I'm taking FE3 more so than FE1. And FE11 too.

There were support bonuses there too?

...That said, if there were textual evidence there for Catria's unrequited love being for MARTH, I'd be interested in seeing it. (All that I'm recalling is that the epilogue mentions her having unrequited love for someone, but it never naming him/her)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were support bonuses there too?

...That said, if there were textual evidence there for Catria's unrequited love being for MARTH, I'd be interested in seeing it. (All that I'm recalling is that the epilogue mentions her having unrequited love for someone, but it never naming him/her)

Well, her death quote in book 2 has her cry out for Marth. But then again, so does Navarre.

Edit:

Btw, Palla does it similar. She gives a support to Abel and reverences him in her death quote.

Also, the Pegasus Sisters are the only people in the game to support more the one person. They all support Minerva. But besides that Catria also supports Marth and Est and Paola both support Abel.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, her death quote in book 2 has her cry out for Marth. But then again, so does Navarre.

Edit:

Btw, Palla does it similar. She gives a support to Abel and reverences him in her death quote.

Also, the Pegasus Sisters are the only people in the game to support more the one person. They all support Minerva but besides that Catria also supports Marth and Est and Paola both support Abel.

...They don't support each other?

...They don't support each other?

Who do you mean? Marth and Navarre? If that's the case, they don't. The rest do support as stated.

Also, supports are one sided. So Marth doesn't support Catria back. And Abel only supports Est.

Hmm, I'll admit 'mastered subtlety' was a bit of an exaggeration on my part but it's still there and it makes up for other limitations by using subtle game mechanics to give some personality to the characters.

And I'll take that over Cordelia any day. It's really annoying how pretty much EVERYONE knows about her crush on Chrom except the man himself. And almost all of her S supports revolve around the male 'not being Chrom' and how she'll eventually get over him. It's not the idea itself but rather the repition of it that gets annoying. If I remember correctly, only Gaius's S support makes no mention of Chrom.

Who do you mean? Marth and Navarre? If that's the case, they don't. The rest do support as stated.

Also, supports are one sided. So Marth doesn't support Catria back. And Abel only supports Est.

I was talking about the pegasus sisters. They don't support each other?

Hmm, I'll admit 'mastered subtlety' was a bit of an exaggeration on my part but it's still there and it makes up for other limitations by using subtle game mechanics to give some personality to the characters.

And I'll take that over Cordelia any day. It's really annoying how pretty much EVERYONE knows about her crush on Chrom except the man himself. And almost all of her S supports revolve around the male 'not being Chrom' and how she'll eventually get over him. It's not the idea itself but rather the repition of it that gets annoying. If I remember correctly, only Gaius's S support makes no mention of Chrom.

So subtle that many people don't even realize it...

Avatar's doesn't. Neither does Kellam's. Um... well, Gregor's sorta does (more that it mentions that there was a person cordelia was originally pursuing), but she proposes to him, so... um, I don't think her Donnel does either. Actually, I don't think Chrom is mentioned once in any of those supports.

Virion's does, but he actually waits until he sees that her feelings for him have waned before proposing. I think the phrase was something like... "feelings tipped from [Chrom]" or something.

Also, Gaius's does, btw. It mentions Chrom. "look, I'm no Chrom" or something like that.

...Also, Chrom's few supports do show him to be KINDA an idiot around women. It's actually a little easy to see him not understanding that Cordelia's inability to talk around him is due to her liking him.

Edited by Kat

No, then they don't.

Huh. Weird, I would've thought siblings would. *shrug* oh well. I freely admit I'm not very knowledgeable about the early fire emblems, and only made it through one playthrough of Shadow Dragon (just felt... clunky to me...). Went more times through Heroes, but I didn't realize there were 'support bonuses' in that game, only conversations.

So subtle that many people don't even realize it...

Considering that it's one of the more popular pairing pre-Awakening (because Awakening is a shipper's paradise), I'd say that plenty of people realized it. Now I don't support it but whatever.

Considering that it's one of the more popular pairing pre-Awakening (because Awakening is a shipper's paradise), I'd say that plenty of people realized it. Now I don't support it but whatever.

Its more popular than Marth x Nina

That REALLY says something

Also Its surprising to consider that Cain has a two way support with Catria(SD), and supports Catria(NM)

Edited by JSND

Cain also supports Catria and Palla is supported by Frey.

Interesting stuff. I wonder what the reasoning behind the decision was.

If we're going by the other reasonings... Cain has unrequited love for Catria and Frey for Palla (despite canonically never meeting her during the first war?)?

Edited by Kat

I disagree that Cordelia still has feelings for Chrom after she gets married. Even though most of her supports mention him, she still clearly says things that go against the idea that she still loves him after marrying another man. For example, in her S support with Stahl, she outright says that he replaces Chrom in her heart. And in Frederick's case, they promise to love only each other for the rest of their lives.

And I can't see Cordelia double-crossing her husband (unlike Tharja, who DOES still place the Avatar first, as shown in her support with Libra). She seems too kind and hardworking. I do agree, however, that her unrequited love for Chrom is a little overdone.

If we're going by the other reasonings... Cain has unrequited love for Catria and Frey for Palla (despite canonically never meeting her during the first war?)?

The support bonuses was just one hint though.

I don't even know what we're debating anymore. :\

The support bonuses was just one hint though.

I don't even know what we're debating anymore. :\

Same here, but I'm learning a lot. What other hints were there? There was the support, and the death quote (with others ALSO calling Marth's name when they died...).

Only ending and support

If you look at the Script you can notice that the whitewings have the most generic convo like no one ever have(as in generic devoted soldier type, just look at Minerva and Palla convo).

And for some that is interested, back in fe1, the only ship that get resolved(beside Marth x Sheeda) was Abel and Est

Abel ending:

He oppened a shop and will get married soon. Congrats!

Forgot Est ending tho

Disclaimer: please ignore the act that fe1 ending is retconned to hell and back

Well, I wasn't there back then so I wouldn't know for sure.

The hints were:

-Her one way support to Marth.

-Her death quote

-Her FE11 ending

The support conversations from FE12 make it clear.

Avatar: That reminds me... Sometime I'd see you just staring off into the distance. Were you watching Prince Marth?

Catria: ...Ah! N-no. It isn't like that! I was, uh...

Catria: You see, there's something that was bothering me for a long time... Something I couldn't tell. A forbidden feeling... A terrible burden deep within my chest., and I could do nothing to alleviate it... I hated it... It was horrible.

Avatar: If you want to talk about it, I'll listen.

Catria: Thanks. But right now... I feel a little better. I believe it's probably thanks to you.

Catria: You have always been at my side. We'd talk and laugh together... We'd talk about Prince Marth and each other... And as we did... Little by little, my pain lessened. As time passes, then maybe, someday... I'll be able to forget about it entirely...

Avatar: Huh? I'm sorry, I really don't get it...

So it wasn't actually 'confirmed' till FE12 but those subtle hints were there and this confirmation proves it.

Also, Abel's FE11 ending is just wierd.

Altea's Shield - Abel

Abel left the army and opened a small shop. He was to be married; but in the end his fellow knights were his most steadfast companions.

But come FE12, he's married to Est. What?

Also, Abel's FE11 ending is just wierd.

Altea's Shield - Abel

Abel left the army and opened a small shop. He was to be married; but in the end his fellow knights were his most steadfast companions.

But come FE12, he's married to Est. What?

I think that's just some odd translation. I think it meant something like 'he's engage, but his friends remained the most steadfast'. ...Huh, you could almost see it as foreshadowing to Est leaving mysteriously... was there ever an explanation for that?

as for the rest, I think I understand your point now (though I'd argue that the subtle part was more due to... a lack of supports)

I would have agreed if it weren't for the fact that they later confirmed it so Catria having a crush on Marth was always their intention but because of text limitations, they had to use other means of conveying it.