Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Hm, that sounds like a good idea. Should give me a better perspective on what would be useful and what isn't. Right now I'm trying to make something which makes moderating as easy as possible. I'll host the next FE9 game which wants to start, I suppose.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do... but to get the best idea of what's going on in FE9 I think I'd want an FE9 match. If nothing comes up soon I suppose I can host the FE8 match instead. I would also have to teach myself the FE8 ruleset, which I don't know (although I suspect it isn't that different).

The ruleset is considerably more simplistic in comparison to PoR, and barely needs any explanation. I'm mostly bringing it up because these two doods couldn't find a host for their match, but I'm sure there's no shortage of people who would be interested in having a FE9 game outside the tourney right now, either (and that would be more relevant to making an Excel database for that particular metagame).

i have a team i'm not intending to use in the tourney (because it's kinda bad) if anyone wants to battle, I guess.

although he could just wait till the next game in the tourney is ready, although people seem to be taking a while to finish their teams, so it might be another couple of days

On the topic of Corrosion mechanics, when you break a weapon in FE9 you just attack with the next one, though that applies to player's units and the change occurs for the next fight (e.g. you break your Hand Axe, then you don't double with it unless the first strike whiffs - everyone should know this nuance I think). I'm not actually sure if you still miss your counter though, but there is one enemy against whom it can be tested - the Raven boss in the ship chapter.

Not in the case of Nihil...

Sorry, let me re-word that. I swear, I should just proof read all my stuff.

Do we know that parity negates shade/provoke in the game? The skill is pretty useless, especially compared to nihil, but if those skills still worked then it could actually have some use.

Parity destroys support boosts, making units like Runesword Elincia and Avotank Oscar much weaker in early game.

I really need to be quiet and realize how bad I am at this.

I mean, I understand that the introduction of bands is a simplification, but the usage of the word is really ironic here because it actually makes the team building process a lot more complicated for the players and the hosts, considering you can take different numbers of levels to work on different stats (e.g. Brom spends 10 levels with the Knight Ward and the rest with a Wyvern Band).

I think I understand what Anon's doing here, but if you want to have an actual precise database for that, then it should probably look something like this (stats do not reflect the reality)

Ike   52.25  22.5  18.4   27.65  35.4 etc.

where the decimals simply point to what the unit's averages are taking into account the Fixed Mode 1st level gains. This allows players to choose which bands they want to apply for which levels. e.g. 9 levels with the Mage Band, 10 levels with the Priest Band, 20 levels with the Knight Ward. In this event, we also have to decide if anything rounds up at all (since we're using Fixed Mode averages with the base growth values).

It should be done in the way I described, if done at all, but really, how much motivation will anyone have to play and run games with such changes? The levels of precision that are introduced are more appropriate to making jewels than playing FE Link Arena.

While I get this is a broken idea, points out why and is overall ludicrous to seriously consider, who would actually like to play a game like this? I have a thing for numbers, and I've been meaning to see if I could host something. So even as a one-time test, could this be tried? Who knows, the battle could turn out to be a real jewel.

I have a gimmick team that I'd like to run a battle with.

Any takers? (not Espinosa, he knows what the team is)

Fe9 averages boosters meta. Uhhhhh yea

Edited by Elieson

i do have a team that I wasn't going to use in the tourney, if we have a host, i'll oblige

I would host, but im not gonna be on after an hour or 2 from now until tomorrow.

Anyone wanna try an FE12 battle with me? What to do with the spheres I wonder? They do get destroyed when they form Marth's shield...but part of me wants to try them out!

Orbs would probably be fine, but they'd have to be limited to one per unit I think. Also, what do people think about MU? My opinion is to just ban for simplicity.

Orbs would probably be fine, but they'd have to be limited to one per unit I think. Also, what do people think about MU? My opinion is to just ban for simplicity.

Yeah, one per unit is a must. And Darksphere banned for sure. I would say to give MU a chance. It doesn't seem like he'd be broken.