FE6 Sage Anim. issues.

ThisProfileNoLongerUsed

So, uh...
555azVV.png

Yeah. Idk why this is happening, but I'll tell you what I did anyways.

First, I patched the FEditor Adv. thingy with Onmi's patch, then I inserted the FE7 animations of the Sages into FE6. I did not move anything around, I only replaced the animations with the FE7 ones. Using Lilina ingame attack someone is fine, her animation shows up perfectly, but when she heals someone, she uses the Male Sage's healing animation. I can't even heal with any male Sage, though, much less use them to attack.

In FEditor, under the Class Animation Manager, these are where the Sage animations are:

• 12 (Lilina's Sage anim.)
  • 36 (Male Sage)
  • 46 (Female Sage)
  • 79 and 7A (Male Sage Staffing and Female Sage staffing, respectively)

I've tried redoing it from scratch and only doing it one at a time, but it seems that whenever I insert the animations in the Sage slots, it starts to fuck up other classes too, like the Nomad and Thief. I can barely get through the list because they won't properly display, so I can't see what's all messed up.

Edited by Rokklaggio

I can't recall if Omni's patch only worked for text or if it covered animations too. FE6 doesn't particularly work with FEditor, I have a feeling even when patched it results in problems.

What the fuck is THAT Eldritch Abomination?!

Idk but I have no way to fix it

I can't recall if Omni's patch only worked for text or if it covered animations too. FE6 doesn't particularly work with FEditor, I have a feeling even when patched it results in problems.

.This is what I thought, too, but the other animations run perfectly. It's just the sages, however, that act up.

Edited by Rokklaggio

Do things go wrong when you insert a different animation in a different slot? I'm no expert by any means, but this'll narrow it down to either the animation, the slot or the concept as a whole.

Who is Omni? What is his patch? What does it do? Why criticize freeware* that is open source when you can fix it yourself?

* Produced out of the goodness of 2 mens' hearts over the course of several years

Edited by Insidious Silence

Do things go wrong when you insert a different animation in a different slot? I'm no expert by any means, but this'll narrow it down to either the animation, the slot or the concept as a whole.

Somewhat...I put the Sage's animation into a different slot, and it plays, albeit glitchy. It may the concept, but I'm not so sure.

That would probably be because the FE7 Sage animations are larger in some way than the FE6 ones. I should know, I tried overwriting multiple animations myself only to have them blow up. Just expand the array. It should work fine.

That would probably be because the FE7 Sage animations are larger in some way than the FE6 ones. I should know, I tried overwriting multiple animations myself only to have them blow up. Just expand the array. It should work fine.

Expand the array? Not very familiar with that, as I've never had to do that before. Is there a tutorial on that?

Edited by Rokklaggio

Well, I KINDA got it fixed. The Male sage now fully works, but i'm now having trouble with the Female sage.

Ayeayeaye... :/ Well, I fixed the first part, so I know what I should do now. Thanks, everyone for helping! I truly appreciate it

EDIT: Okay, I got it fully fixed. Thank you everyone!

Edited by Rokklaggio

You wanna post what you did instead of leaving us hanging?

56zO5.png

that tutorial will be $10 please

Yeah, I wish my software generated money that easily.

Speaking of which I would totally sue your ass for trying to make money off of it

are oyu going to tell us how you fixed it or are you going to leave it as a mystery for the ages

Oh, I understand what you mean now. Sorry, it's 4AM where I'm at right now, so I'm really tired.

I simply expanded the arrays like you told me to, only I expanded it a few more slots. That's all I did, really. The slot for Lilina's Sage animation also wasn't showing, so I had to reinsert the sprite into the slot. Other than that, that's all.

Edited by Rokklaggio