Snooping Around Mafia - Game Over

Grace

I shot Shinori for literally no reason whatsoever beyond him being Shinori and you claiming BP.

Proper way to play the game is to turbo BBM before the Sniper shoots, so that the Snoop can still find the Sniper tonight. vote bbm

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you realized that because youre self-conscious because youre scum. mafia found, days over guys

okay

As I said earlier, I thought Refa's reaction was legit so I don't feel like voting him atm. ##Unvote

But what if we end up killing BBM and end up mislynching a townie? I understand the train of logic earlier, but [maybe lack of experience in general in playing this game/not knowing people from prior games?] I can't help but give him the benefit of the doubt.

I mean, hell, we already lost a townie. Just seems pretty rash to me.

Honestly? I'm not sure. I admit that I've browsed, to some extent, the forums and other Mafia games that Shinori, you guys, and others have been in (Shino's been trying to get me to join Mafia games for a while, lol...), and I personally found it hard to tag BBM correctly, regardless if he ended up as a scum or townie. And though I noticed the odd comments from him earlier, I don't know if that's enough for me to call him out as being a scum or not.

Proper way to play the game is to turbo BBM before the Sniper shoots, so that the Snoop can still find the Sniper tonight. vote bbm

I was just more concerned by this- it just seemed like a bandwagon came on by and was asking for a quick kill. And given the shot/kill on Shinori and losing a townie right there even before the first night phase happened, I can say that I'm worried that another townie's going to gunned down pretty fast. Add a mislynch to that, and stuff'll just roll downhill.

Prims, unless I myself was the Sniper (and not the Framer), why would scum shoot somebody in this situation? If I'm getting lynched, shooting someone isn't going to prevent that- it just makes me look worse if anything. And if I am the Sniper, the odds of me being turboed so fast that I don't have time to send in a kill first are pretty low. What's the benefit to turbolynching me?

Honestly? I'm not sure. I admit that I've browsed, to some extent, the forums and other Mafia games that Shinori, you guys, and others have been in (Shino's been trying to get me to join Mafia games for a while, lol...), and I personally found it hard to tag BBM correctly, regardless if he ended up as a scum or townie. And though I noticed the odd comments from him earlier, I don't know if that's enough for me to call him out as being a scum or not.

I was just more concerned by this- it just seemed like a bandwagon came on by and was asking for a quick kill. And given the shot/kill on Shinori and losing a townie right there even before the first night phase happened, I can say that I'm worried that another townie's going to gunned down pretty fast. Add a mislynch to that, and stuff'll just roll downhill.

:):

If you've read enough games to know who I am and a little bit about my playing style, even if you can't judge it accurately, shouldn't you also have seen enough games where Prims has played to note that he often lynches Doctors suggests turbolynches?

Did we really just get a mid-phase kill?

gat damn.

So far the new guy seems very town, as does Refa. BBM's null right now, and I don't recall seeing much of anything from the other three.

Well, it's been a while since I've browsed them, but yes, Prims, you (BBM), and Scorri are the main names that I recall/remember well enough. Though I knew you as BBM -BigBangMeteor-, not what it is currently, lol.

I can't say much on how I read into Prim, but I do remember you two being quite prominent in the threads that Shino sometimes linked me to. I have to say (sort of off-topic comment to this specific thread), though, that I admired the amount of thought/logic/processing that went through each game, especially the loooooooong ones. ^_^

Granted, I could be wrong in feeling that you're not scum, BBM. But I just prefer to stand back until I feel like there's enough to gun with to warrant an actual lynch vote.

Did we really just get a mid-phase kill?

gat damn.

So far the new guy seems very town, as does Refa. BBM's null right now, and I don't recall seeing much of anything from the other three.

Don't do that thing you did in the other games where you don't explain your reads until you get prodded like five times, please.

Kinda hard to have reads when I've really only seen stuff from three people. I'll go back and see if I missed anything before trying to come up with reads.

Also, if you think that Prims might be scum, do you think he's lying about being Deputy?

I'll admit. It crossed my mind. But, owing to little to no experience in this game, I'm also feeling weird about how much of my thoughts I should actually throw out concerning the topic. But oh well. Why not?

Worst case scenario, imo: Prims ends up being Sniper. Uses the gun to eliminate the means for the Snoop to easily identify him. So that renders that ability for the townies near useless. Then there's the framer who can easily throw off the Snoop if played right, which may make people jump on the wrong wagon yet again.

Though the BVPs do make it harder to knock out certain people, but if someone can do something to gain the trusts of others and continue with the bandwagons, then all they have to do is aim the mislynches at the vested people, while the rest continue getting sniped out.

There's no real benefit to not voting someone if you think they're scummy (unless you're afraid the mafia will hammer if you do, but I think that MYLO quickhammering is sort of risky in this game for scum with the amount of BPVs). Also, that's why massclaiming is a bad idea.

@Poly- It's not so much whether or not you have reads that's scummy- I don't really have any scumreads atm other than being slightly wary of you. But when you don't give reasons for those reads it's much easier to change your reads as conveniences you. If you give reasons, it's more difficult to back off a mislynch later or jump on a wagon, because you have to give reasons for why those initial reasons don't apply anymore.

Right now, I'm looking something like this:

Leaning Town: Eury, Refa

Null: BBM, Prims (I'm a bit cautious with him though)

Leaning Scum: N/A

Incomplete: Everyone else

Your reaction to me telling you to give reasons for your reads is to give more reads without reasons???

##Vote: Polydeuces

I direct to you the question I asked Eury. Do you think Prims is lying about being Deputy?

I haven't seen much from Prims, so I'm not sure. It's pretty likely he's either Deputy or Sniper if you take the timing into account, and considering how he seemed to vanish after Shinori got killed, I'm leaning more towards the latter.

However, I'm only null on him right now because that could just be a contrived coincidence. I'd like to hear more out of him - and, for that matter, from Baldrick & SB - before I decide to make any sort of judging adjustments.

Also, quick reasoning for my reads:

Town

Refa: His reaction to Shinori's death seemed very legitimately town to me. The self-vote seemed like a stupid thing to do to clear suspicion off of him, but I highly doubt there was any sort of intent from it aside from joking.

Eury: Actively answering questions, and seems to have a good grasp of the idea of scum-hunting early on for a newer player.

Null

Prims: Stated above.

BBM: Honestly, I'm trying to get a read on you, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm reading over everything right now, and you at least seem to be town, but I also know you're a mafia vet and that means you'd know how to cover yourself if you did give off scum reads.

Baldrick & SB: Haven't posted at all in the thread since the phase began. Can't get reads on people when they're not saying anything.

Shooting someone as Sniper and then claiming Deputy is just asking the real Deputy to shoot him. I don't see the scum motive in that when in that case you'd know the Deputy's still got their shot left.

True, but it could be his way of weeding out the real Deputy, which could in all likelihood be one of our two inactives (since, if it isn't Prims, I doubt it's you, Refa or Eury). It does seem like a bad scumslip if he were lying, but you did say it may have just been a reaction test, so he may be playing like obvious scum in an effort to try and test just how quickly we wagon somebody.

I'd hold off on Prims for the time being, until we can get some more out of him. Simply saying he's the Deputy seems like he's just claiming Deputy to cover his ass in case he actually is Sniper.

I still think BBM is being reactive and talking about nothing a lot and this is the scummiest thing in the game. I wish Eury had a name that didn't make me think he's Euklyd. Get this feeling he's newbscum talking as much as possible to seem useful but don't find him as scummy as BBM. He should be more decisive about his opinions regardless.

Poly, why is Eury actively answering questions a towntell? Scum can also do this. Also, for somebody who you claim has a grasp of scumhunting, he hasn't actually been explaining who is scum and why, like, at all.

I don't think I'm talking about nothing but BIAS. Also nothing you've said so far about why I'm scummy has been to do with a reaction- me being self-conscious scum or whatever as you claim wasn't really a reaction to anyone pressuring me. How am I being reactive?

True, but it could be his way of weeding out the real Deputy, which could in all likelihood be one of our two inactives (since, if it isn't Prims, I doubt it's you, Refa or Eury). It does seem like a bad scumslip if he were lying, but you did say it may have just been a reaction test, so he may be playing like obvious scum in an effort to try and test just how quickly we wagon somebody.

I'd hold off on Prims for the time being, until we can get some more out of him. Simply saying he's the Deputy seems like he's just claiming Deputy to cover his ass in case he actually is Sniper.

Nobody plays scummy on purpose as scum; that's terrible strategy. And the Deputy doesn't have to claim to shoot him, so it doesn't achieve anything at all.

Prims, what are your opinions on Poly?

@Prims: 'She', technically. But anyways, I'm just avoiding casting any hard looks/calls of scum/no-scum currently, as I find it to be unwise to host strong biases against someone that may otherwise be proven wrong later (but perhaps overlooking something/making an error on my part would lead to be gunning off of the strong biase that I'd intially have). So apologies about the similar name, but I won't necessarily apologize for not having definitive/decisive opinions. [Nor, as you said, did I really express who came off as scum/town and any reasons behind it. So that I agree with you on.]

Maybe how I'm acting isn't how I should/the most efficient manner in trying to weed out/find the scum, and that's partially due to me re-reading some of what's already been said n' done. Probably going to be a bit slower in picking up any of the harder-to-see signs, but I'm working on trying to not miss something that I should've otherwise seen/noticed. Testing the waters, so to speak.