FE8 Efficiency Redux Redux

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AREA 0x8 label23 [12,11] [21,17]

12,11 is the Chest near L'Arachel and Dozla (holy shit that's far) and 21,17 is literally the southeastern bottom of the map.

Yeah, I don't think 21,17 is possible. But 12,11 could be, maybe. It's pretty far though.

idk that's pretty strange, because i've got to just near the door on my test runs, and the skeleton opened it, I guess the 12,11 trigger point must have an AOE?

i'll test spots later and get back to you

idk that's pretty strange, because i've got to just near the door on my test runs, and the skeleton opened it, I guess the 12,11 trigger point must have an AOE?

i'll test spots later and get back to you

Derp, I think I got it wrong. The 21,17 is probably where the AOE ends, actually, so it's probably the chest until the southeastern bottom of the map.

EDIT: Makes more sense.

Edited by PKL

Yeah, that line makes sense. But uh, yeah, that looks impossibru. What do you mean by Artur by the door on Turn 3 btw? Oh...I know what you mean. If you open the door with someone the Skeleton might attack instead. Keyword: might. IIRC, he's a pacifist.

EDIT: I'm glad I'm not the one trying to 3 turn. Good luck lol

Edited by PKL

Yeah, i'm hoping if I open the door, the skeleton will suicide on artur/whoever drops him instead of doing something stupid.

otherwise, the chapter is an easy 4 turn clear, and I might not have to promote Gerik to get him a level or 2.

Does Vanessa have S rank lances for a higher chance to ORKO the deathgoyle? I forget if you promoted her or not.

If Gerik promotes to Ranger, he and Innes can trade the Longbow to take all the enemies in the room down in 3 turns, and you can just open the door with somebody like Seth or Franz. You won't need another door key until chapter 14 and you can retrieve the ones enemies drop from Eirika there.

Does Vanessa have S rank lances for a higher chance to ORKO the deathgoyle? I forget if you promoted her or not.

If Gerik promotes to Ranger, he and Innes can trade the Longbow to take all the enemies in the room down in 3 turns, and you can just open the door with somebody like Seth or Franz. You won't need another door key until chapter 14 and you can retrieve the ones enemies drop from Eirika there.

Vanessa only has A, she's not killing the deathgoyle anyway, she's needed to kill the dudes up there, who thankfully aren't passive.

I didn't get the longbow, its impossible to get in a 2 turn clear of chapter 10.

Vanessa only has A, she's not killing the deathgoyle anyway, she's needed to kill the dudes up there, who thankfully aren't passive.

I didn't get the longbow, its impossible to get in a 2 turn clear of chapter 10.

Ah right, no Killer Lance and no Longbow. Vanessa better reach the Entombed for a player phase attack then.

Ah right, no Killer Lance and no Longbow. Vanessa better reach the Entombed for a player phase attack then.

the entombed is actually aggressive, surprisingly enough, and she ORKOs with silver.

Edited by General Horace

then you probably won't like it

it even has one extra crit because I fucked up Vanessa's weapon level because I put her in the wrong spot in chapter 9 so I had to rig an additional one because I accidently saved over my chapter 9 save, which is unfourtunate :(

Regardless, you need a 5% crit with Tana unless she gets a lot of levels to double a Myrm, which is never happening.

But yeah if Vanessa would have killed one more archer in chapter 9 (which was entirely possible) she would have had A lances and would have been able to cleanly ORKO the boss with silver, instead of an axereaver crit.

I just didn't want to redo the whole playthrough from like chapter 6 just for one minor technicality.

Regardless, you need a 5% crit with Tana unless she gets a lot of levels to double a Myrm, which is never happening.

But yeah if Vanessa would have killed one more archer in chapter 9 (which was entirely possible) she would have had A lances and would have been able to cleanly ORKO the boss with silver, instead of an axereaver crit.

I just didn't want to redo the whole playthrough from like chapter 6 just for one minor technicality.

Ah, I see. Yeah that would've sucked. And whoa, a 5% crit. Must've taken quite awhile to get that RN, huh?

it actually wasn't too bad

but what is bad is this

3e7dbb6a667b69d110cd2e3f047ad6d0.png

ALL THE RAGE

(note that three enemies here are turn 4 reinforcements)

if artur had been one space further south both of the skeletons would have died

it actually wasn't too bad

but what is bad is this

3e7dbb6a667b69d110cd2e3f047ad6d0.png

ALL THE RAGE

(note that three enemies here are turn 4 reinforcements)

if artur had been one space further south both of the skeletons would have died

You're getting close though!

I DID IT GUYS

Tethys dances Seth carrying Artur on turn 1, nobody on turn 2 surprisingly enough, and Artur on turn 3.

I just need to make sure the boss doesn't randomly spawn with extra speed so artur can't double.

Removing the Fog of War when practicing this map helps so much, haha

unfourtunately the three turn requires a 4% crit to happen over two attacks from tana right at the start I think. I'll see if I can come up with an alternative, but I don't think there is one.

EDIT: theres definately an alternative i'm just silly

Artur also gains almost two and a half levels in this strat too, which is fantastic

Edited by General Horace

I DID IT GUYS

Tethys dances Seth carrying Artur on turn 1, nobody on turn 2 surprisingly enough, and Artur on turn 3.

I just need to make sure the boss doesn't randomly spawn with extra speed so artur can't double.

unfourtunately the three turn requires a 4% crit to happen over two attacks from tana right at the start I think. I'll see if I can come up with an alternative, but I don't think there is one.

Artur also gains almost two and a half levels in this strat too, which is fantastic

Awesome :D

I DID IT GUYS

haha, I knew you could do it bro

awesome