I can't find where I left them and I can't remember what they said ;~; Just that one of them had to do with a beautiful fun adventure!!! Or something~ I'm really not sure

A beautiful fun adventure!? I'm jealous.

Fortune cookies never tell me anything interesting

they did ruin this other guy I know though

dude had pretty amazing luck throughout high school

things just seemed to go his way, and when he thought he was finally on top of things

he ate at a chinese restaurant and his fortune cookie said

"your luck will change"

he had all his stuff stolen a couple months later

didnt get into any of the colleges he wanted

etc etc etc

that was a couple of years ago

to this day, he still has poor luck

even after buying a gigantic bag of fortune cookies, not a single one ever again told him

"your luck will change"

things just seemed to go his way, and when he thought he was finally on top of things

"your luck will change"

etc etc etc

even after buying a gigantic bag of fortune cookies, not a single one ever again told him

"your luck will change"

10/10 I cry every tiem.

"your luck will change"

etc etc etc

"your luck will change"

Dude that is the story of stories.

Oh I know. xD Just like the Chinese restaurants that my parents will bring me to will rarely have fortune cookies because, well, for the reason you listed.

I've got

"Enjoy the finer things in life. May it grant you happiness."

I've got that from a Chinese diner several years ago in Chinatown and that was the only fortune that I have ever had.

Edited by Dark_Huntress