shmobum

Felina eyed the flag, suspicion in her mind. This *might* just be a random act of charity, but even then, why give up a flag that could easily cost the lead just because of a pretty face? There had to be an ulterior motive, if only to catch her off-guard. Thankfully, she had planned on acting as such as night! Immediately thoughts of her most embarrassing moments ever flooded to the forefront of her mind, trying to flood her cheeks to make them blush as she swung her feet close together, hid her thumbs, and stuttered.

"Y-you must be b-b-blinded by the night. I'm not a p-p-pretty young ma-mai-maiden. I'm jus-just a girl covered in dirt and g-grit." she said, acting dumbfounded for a moment, hoping he would overplay his hand or, at the least, accept that she wasn't the best in combat. "B-but thank you A-Aegis."

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aleksander seemed somewhat confused by the sudden turn of events; after all, the attackers were previously coming after them at full force, and now all of a sudden they were retreating out of... what looked like fear? It didn't add up, but before he could continue thinking about it, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his head, and collapsed to one knee.

"Guh...! What... in the... hell is... going on with... my head?"

"You mean that wasn't their full power?" Athena sighed heavily, at least they'd be left at piece for a moment. "I guess we should both be thankful we didn't sustain any real injuries." Athena spoke too soon as Aleksander fell to his knee gripping his head in pain. Athena knelt down and put her arm around him in concern, "Aleksander!? What's going on? What happened?! Did they hit you or did using that scythe do this to you?" Athena quickly shielded the two in a shadow so not to be seen or heard. She had no healing powers and wasn't sure what else to do.

Cindy quickly hoped onto Sonny's back. "Thanks for protecting me back there. Now let me help you out." Cindy stabbed the pointed end of her sceptre into Sonny's shoulder. "Trust me!" She shouted as she held onto the handle of her sceptre and began to use her magical energy to create a whirlpool around Sonny's arm. "We can use dual magic too, if we work together!"

Aleksander felt memories rushing through his head, replaying all of the death and destruction he had wrought throughout his life in rapid succession. The pain was getting to be a bit too much to bear, when he heard some sort of strange voice.

'Your past is filled with great darkness... yet you still wish to walk the path of light...'

Aleksander was starting to get irritated; partly from the pain in his head, and partly due to the voice now speaking as if it knew something about him. Nonetheless, he couldn't do much of anything else, so he listened as the voice continued.

'Your light... lies with her darkness... keep your darkness hidden from hers, lest it end in ruin for both of you...'

The voice faded away, and Aleksander's head suddenly became much clearer, though his mind was still racing in a different way. What did the voice mean by that? And was the 'her' it was referring to...? He flung himself back into a seated position, bringing his legs into himself and wrapping his arms around his knees. He saw that Athena was looking at him worriedly, but chose to keep his face buried in his curled-up body.

"I... I saw everything... again. All the pain I brought to people as a young boy... All the lives I was forced into cutting short... All of the evil I did... it hurts, Athena. That's partly why... I wished to protect you... so that I would be able to extend one's life as opposed to taking it as I had done so many times before."

Athena laid her hand on Aleksander's back and began to rub, "if you were truly evil..." Athena spoke softly, "then you wouldn't be feeling any of this. Regret, sympathy, even contemplating right and wrong. These are all things that the truly evil do not feel." Athena paused for a moment, "I've seen true evil Aleksander, as you must have too. Please know you are nothing like them, nothing." Athena bent over to gently kiss Aleksander on the cheek, "thank you for thinking I have a life worth protecting."

Fëanor's eyes where wide in astonishment. Was that guy really dead? Fëanor looked down at the decapitated head at his feet, it's eyes were full of judgement. The forest suddenly felt a lot more morbid and creepier. Fëanor carefully pealed the flag off the The Observer. Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew. Fëanor was careful not to make any actual contact with the head while removing the flag. As soon as he got it off he tied his second flag around his other biceps. Fëanor flexed thinking he was hot stuff. I did it! I actually beat that fucker! Fëanor felt elated, but only for a moment. Did he kill someone? "Uh uh," Fëanor spoke aloud, "H-he decapitated himself! I didn't kill him! So you can't take away any of my points! Got that? Hello?" No one answered of course. Fëanor huffed there was still the matter of his rather sever injury. That fairy girl could heal very well, I'll find her and force her to heal me. Fëanor set out into the forest in search of Esmund and Soles.

Aleksander would normally have turned as red as the evening sun at that, but doubt was eating away at his mind. Had he really become a changed man, or would he never be able to escape his dark past? He wasn't sure, but he was about to find out for himself. He slowly stood up; having to use Athena's shoulder to give him something to help him lift himself up off the ground.

"Athena... thank you. I swear, that even if I can't keep my past behind me... I'll devote my future to your safety."

"Stop acting like I'm your girlfriend." Soles shook loose of Esmund's grip, "and I don't need your help by the way! I can protect myself! I know how to fight! You don't need to 'teach me'!" He thinks I'm some kind of useless child. "Why won't you stop treating me like a child!? You don't even know me!" Soles' eyes began to tear up and she quickly turned and wiped them away. "I-I'm leaving!" Soles' voice was shaky and emotional. "Here take your jacket!" Soles spoke as she threw Esmund's jacket back at him. "I don't need it. I don't need anything. I can take care of myself!" Soles spoke more as if she was trying to convince herself than Esmund.

Soles left the safety of the hallowed out tree and and quickly ran off in no particular direction, making sure she was far enough so that Esmund wouldn't be able to chase after her. Once she felt herself a far enough distance away, Soles collapsed to the ground shivering and crying. She didn't even realize she was sitting on mud. Everything is the same, nothing is different. So what if I can't use magic offensively or defensively? That doesn't mean I'm useless or need protecting! Esmy doesn't understand how I feel at all. But how could he? All I ever do is yell at him, and all he's ever does is try to help.. Maybe I acted too rashly back there.. I should go back and talk to him. I need to just be honest with him for a moment and.. Myself.

Soles sighed. "I've made up my mind. I'm going to go back and apologize to him-" Soles suddenly realized she was standing a few feet away from Athena and Aleksander this entire time. Soles froze and began to panic. She had her team's flag and no way to defend herself. "I-I-I-" Soles mumbled. But they don't know I can't fight. A-and they looked pretty warn out themselves, "y-you better stay away from me!" Soles took a battle stance and glared at the pair.

Aleksander cocked an eyebrow at Soles. She was partnerless at the moment, and yet chose to come after their flag? It didn't seem logical... but Aleksander still reached over and grabbed his scythe, readying himself for a fight.

"Hmm... you're that healer girl... If you give us your flag now, we won't lay a finger on you. Otherwise... well, we may both be worn from a fight, but we can still handle you together."

Esmund tried to run after Soles, but to no avail. He dropped to his knees. "I'm a failure..." Esmund looked down at the dirt, and punched at the ground. "Why can't I ever do anything right? I try and I try but I just end up hurting her feelings. I'm useless." Esmund looked up into the sky and felt a rage at himself arise. He kicked at the ground, sending a blast of wind magic through his foot. The blast propelled him into the air, sending him soaring above the trees. "SOLES!!!" He bellowed, using wind magic to fuel his voice. The whispers of the wind echoed back to Esmund and he closed his eyes. 'That shape... the wings... that's her...!" Edmund's body tuned into her and the gales of the wind carried him in the direction of the signal.

"We have a saying amongst our people." Athena smiled at Aleksander as she spoke in some gibberish, "basically it means that the past does't matter and it's impossible to move forward if it's what you focus on." Athena bit her lip gently, "besides if we were still in the past we may have never been able to meet... It's that fairy girl?" When did she get here? And where was her little boy toy? "Is she talking to herself too?" Athena shook her head as Soles spoke. "What a stupid bitch. She really thinks she has a chance against us." Athena pulled out her bow and arrow and aimed her arrow right to Soles' head. "People like you make me sick. Your biggest concern is what hair product to use. Disgusting. You don't even deserve to live." Athena shot her arrow at Soles.

Aleksander was ready to charge forward with the arrow, but what Athena said struck a chord in his mind, and, hearing the loud voice from before, went over towards where he had heard it originate. Indeed, standing in front of him after a bit of walking was Esmund, the wind mage who Aleksander knew would be looking for Soles.

"You. Athena's busy with your partner, and while that's being taken care of and your flag taken from her, you'll fall by my hand. I won't kill you, but I guarantee you'll be charred black by the time I'm through with you for daring to attack us."

Suddenly Athena's arrow was engulfed in a quick flash of flame. "Nice try babe, but you're going to need to muster something a lot heavier if you plan to take us down." Fëanor appeared out from behind a tree and approached Soles. "Soles, Soles, Soles," Fëanor spoke shaking his head. "And what per say trouble have you gotten yourself into now? What would you do without a big strong elf like myself," Fëanor quickly swept Soles off her feet and into his arms. "I see that your little human-pet thing is nowhere to be seen."

"Have you noticed it already Athena? My second flag. That's right I already have more than one. You still think you or any number of people can defeat me?" Fëanor looked around, "and it seems like your little team didn't want you after all Feeling pretty stupid for leaving me now aren't you? No matter, it would be my pleasure to rid your kind from the elven race. Fraternizing with a human? Disgusting."

"Soles." Fëanor directed her attention to his wound, "heal me so I can save us both."

Soles was shocked and confused. Somehow she ended up in Fëanor's arms and now he was asking her to heal him. Athena had nearly killed her just now and Esmund wasn't anywhere around, I really have no choice. Soles slide out of Fëanor's arms and ripped out the claw from his side. Fëanor winced in pain, but took it fairly well. Soles quickly held her hand over his wound as began to glow.

Fëanor couldn't believe how fast his wound closed up. He felt completely better already, better than before even. He had underestimated Soles' power as a healer. "Bring it on bitch," Fëanor spoke to Athena. "I'm ready for my third flag."

Soles tried to sink back into a bush as Fëanor and Athena readied for battle. Esmy... where are you? I'm sorry. I'm going to lose our flag and it's going to be all my fault...

Chris faintly heard the sound of a fight starting. He recognized the voice of the elf from earlier who started trouble, and the other one was new to him. He knew if he fought head on it would be a bad idea, so he slowly grabbed his flag and his broom and cautiously made his way torwards the noise of the fight.

Aleksander could feel it. He wasn't sure how, but he could feel it; not only that his partner was in danger, but that it was at the hands of that smug Feanor. He was still in the middle of dealing with Esmund, however, leaving Aleksander conflicted as to what he should do. If Feanor had aligned with Soles & Esmund...

Aleksander threw up a wall of flame directly in front of Esmund and rushed back to where Athena was, and, as he had suspected, Feanor was there, to which Aleksander responded with a flying knee to the side of Feanor's face as he was paying attention only to Athena.

"Sorry, but I'm not like you... I won't abandon people when they need me. I'll fight for them, and if that means roasting you, then I'll crank up the heat as high as I can!"

Fëanor took the hit easily and bounced back from it by twirling on his hands. "Alek? Buddy! Where is this coming from all of a sudden. I'm hurt." Fëanor said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice (okay more like a lot of sarcasm). "Where were you a few seconds ago anyway? I was entertaining your lady friend, you know in the way a human (or you) just can't." Fëanor winked at Aleksander slyly. "Anyway since neither of you have a flag fighting you would be a waste of my time. Besides I already got what I came for." Fëanor turned to where he thought Soles was only for her to be nowhere in sight.

!!

"Where did that damned fairy go?!"

Athena was relieved to see Aleksander had come back and that Feanor seemed to have no interest in fighting them. Athena approached Aleksander and whispered in his ear, "he's not worth it as of now. Let him do the work of collecting a few more flags for us and then we'll take him out and teach him a real lesson." Athena pulled out one of her shadows arrows and gave it to Aleksander, "go back and find Felina. The sun will be up in another hour and my shadow magic will become visible again. I can sense where these arrows are, so carry it with you. I have something I need to do. I'll meet back up with you two in a little bit." Athena turned and disappeared into the fading night.

Esmund flew above the wall of flames, and continued to follow Soles' signal. She had moved into hiding and nearby was...it couldn't be... Feanor?! He seemed to be with someone else, Esmund couldn't pinpoint who though. "Feanor...you better not hurt her." Esmund quickly honed into her location and blazed through the forest, until he landed, smacking into a tree. He sank to the floor, rubbing his head. When he came back to his wits his vision adjusted on Soles who was hiding behind a bush, and she seemed to be watching what was going on with Feanor. Esmund crawled over to her, tugged on her arm and whispered "...there you are! I'm really sorry about earlier, I know you're not a baby and I promise that I'll give you more respect from now on!"

Felina looked at Aegis for a moment, doubt and uncertainty clearly in her mind. 'Trusting him would be a mistake, even if he doesn't mean harm. He could easily offer a fake, but if he isn't lying I'm passing up free points. DAMNIT! I know he's got some other card to play, but I have no way to figure it out until he does something and, once the sun rises, I lose my biggest advantage of the invisible flag!' she thought to herself before, quickly closing her eyes.

When she opened them again, she seemed a lot more serious and confident. "Very well then. I can see there is no use acting like a dumb and helpless little girl around you. If you really are offering a flag, refusal would be stupid..." she said as she reached out to take it, her other hand gripping her pickaxe as tightly as she could. "But may I ask why you are giving up free points, especially to someone who is on the opposing team?"