Frontier - Act One, Chapter One

Parrhesia

You bitch! Which of you did that... I'll find you and kill you and... and...

Julianne shrieked mentally, but only let out a soft yelp. There were somewhere around 20 prostitutes in the brothel, way too many for Julianne to take in a fight. Maybe somebody like Su San could have survived, but not her, surely.

There was a young girl in the back, fiddling with her crossbow - She was the one, for sure. Beautiful long blonde hair, nice figure, probably still underage. You look like I did when I started out. Watch out, my dear. I love everything about revenge.

Julianne slowly slipped out of the brothel for the second time that day, limping over to the bunkhouse. It wasn't too bad a wound, she'd survived worse.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah. ... Look, sir, I just... I need to get away from people. Is there a place I could go? An empty room, something? I just..." she shook her head. "Can't deal with everything that happened today I guess."

Laughter echoed behind Julianne as she left, but she was permitted to leave unaccosted.

Swindon nodded, and glanced into the distance. He pointed at a nearby watchtower - its occupant was lying half-out of the archer's nest, three arrows in his chest. "Well, I don't suppose he'll mind too much - you won't get much peace on the ground. Sorry, but it's probably the best y' can do."

"Everything," said the blonde with a hint of desperation. "But the main issue's bandages. You... probably can't help with that, can you."

The woman slumped against the wall, and sighed. "Look, my name's Rill. Used to be a prostitute, found a better way to get gratitude and money without the beatings. You'd be surprised what I learned, or... or maybe you wouldn't. Look, are you going to have the chance to meet up with an outpost later? Anything like that? Anywhere with supplies, because this place is on the brink of collapse."

"Ah, no. I might have some." Inge responded. "Another healer has been very quick about treating the wounds after each battle we faced, I almost have no use for those. Might sound weird, but it's true." He said, digging his pack once more, he was sure he'd barely used them before.

"...We likely will have a chance to get more supplies. I don't see how we would reach the Crossing without a stop anywhere." He stopped searching at this moment, finally finding the bandages. "...We won't have the same command with what just happened outside." Inge shrugged. "Our group is good at surviving, either ways. I think we even have a better chance living out there than stuck here."

Sherry shot a few looks between Mary and Cliving and shrugged. "Guess you're right. I'll take your word for it, just don't forget me here if you all start to leave." She laid herself on the bed and tried to force herself to sleep, as tough as that was at the moment.

Rill's eyes light up as she sees the material. "Thanks. You're... very kind. And yet I don't think that'll last us more fights than this... look, what if I came with you? To the Crossing, i-if that's where you're going, because we need to get a supply chain going. I can help, if you need a healer... sorry, I shouldn't assume things. Even if you won't have me, you've been more help than anyone else around here."

A medic is nice for doing their job, huh? Helping with issues that don't involve killing animals probably do the trick.

"... you can come. I don't call the shots, but I don't see why they'd refuse another person that can keep us alive." Inge glanced up at the blonde. "And... from the way you say things are, it might be for the best."

"Inge." The medic answered. "And the one in charge..." Inge looked up for a moment, recalling and assuming what the current events meant. "...would probably be sergeant Cliving now. He's resting in a room not too far. He should be doing fine."

Cliving awoke briefly an hour later, shouting about treachery, towers and orders, before lapsing back into unconsciousness. His life was feared for, but just three hours after that he finally awoke in a lucid state. Swindon stood at his side, and quietly ordered the other bystanders and healers away.

Soon after, the pair emerged, and quietly but efficiently gathered the troops up - Rill hanging along in tow ("we need all the bloody help we can get," conceded Cliving, and reluctantly allowed her to come along). Before midnight, you were on the road again, without a commander, an aim or, it sometimes seemed, hope.

PERCEPTION: Captain Dontell was clearly hiding something about the brigand threat - but what was it that made Kearney snap?

Contact me with the answer within three real time days - correct answers will gain 1 EXP for their character.

Edited by Parrhesia