Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19lTX4quV7UbHDe7Iqw-COhBv1lX8ygSaTjwV_VECQF0/htmlview?usp=drive_web

Please save it to your PC and do not edit this document on the Google drive, as it's our main version. It's still in the works, and missing a bit like supports still, but it's come a long long way so far.

Yeppers. Thanks!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we've been playing FE8 a lot again, anyone think anything might be seriously wrong with this tier list we put together a while ago:

Eirika

Ephraim ↓

Tana

High

Franz

Gilliam ↑

Vanessa

Neimi

Joshua

Forde

Kyle

Amelia

Gerik ↑

Cormag

Mid

Seth

Moulder ↑

Ross ↑

Garcia ↑

Colm

Innes ↑

Marisa ↑

Ewan ↑

Low

Artur ↑

Lute

Natasha

L'Arachel

Dozla ↑

Saleh ↑

Rennac

Duessel

Knoll ↑

Syrene

I definitely think Gerik should be Number 1 character of the boosters meta, but everything else I'm not so sure about.

Franz and the other mounts are pretty dumpster tier without Garm, dunno why they're so high

Saleh seems pretty good too, honestly. Although you can't use siege tomes in the normal link arena, are we just going to ignore that (can't double with bolting anyway)

I'd like to try an fe8 game with a team not built around 40 def Gilliam to really know what's good though, haha.

Edited by General Horace

because Franz Amelia support is just that OP, with Weapon Triangle control and Reavers being reavers?

IMO Axereaver on GreatKnight Franz still fucks over Garm users pretty well, with that +30 Avo

Then you have Franz sitting around doing no damage while Garm still has two shots to hit him. Or just get a sword user to get free damage on him.

His caps are just so terrible, and his averages are mediocre, as are his supports.

Franz's supports are not worse than Kyle and Forde's IMHO. Kyle's are probably the worst of the three cavs.

Saleh is meh because of 22 average mag, which is a bit too low for an Excal user. Moulder's attack is even lower and his accuracy issues are even harder to fix, so I think Moulder should stay where he is in Mid tier and not move up to High.

I think the GKs (besides Duessel) all deserve their spots in High Tier because of Garm access and full weapon triangle control for a multitude of options and flexibility.

I think the speed cap is just to low for great knights. I think the top tier should be Gerik an Eirika, and I must say that Innes has done well enough for me to boost him up a bit, his supports are also quite good.

great knights just have way too many effective weaknesses to be good. A Garm Great knight Franz is twoshotted by an uninvested Joshua, which is plain sad. Joshua even does more damage!

Which means without Garm he's ORKO'd

Edited by General Horace

I'm counting 23/53 (neutral) damage; how's that a 2HKO? Anyway, if Franz doesn't have Garm equipped, Josh will not 2HKO and get hurt in the process - sufficiently to be taken out next turn. It's kinda like SMs hesitating to attack 26 AS Boyds in the FE9 meta.

tbqh I'm not even sure the GKs are any worse than Gilliam! It seems like they're immediately after Gerik if you're looking for the best users of Garm in the custom averages meta, and if you have two on the same team (likely as they support each other), you will create confusion as to how the opponent should go about attacking them.

Sure, if we assume Garm is given to somebody else, they're not so hot anymore, but assume we take away Garm from Gerik or Ross - they will suffer even more (Ross becomes completely unplayable).

i don't think gilliam is very good either

wrt to joshua 22 str + 27 effective might from armourslayer is 49 - 18 defence is 31 damage

if he doesn't have garm and has a non vidofnir lance he's almost ORKO'd so that's not any better. Not to mention crit chance and the possibility of an energy ring (although Franz could have defensive boosters, but he doesn't use them that well.

there's really no point to not have Garm Gerik on your team, everybody else just gets a 20 MT beatstick and no longer gets doubled.

Edited by General Horace

Garm users function in a more or less the same way, really. Gerik just happens to be the most durable one.

Also, the uninvested Josh you speak of is pretty easy to counter if he pulls out the Armorslayer - weighed down to 28 AS renders him doublable by some Garm and Excal users, while people can attack him without fearing any heavy damage back.

And if GKs receiving 24-x dmg from Armorslayer is a big deal, what about Gerik receiving 33-x dmg from Swordslayer? He becomes easier to kill than Kyle from this perspective.

if you're trading a swordmaster for garm, i think its a good trade lol

also its not anything like attacking boyd. Garm has less hit, the meta has less hit in general. Garm Franz! has 38 hit on Joshua lol.

28 AS isn't doubleable by anything in averages + boosters.

Swordslayers are a fair point against Gerik though.

I'd like to play another averages game in FE8 too to try some things, any takers? No awakening skills though for me.

Josh himself gets absolutely decimated by swordslayers anyway.

Edited by General Horace

Well, that applies to all Garm users, doesn't it? Some just have +hit supports, others don't.

I could play but I've been involved in more than a half of the recent games, so let's wait for somebody else to face you instead.

Yeah it's not just Franz, although his skill is kinda mediocre. The point was the silver forges and higher hit make FE9 a lot different.

FE8 doesn't really offer a whole lot of team varience either :(

Edited by General Horace

Yeah, FE9 still feels like the most balanced meta, though MakaBrom could cast doubt under that statement (is this support really that bad?). Especially if cut weapons are out of the picture.

Anybody want to try a FE7 vs. FE8 match sometime? Each team can use the weapons available to them in their respective game, and the mechanics are mostly shared anyway.

FE8 weapons are so much stronger

I don't think it's much of a contest.

FE7 stats are slightly better though.

I guess there is the Uber Spear, I forgot about that lol, although an uberspear oswin with renewal would be pretty troll

Edited by General Horace

I've decided I don't want to play another FE8 game. It's not worth it. More than half the cast is totally outclassed and useless.

Edited by General Horace

I don't really like maxes meta's in general, it takes away unit originality. Everyone having 30 luck and supports just turns it into a dodgeoff anyway (i think it would have anyway) since weapon hit is pretty mediocre.

Berserkers are definately way too strong though. Like why do they have one of the highest skill caps in the game?

TRS honestly looks pretty interesting, all the skills and units I don't know overwhelm me though. I'd still be up for attempting to make a team though, it looks like it has potential, even if there is Awareness everywhere.

Edited by General Horace