Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

Are you using Catria to kill the boss? As shown in commonguard's playthrough, if Catria levels up as an Archer in the Drill Grounds after having already capped Spd as a Cav, then she can take the Scorpio shard and a RP use to reach 28 AS as a Falcoknight and double the boss (she'll need the forged Dragonpike to ORKO, though I don't think this should be a huge deal since it shouldn't influence the number of kills Sirius and Ryan get).

Your EXP distribution looks good, yeah. commonguard had Sirius gain about five level-ups across Chs. 12-14, so as long as you match that, Sirius should have a good shot at reaching the Str benchmark for Hardin.

Yeah, I also remember her killing him in my previous playthrough by leveling up mid chapter and getting spd. Kinda dicey when recording, so I might have to level her up as an Archer. I also had to forge a +10 hit hand axe due to all 79s that were missing and screwing up the strat/recording. 89% Hit is a lot more manageable.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This chapter is a pretty tough one. My goals for this chapter were to 5 turn while feeding as many kills as I can to Marth, Sirius and Ryan. I managed to do that pretty well I think. I got this strat from Miikaya's H4 Playthrough, though I obviously had to adapt it in a few places.

The Rainbow Potion uses in this map were to improve reliability, really. In Catria's case, she needed it to reach 28 AS so that she could double the boss. That ended up mattering even with my boss strat, since she whiffed one of the hits.

I had to do a lot of shard swapping in this map. Yumina and Malicia swapped their mag-boosting shards constantly to restore more HP with each Physic. The scorpio was traded around a few times by Catria and Palla to improve reliability. The Taurus was given to Sirius by Caeda when on the forts so that Ryan could take it from Sirius for OHKO'ing a Max HP max Def Wyvern with Silver Bow. Avatar and Marth swapped Leo and Cancer in Turn 2. Avatar didnt have Leo in Turn 1 because I wanted the first Barbarian he attacked to survive the Hand Axe so he could then suicide in the enemy phase to Ryans Iron Bow. Unfortunately, the Barbarian died to an Avatar crit. Cancer was there to make him bulky enough to tank all those hits he needs to take during the course of the chapter.

Chapter 12 is completed in 5 turns.

Chapter 12 was amazing, man. Excellently planned and all.

Thank you ^^.

5 turns eh?

nice job!

your team just keeps getting better

Thanks! The team is indeed looking pretty good. I can already rest easy knowing that Ryan will hit 25 spd as a Horseman by Chapter 17 though I think this Ryan might have slight str issues (dont know if hes screwed though, too lazy to calc). Sirius is still a big question mark whether he can make it to Hardin-slayer combat. Linde is also a question mark on whether she will hit 20-22 spd as a Sage by Chapter 15 (needs to double 20 spd Paladins and Horsemans in Chapter 15 with Nosferatu).

Also, I forgot to post this before Chapter 12:

Catria's training and promotion.

I don't think you need to worry about Linde. You will definitely not need to allocate more than 12-13 Nosferatu uses (there are seven enemies she needs to tank, and 2*(7-1) = 12) to do the Chapter 15 thing, so she can use the other twelve-ish Nosferatu uses to go on a big arena streak right before the chapter if necessary. Even putting aside the arena, Linde can level up in 13x by killing Kleine as a Swordmaster, which has 85% Spd growth, and you can also feed her a couple of Ice Dragons in the other chapters if Sirius isn't in position to kill them.

Edited by Miikaya

I don't think you need to worry about Linde. You will definitely not need to allocate more than 12-13 Nosferatu uses (there are seven enemies she needs to tank, and 2*(7-1) = 12) to do the Chapter 15 thing, so she can use the other twelve-ish Nosferatu uses to go on a big arena streak right before the chapter if necessary. Even putting aside the arena, Linde can level up in 13x by killing Kleine as a Swordmaster, which has 85% Spd growth, and you can also feed her a couple of Ice Dragons in the other chapters if Sirius isn't in position to kill them.

I see. It seems like the best thing to do in Chapter 13 is to have Linde get some kills on the left side. Ryan on the right side (and the wyverns eventually). And sirius flies with Scorpio, getting some kills wherever he can. We'll see what I come up with to feed a lot of kills to them in 4 turns.

I wasn't expecting a four-turn clear of C13...doing C13 so quickly may make Hardin unrealistic for Sirius to crit-kill. I expect that Sirius can still be at least somewhat useful against dragons in the post-Hardin chapters regardless of whether or not he reaches the Hardin benchmark in time, though. In the worst case scenario, you can just use your Arms Scroll on the Avatar instead of Sirius, and give Ryan the Hardin kill instead of Sirius.

I wasn't expecting a four-turn clear of C13...doing C13 so quickly may make Hardin unrealistic for Sirius to crit-kill. I expect that Sirius can still be at least somewhat useful against dragons in the post-Hardin chapters regardless of whether or not he reaches the Hardin benchmark in time, though. In the worst case scenario, you can just use your Arms Scroll on the Avatar instead of Sirius, and give Ryan the Hardin kill instead of Sirius.

Yeah, I have no reason to go for a 6 turn, since I don't have to recruit Beck. I might indeed have to do that Avatar thing. It might even be better that way, since Avatar and Ryan support each other for +crit on Hardin. Either way, I am gonna feed as many kills as I can to Sirius because hes still one of the best unit choices. I wonder if Leiden/Belf are worth one of the Master Seals...

Ok, made a plan to 4 turn Chapter 13 and it works. The only issue is that I need to miss 150 exp total in order to 4 turn.

This is because Marth needs to be in the river in order to not cross into the yellow zone marked here:

mapa13_zps6bb9b3c0.jpg

This makes the 2 Ice Dragons and Dark Mages not move to kill Marth, but also makes it so the wyvern reinforcements arent triggered. This means that Ryan doesnt get to shoot a wyvern reinforcement and Sirius can't get the other Wyvern reinforcement with the MinervAAA forge (dragonpike). Any ideas on how to survive Turn 3 if i decide to trigger the reinforcements? because im not seeing it.

Didn't have to recruit Beck so I could 4 turn the map instead of 6 turn. I had to miss out on 1 wyvern kill due to the boss area being too tough to handle if i trigger wyvern reinforcements. I'm satisfied with how much exp I got for everyone though. I will redo the map save because I messed up in a couple of places. I obviously didnt need Avatar to kill anyone in the boss area (though he should still be in support range of Catria to give her 10 more hit against the boss), so that Malicia physic was very unnecesary. I wanted to use the other Physic on Caeda so she could get another kill though. I think I'll be just fine even without buying Physics (I could reach the Secret Shop but i didnt do it since Im confident I dont need that many physics when i have a Fortify coming up and another Physic drop in chapter 15)

The Rainbow Potion uses in this chapter were so that Marth could double Ice Dragons and so that he didnt get 2HKO'd by them and so that Sirius could also do the same thing to get another kill at the end.

Chapter 13 is completed in 4 turns

Edited by PKL

Redid the Map Save, this is what's different:

Caedalevel_zps6d9b26ab.png

Once again got Str with an HP Lck bonus.

Siriuslevel_zps802a2d00.png

Didn't get def or HP this time, but got the 2 most important stats again.

Catrialevel_zpsa8c2cb63.png

Exactly the same level lol

Pallalevel_zps8fe9d8a1.png

Didn't get Spd or Res this time, but got HP and Def so all is forgiven.

Linde_zpsc023db13.png

Had Feena trade her iron Sword to Linde so I didnt need to use Lady Sword. Very minor money save.

A very straightforward chapter. Using movement to reveal each enemy and picking them off is the name of the game here. Having a sniper bulky enough to take on Kleine, a ballista and a Tomahawk is crucial to a 2 turn I think. Managed to feed the Myrmidons to Marth through the power of Killing Edge hax TM. Maintaining averages was physically impossible in the Dragon chapters btw. Getting like 10 levels each chapter and having to make them bad/close to averages is definetely impossible when recording.

Chapter 13x is completed in 2 turns

Chapter 14 has a few possibilities. I could try to go for a 4 turn (probably 1 Rescue) or I could just recruit Tiki and do the usual 5 turn strat which also requires a Rescue. Hmm...I wonder what I should do. I mean, tiki isn't exactly worth it. She does bring 3000G with her I guess but thats about it. I guess I'll look into the possibility of 4 turning.

EDIT: Besides, the money worries are over as there was definetely enough money for everything I needed.

Edited by PKL

Chapter14_zps08a3f10a.png

So, I was trying to 4 turn Chapter 14 and I came upon this issue.

There's 3 enemies near the throne that block the hallway in the last turn, so I have to kill them with 3 units. Doing so blocks the hallway completely, so Linde cant rescue Marth to the appropiate place to seize.

So, the logical thing to do then, is to trigger these enemies earlier, right? Well, the thing is, Marth needs to get rid of 1 enemy in Turn 2 instead of obtain the Starsphere or Feena dies to that enemy. There's no one else available that turn to get rid of that enemy. There's also the issue of triggering the bottom reinforcements too early, which gets Etzel killed...the only way to do this would probably be to get rid of Etzel in favor of another combat unit. Though this presents another issue...no one can use the thief staff to obtain Again, since Malicia is too busy fortifying. Perhaps the best TC possible is indeed 5 turns. Ideas are welcome.

I keep looking and looking at the map and I've convinced myself that, indeed, in order to 4 turn with 1 Rescue, I need to trigger the throne enemies to appear in Turn 2.

IIRC, I danced my rescuebot like mad in this chapter. I'm not sure how well that'll work, given that I play on H1.

Yeah, I have to dance Linde once in the chapter in Turn 3. (the dance needs to be on Marth in Turn 2 in order to reach Gotoh)

The other (insane) possibility is having staffbot 1 snag Again (as the throne room opens up for a bit before the chapter ends), staffbot 2 use Again on someone, and then do stuff. I don't know if that's feasible/worth it.

The other (insane) possibility is having staffbot 1 snag Again (as the throne room opens up for a bit before the chapter ends), staffbot 2 use Again on someone, and then do stuff. I don't know if that's feasible/worth it.

Wouldn't be worth it then, because i'd be trading 2 staves just for 1 turn when I could be using them elsewhere to save another turn. I actually found out today how to 4 turn it but cant play it until monday. Ill leave this here until then.

After accounting for the RP, your Linde is currently 7 Mag short of 2HKOing Gharnef with one crit and 12 Mag short of OHKOing with one crit. Now that she's met the Spd benchmark, you should really try to have her gain levels as a Sage whenever possible.

After accounting for the RP, your Linde is currently 7 Mag short of 2HKOing Gharnef with one crit and 12 Mag short of OHKOing with one crit. Now that she's met the Spd benchmark, you should really try to have her gain levels as a Sage whenever possible.

Meh, theres like a million Spirit Dusts available so I'm not too worried. She is going to be a Sage for a long time now though, including Chapter 14.

It's ridiculous how much better I am at this game now when compared with my first Lunatic playthrough in 2012.

5Marthsroute.png

this is my Marth in Chapter 13x in my previous Lunatic playthrough. This is 5 levels lower than this faster run. I've gotten so much better at exp distribution, I guess. Anyway, Chapter 14 vid is coming tomorrow ^_^

Managed to come up with a strat to 4 turn this map while obtaining the Again and the Swordkiller chests. Had to use quite a few Rainbow Potions here. One on Palla so that she can OHKO the first Dark Mage and so that she isnt as prone to Ice Dragon crits (but ideally still facing 2% crit from them, as that makes the first Ice Dragon go after her instead of Marth). On Marth so that he can ORKO Ice Dragons. On Linde so that she can double the Ice Dragons near the end with Nosferatu and so that she could OHKO Thieves with Aura and the last one was on Sirius, mainly so that he could double a Dark Mage as a Horseman.

Sirius being a Horseman was actually crucial, as otherwise he just dies to the Killing Edge Thief + an Ice Dragon (if the thief doesn crit him through his awful Lck). I managed to feed a lot of kills to Marth Catria and Ryan this chapter, so I'm happy with the outcome. Marth seems strong for the rest of the game. Ryan looks strong for the rest of the game too, having hit 27 spd for Chapter 17 and just 1 short of 30 spd with Rainbow Potion. Catria has also been growing Str quite well, though her Def looks problematic.

Anyway,

Chapter 14 is completed in 4 turns

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention one little detail. The dark mage dodge in turn 1 from Minerva didnt mean anything. She didnt have to chip that one thief in turn 2 because she had the scorpio with her and the plan was actually for her to move over there and have Catria grab it from her so that Catria could double the thief.

Edited by PKL