I can't not make a Project M topic now.

Esaka

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wifi tournament rules:
Players that have to play each other in a round, have 1 week (subject to change) to have their matches. They must PM their opponent and set a date/time in that week time limit in which they both can play their matches. Follow the rules below for matches:
  • 4 stock, 8 minutes.
  • Sets are best of 5. Finals are best of 7.
  • Items set to “off” and “none.”
  • Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
  • If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
  • If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
  • Buffer set to off.
  • Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
  • In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.
  • No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)
  • Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

Stagelist:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1-1-2 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character. (this must be carried out in the Private Message here on SF)

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Entrants:

Me

Edited by PKL

Yeah I kinda need to know how to set up project M while I have played it. I don't have it yet

Just download whichever version you want(hackless or homebrew, Full or Wifi) and drop it in the root(first folder) of your SD card. If you're using hackless, make sure you don't have ANY stage builder data on your SD card, then go to the Stage Builder.

@PKL: It's probably better to make a new thread for the tournament.

I don't get whats up with the music and texture rule considering that it's a wifi tournament.

Yeah, I used the Apex ruleset for Project M and had to deleted a bunch of offline tournament stuff. I was making a separate thread but had this one open and got confused and posted it in the wrong one derp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey everyone, it's been a while.

First of all, sorry for bumping this kinda old topic. I don't like repeating a topic when I know there's an older one buried deep underground... I do however think you'll like this.

So PM guys were announcing a new mode that made the game run different characters for each stock... with some alt costumes.

marthrender.png

And I think you guys will like this.

Also the video for those interested...

Edited by Esaka

The All-Star versus mode looks so amazing.

My only concern is switching to someone I'm not good with, unless we choose the characters we switch to next. Can't wait for the PMBR to have their next update!

Yes, you can switch characters. They showcased it and it's... well still in development.

Essentially, you pick character A, then pick someone else, and so on and so on. Every character picked will be in All-star, although I forget the ordering (think it's first -> last however)

gREAT! I need mah three girls to fight alongside each other.

Though, I think they should release All-Star Versus Mode with their next BIG new update. I recall seeing a "Challenger Approaching" for Ridley and Pichu. If that turns out to be true (and not a joke, since I'm pretty gullible), then I'd be glad to see ANOTHER Melee character brought back into Smash.

And Ridley.

Edited by Carter

gREAT! I need mah three girls to fight alongside each other.

Though, I think they should release All-Star Versus Mode with their next BIG new update. I recall seeing a "Challenger Approaching" for Ridley and Pichu. If that turns out to be true (and not a joke, since I'm pretty gullible), then I'd be glad to see ANOTHER Melee character brought back into Smash.

And Ridley.

I'm pretty sure they haven't teased that. And I doubt they would add a totally new character like Ridley.

That being said, I'm stoked for their next release. Sigurd!Marth looks awesome, Classic!Pit is hysterical, and it sounds like there are still more costumes to come. Supposedly we're getting two more Samus suits. I've still got my fingers crossed for Lord!Ike. C'mon PM team, I've been waiting for it since Ike was announced for SSBB!

Yeah, probably. But Pichu has a chance in Project M... right? I mean he was a Melee reject to Brawl. And if Roy and Mewtwo were brought back, there's no doubt Pichu would.

As for alternate costumes, I'd like to see Melee Zelda.

And it may seem like a stretch right now, but it'd be really sweet if they could incorporate some SSB4 changes (in movesets) into some characters. Well, the characters that received changes (Zelda, Sheik, Samus, ZSS, Pit, Yoshi, Bowser, Olimar). PMBR is amazing at doing so, judging from their changes with Squirtle, Wario, and Lucario.

Yeah, probably. But Pichu has a chance in Project M... right? I mean he was a Melee reject to Brawl. And if Roy and Mewtwo were brought back, there's no doubt Pichu would.

As for alternate costumes, I'd like to see Melee Zelda.

And it may seem like a stretch right now, but it'd be really sweet if they could incorporate some SSB4 changes (in movesets) into some characters. Well, the characters that received changes (Zelda, Sheik, Samus, ZSS, Pit, Yoshi, Bowser, Olimar). PMBR is amazing at doing so, judging from their changes with Squirtle, Wario, and Lucario.

here are the problems with pichu:

nobody wants another clone

Pokemon already has a lot of characters

:'(

I also feel he'd need some revamping because pichu loses a big niche in unique stuff because of quick attack cancel, making perfect agility somewhat redundant.

Aww. I actually liked Pichu in Melee, idk why. I've never liked him until AFTER he was cut, and I starting playing Melee again.

I can't wait for the next big release, or unless All Star versus mode will be a simple update from the launcher. Peach, Zelda, Zero Suit. Ready for actionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Serenes and Smashboards... they're two different sites

Sometimes just spreading the news help bro. Hard to learn something if you can't find the book you need to read right?

That's a horrible comparison, I'll figure out some better one later.

Edited by Esaka