15 years ago, pokemon Red/Blue was released on the west.

Nobody

So, the games that started the series that got me into gaming were localized 15 years ago, and I felt that it couldn't go without being noticed. Even though I only started playing pokemon with Yellow, those are the games that started the pokemon fever that last until today, to some degree. That's really impressive.

Edited by Nobody

It is indeed! I started with Blue Version after my sister let me play a bit of her Yellow Version, and I haven't looked back since. I don't care how old I get, I'll never stop loving and playing it; gonna make my future kids play it someday too. ^_^

Edited by Silver Lightning

It is indeed! I started with Blue Version after my sister let me play a bit of her Yellow Version, and I haven't looked back since. I don't care how old I get, I'll never stop loving and playing it; gonna make my future kids play it someday too. ^_^

but what if the kids like fps? and think pokemon is for baby's

Reminds me of this thing I saw: Call of Duty is a game for adults, played by kids. Pokemon is a game for kids, played by adults.

It's been a good 15 years.

Reminds me of this thing I saw: Call of Duty is a game for adults, played by kids. Pokemon is a game for kids, played by adults.

It's been a good 15 years.

love it as a kid--->trying to be cool and hate on Pokemon as a teen--->go back to loving it in college and afterwards

seriously, now just to find the image version of that......

Edited by shadykid

I didn't get into Pokemon when it was first released. I thought it would just be another phase like the pogz, yo-yos, and all that other jazz that trends while you're a kid in school. But everyone was playing the games and trading the cards for nearly a full year before I finally gave in.

I didn't start playing Pokemon until the Christmas after Yellow was released in the EU, so that was Christmas of 2000. I was 10. So come Christmas this year, I'll have been playing Pokemon for 14 years. Go me.

No child of mine will ever think that; I'll raise them with standards, man. Of course, they can have fps if they want when they're older (I don't personally play any tbh), but Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Tales, Mario, and various other Nintendo titles will always be the most sacred in my household.

i started with pearl. was weird because i hated pokemon at the time and thought people should play fps. now my thinking is reverse

If you don't mind answering, how old are you? I'm curious.

12... yeah i know

Wow, a 12-year-old.

That's, like, really young. >_>

Anyway, as for the topic, I never really played Red/Blue... Yellow, recently, but not Red/Blue...

I should play it, but colorless sprites and the lack of Running Shoes don't really appeal to me... I beat FR/LG, like, 5 times, though. :P

My brother and Sister had Blue and Red, though my sister quickly abandonned.

My brother captured the 150 Pokemon on Red, but the data got corrupted. It may have been my fault, but I don't remember how I did it.

Wow, a 12-year-old.

That's, like, really young. >_>

Anyway, as for the topic, I never really played Red/Blue... Yellow, recently, but not Red/Blue...

I should play it, but colorless sprites and the lack of Running Shoes don't really appeal to me... I beat FR/LG, like, 5 times, though. :P

You play it for Missingno, Glitch City, and the Pokemon level 100+.

It's full of glitches, and the gameplay 'and graphism) is awfull, now, but that's why we remember it so foundly.

For these times when, as far as we knew, it would be the only Pokemon Game ever produced

That's also all this period of early Internet, and the crazy rumors : Pushing the trick to obtain Mew, Pikablue.

Who never spend hpours to try to obtain them without results ?

Basically : You had to be hear to understand.

We didn't knew it yet, but we assisted to the beginning if a new legend !

Ahem... Good time, good time...

You play it for Missingno, Glitch City, and the Pokemon level 100+.

It's full of glitches, and the gameplay 'and graphism) is awfull, now, but that's why we remember it so foundly.

For these times when, as far as we knew, it would be the only Pokemon Game ever produced

Haha, yeah, even though I've never played the game, I know about its notorious glitches. I really should play it sometime. Maybe.

That's also all this period of early Internet, and the crazy rumors : Pushing the trick to obtain Mew, Pikablue.

Who never spend hpours to try to obtain them without results?

These were around even when I was playing RSE. I lost my Sapphire save data when I turned off the game while saving before Rayquaza because I heard that if I did that, I'd get a shiny one. I was so, so sad.

Basically : You had to be hear to understand.

We didn't knew it yet, but we assisted to the beginning if a new legend !

Ahem... Good time, good time...

I see... Too bad I didn't play them... when they first came out. Now I just feel like I wouldn't appreciate them as much.