itt kai asks sf to help him make a decision

Ansem

5 members have voted

1. 1. yes/no

• yes
    • no

tomorrow is an sat date, and i will be taking the math subject test. there are two types, math I and II, i signed up for I because II is harder. On the day of the test, I can take multiple subject tests. i was thinking about taking math II too, but i barely prepared for the first one. there is still the off chance that I do amazing on the first one, but I doubt that will happen, I'll probably get within the 6-700 range which is not too impressive. if i take math II, i feel as if i may get a score around the 500's. should i take the chance?

how much math have you taken? i'm inclined to recommend math I to you since it sounds like you've prepared for it and have some sense of what to expect; math II isn't difficult in the sense that it requires a lot of thinking, but it's possible that you may not have seen some of the stuff covered in math II, which may wind up in a lower math II score than what you predict.

how much math have you taken? i'm inclined to recommend math I to you since it sounds like you've prepared for it and have some sense of what to expect; math II isn't difficult in the sense that it requires a lot of thinking, but it's possible that you may not have seen some of the stuff covered in math II, which may wind up in a lower math II score than what you predict.

currently in ap calc, i've taken algebra, algebra II trig, and geometry

hahaha fuck the sats

yes

fuck that shit

YES

fuck the academy

nah

hmm. you should try taking a few practice tests for math II (best way to study at this point, both for math I and math II); if you consistently break like 600 or so (completely arbitrary benchmark i pulled out of my ass) then go for it.

Edited by Nessie

If you feel like you're good at math then go for it

There's no real harm in taking it other than your (parents') wallet because you don't have to send it to the colleges if you do poorly

I got like a 780, completely winged it no study, probably got a negative sign wrong of something or some bullshit I always do

but there is a reason why I'm partially a math major

SAT = Some Awful Test

Also dude, 600-700 is pretty good. You might not get into an ivy league school with those scores but there's still some decent schools out there that'll take you. Standardized tests are only part of the equation when it comes to college applications anyway.

Edited by Jack Frost

You're probably actually ready for Math II, as its tested content only goes up to algebra 2 iirc. It's dependent more on whether or not you remember all the old material from that class.

I haven't heard of AP calc students scoring far below 700 on either Math I or II; you should be fine!

Depends on the school you're applying for, really. If you think you'll need the SAT scores to get in, then go with Math I. If not, then why not do Math II for giggles?