how hard is x and y?

Junk

so far it is generally pretty easy, however i am about to go into the 3rd gym and after battling that lucario duo i am scared, i mean the lucario duo was easy since i had high levled pokemon,like level 30 or 31 but that swords dance and metal sound, but yeah, how hard was or is pokemon x and y?

It's kinda pretty easy, I had the Exp. Share turned on, I just defeated the Elite Four and Champion without any defeats except for Siebold with a restart before saving after defeating the other 3 members (that I got Greninja defeated in Wikstrom's and Dransa's Pokemon that they used Earthquake and Revenge and used Greninja, Lucario, and Xerneas several times) and just captured Mewtwo (with the Ultra Ball without wasting any Pokeballs and a couple of restarts to avoid Mewtwo to get defeated) and Zygrade (with the Dusk Ball without wasting any Pokeballs and a couple of restarts to avoid Zygrade to get defeated). And I still have the Master Ball not used from the Poke Ball Factory still in my inventory.

Edited by King Marth 64

Most of the difficulty is "WTF is this thing" and remembering the new type chart (it's a few tweaks along with Fairy). If you want to utterly trivialize the game, leave EXP Share on.

Pretty easy.

I had the EXP Share off the entire time, had a pretty unbalanced team, and was rather underleveled, but the E4 was still pretty easy. And money is really plentiful. 400K without even trying is silly.

I thought it was a lot easier than previous Pokemon games, probably because of the new Exp. Share feature allowing you to build a party without ever having to be type disadvantaged. I think they probably made the games easier this time around to accommodate for the fact that no one would really be able to have a good grasp of the new roster's types and strengths yet, which did make the first portion of the game a bit more difficult.

It's piss easy if you turn the exp share on, but if you keep it off (like I did) I found it was harder than the average Pokemon game.

Yeah, that. I was playing without the Exp Share for a while and it was actually pretty hard, with enemy Pokemon levels usually around the same level as my team (I was training 4 Pokemon until I added Lucario), sometimes even higher. But then if you add in the Exp Share and Lucky Egg it becomes a whole lot easier.

I think it's pretty cool, actually, since it's kind of like an ingame choice of a harder or easier difficulty. Turn it off for a harder game, on for an easier game.

Very simple. The fairy type weakness and strengths is basically the only thing you have to teach yourself to remember, and after that it is smooth sailing.

I messed up a few times with typings, but that was it for most of the game. I never wiped (and never even had Charizard faint). I will say the Elite Four was a pretty big difficulty leap and I found it to be an interesting challenge, even though I outleveled them a bit. The Champion was disappointing, though.

Also I randomly found Viola to be pretty hard for a first Gym Leader. Vivillon caught me off guard.

Well I had the exp share off the entire time and I beat the game with pokemon ranging between 56-60. Every battle I was pretty much underlevelled but I never lost except for the champion but final pokemon critted my Meowstic through screens. Had a strategy but said pokemon just destroyed it ;_;

There is no hard pokemon game. I think the closest to difficult would be Red/Blue and maybe Diamond/Pearl at a stretch. Just have some restrictions/rules and you should be fine. Nuzlocke is a popular example of this

hmm...i see i see, even with exp-share, everyone mostly reached lv56-60 party at elite 4. what a lazy players

fine then, i'll either use only 3 pokemon all the time or no exp-share

kinda pretty ironic that the champion of the game had the best levels but prettty much the easiest i heard (even mega-garde is not much big deal)

lysandre? don't even begin talking, just 4 pokemon of early lv50...totally dissapointing ~.~

Don't things like Charizard Y and Mega Lucario rape the hell out of the game? Zard Y sounds ridiculous in particular.

Charizard Y I can't speak for, but from what I've read Mega Lucario is really good. Hasty nature and 31 IVs in speed guaranteed is really good

Edited by DodgeDusk

Charizard Y I can't spear for, but from what I've read Mega Lucario is really good. Hasty nature and 31 IVs in speed guaranteed is really good

Shouldn't we care about POWER more than superfluous speed? I imagine 112 base speed with the best nature/IVs would give Lucario the first turn against plenty of opponents who would be expected to be faster (no clue what those would be as I'm still waiting for my chance to buy the game), but doesn't OHKOing potential with sufficient speed take precedence here? Zard Y has a humongous sp. atk. stat and even sets up sun for itself, giving me the impression of X/Y's Darmanitan.

Shouldn't we care about POWER more than superfluous speed? I imagine 112 base speed with the best nature/IVs would give Lucario the first turn against plenty of opponents who would be expected to be faster (no clue what those would be as I'm still waiting for my chance to buy the game), but doesn't OHKOing potential with sufficient speed take precedence here? Zard Y has a humongous sp. atk. stat and even sets up sun for itself, giving me the impression of X/Y's Darmanitan.

You raise a fair point, but I imagine 145 base attack, adaptability AND having a great physical movepool is more than enough to OHKO most things