Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

yep, it was 84 hit after resolve.

I have a team i'd like to play a game with in normal FE9 meta (no cut supports/fe10 stuff) if anyone is interested to play/host)

Id like to play.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two of them are lucia, and one of them are tanith, I don't think it's that big of a deal? And Ike/Zihark isn't even very good in my opinion, it limits the offensive potential of your team quite a bit.

Brom/Makalov, Oscar/Tanith/Astrid, Ike/Zihark anyone? Why would we introduce more luck?

BroMak isnt luck at all.

And

We tried doing the opposite, going off of cold hard stats and skills, and it led to a ban on Ragnell and Nasir

tbqh luck's always there (what with that Vague Katti).

More variety is always nice though. I'd personally support the inclusion of both cut supports and Rexflame (the only unavailable S-rank weapon that matters really... watchc out for Calill even more after that though; becomes a Top Tier unit with 31 AS and with the dragon ban there's no sponge for her magic).

Well, I guess we'd all use Tanith/Oscar/Astrid with such a meta and get that banned/go back to uncut supports once people realize its dumb.

Edited by PKL

i don't know why pkl is complaining about luck when his team is based off getting crits

I think Rexflame might be too good, Calill doesn't lost AS from it and 31 AS doubles all the paladins which is a pretty big deal, but all the other weapons seem fine, considering Urvans is worse than a forged Silver in pretty much every way, and the other weapons are all pretty niche.

I used Oscar/Tanith/Astrid and lost to Elie in a match earlier, the hitrates even with an unsupported Tauroneo weren't even that bad.

Edited by General Horace

i don't know why pkl is complaining about luck when his team is based off getting crits

I think Rexflame might be too good, Calill doesn't lost AS from it and 31 AS doubles all the paladins which is a pretty big deal, but all the other weapons seem fine, considering Urvans is worse than a forged Silver in pretty much every way, and the other weapons are all pretty niche.

Yeah I use that because I like the 3 brothers though. And that can be dismantled, so to speak. Tell me how to you play around the above trio of supports safely?

parity

kill the one of them without nihil

if any of them run nihil they can't run other skills because they all have 20 skill points

tanith and astrid are weak statistically, they have 43/39 HP and mediocre defensive stats.

I really don't think they're that broken.

Edited by General Horace

Turn 13

cq4w.pngvs99j5.png

Elieson's Oscar (Silver Lance) attacks Horace's Oscar (Silver Lance)!

Horace's Oscar activates Nihil!

20 dmg 55% Hit 0% Crit

Edited by PKL

Yeah, Tanith and Astrid are pretty mediocre, and Astrid's affinity isn't even Earth.

If Calill decides to double a Paladin (likely 2HKOing), she's taking a counter and thus vulnerable to getting KO'd next turn.

It also makes the other Sages noticeably better. Rexflame is mutually exclusive with Rexbolt but S fire is available to everyone, right?

I remember me and Elieson played a High tier (no Top tier units) game once. I think those should be getting back!

I understand Ike x Oscar, but Oscar x Tanith x Astrid? Not buying that. Also, your options should be much wider than high-avo units trying to poke each other. And supports are meant to be broken (the worthwhile ones, anyway).

Calill's already dangerous enough to touch, isn't she, and threatens Generals with Meteor chip. Ike can attack her with Rexflame about as safely as when she is equipped with Rexbolt or a Thunder forge, too.

I understand Ike x Oscar, but Oscar x Tanith x Astrid? Not buying that. Also, your options should be much wider than high-avo units trying to poke each other. And supports are meant to be broken (the worthwhile ones, anyway).

Calill's already dangerous enough to touch, isn't she, and threatens Generals with Meteor chip. Ike can attack her with Rexflame about as safely as when she is equipped with Rexbolt or a Thunder forge, too.

I won't bother to keep trying to convince you guys. You never listen to me, so add it if you want.

And we all know what happened to ZM's Ike. So safe.

pkl

in the current meta there's a kieran/oscar/marcia/tanith support foursome that's more or less the same as oscar/tanith/astrid

or even if you just support Oscar with Kieran and Tanith, its exactly the same as Astrid, except Kieran is better.

but I do agree with you on the Rexflame thing, I think it's too OP.

regardless does anyone want to host a game between pkl and I?

Edited by General Horace

pkl

in the current meta there's a kieran/oscar/marcia/tanith support foursome that's more or less the same as oscar/tanith/astrid

or even if you just support Oscar with Kieran and Tanith, its exactly the same as Astrid, except Kieran is better.

but I do agree with you on the Rexflame thing, I think it's too OP.

regardless does anyone want to host a game between pkl and I?

Except the cut support one is only 3 units long with less conflicting roles.

yeah you're right on the 4 unit chain, using marcia and tanith is pretty bad

but still, even without the extra support on Tanith, I don't think that the cut supports team is much better than the unsupported one. (kieran/oscar/tanith).

there's still deadeye snipers who are still going to be popular even with the nerf. none of the three are gonna run parity, anyway. they'd wreck tanith and astrid too.

like if we play multiple games and the chain proves to be broken, i'm all for banning it, but I don't think i'm alone in thinking that it won't be.

Edited by General Horace