No canto after dropping

Espinosa

Has this occurred before to anyone else? You have surplus movement after dropping a unit, but after the drop you are not given a chance to re-move. This has mostly happened in FE8 for me, but I'm pretty sure I've experienced this in 6 and 7 as well.

No clue about the explanation, but it seems likely to happen when you perform any trading between the dropper and the droppee and maybe it's some sort of a misclick.

I've wondered about this before too. It only happens when trading and it happens mostly on the GBA games, though I've had Titania not able to canto before in FE9.

EDIT: It hasn't happened for a long time to me because I trade before doing any move these days as I know that can happen. It seems to happen whenever you move from your spot and then trade.

Edited by PKL

Could it have something to do with the terrain? Mounted ground units in particular have difficulty passing through forests, so if you move three spaces and one of those spaces is a forest, you might not be able to move again after that.

• 4 weeks later...

there are some spaces in fe7 where that can happen, i found one in new resolve the other day

also there are spaces were the reverse can happen, (canto after attacking) on some spaces too, battle before dawn is full of them

i sometimes think it happens to me as well, but i usually brush it off as i accidently hit a wrong button or something, which may or may not be true

Edited by General Horace

Re-move after attacking in FE7 seems to occur when mounted units have surplus move while attacking broken walls and suchlike objects.

It also occurs after attacking on hazard tiles(like the flame spouts in Valorous Roland(E28)