Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally really like the introduction of the GBA style counter. Now the fighting isn't all about safe chip from range. We'll have to see how it changes matchups of stall / bulky offence with royals and all, though, but it looks like we've made a really good decision.

[spoiler=See teams / rules here]

Elieson's team

tpz7.pngsjyu.png7c8l.pngha1t.png2wb8.png

VS

PKL's team

hrwh.pngsxd5.png48s6.pngld4m.png2qcnrtc.png

Ruleset:

- Averages meta, no boosters, no custom skills

- No royals

- Shade active until 2 members have fallen, Provoke always active

- GBA-style counter

Turn 12.

ha1t.pngvs sxd5.png

Elieson's Gatrie (Silver Lance) attacks PKL's Oscar (Silver Lance)!

24 dmg 65% hit 0% crit 25% Luna

(5 57 77 60)

Oscar receives 24/49 damage!

Oscar counterattacks!

13 dmg 100% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(6 60 2 28)

Gatrie receives 13/59 damage!

Oscar attacks again!

(66 47 26 32)

Gatrie receives 13/59 damage!

Both sides survive the fight.

Stats:

Elieson

Ike 52/52

Shinon 0/46

Ilyana 0/39

Gatrie 7/59

Lucia 0/42

PKL

Ike 52/52

Oscar 25/49

Rolf 0/45

Marcia 0/43

Tauroneo 0/52

PKL acts next.

Elieson's team

VS

PKL's team

Ruleset:

- No royals

- GBA-style counter

Turn 13.

ha1t.pngvs sxd5.png

PKL's Oscar (Wishblade) attacks Elieson's Gatrie (Brave Lance)!

9 dmg 100% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(3 58 25 70)

Gatrie receives 7/59 damage!

Gatrie is KO'd!

Stats:

Elieson

Ike 52/52

Shinon 0/46

Ilyana 0/39

Gatrie 0/59

Lucia 0/42

PKL

Ike 52/52

Oscar 25/49

Rolf 0/45

Marcia 0/43

Tauroneo 0/52

Elieson acts next.

Elieson's team

VS

PKL's team

Ruleset:

- No royals

- GBA-style counter

Turn 14.

tpz7.pngvs sxd5.png

Elieson's Ike (Brave Sword) attacks PKL's Oscar (Wishblade)!

9x2 dmg 38% hit 0% crit 27% Aether

(97)

(67 83 83)

Ike misses!

(63)

(4 97 40)

Ike misses!

Oscar counterattacks!

18 dmg 82% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(43 35 65 90)

Ike receives 18/52 damage!

Stats:

Elieson

Ike 34/52

Shinon 0/46

Ilyana 0/39

Gatrie 0/59

Lucia 0/42

PKL

Ike 52/52

Oscar 25/49

Rolf 0/45

Marcia 0/43

Tauroneo 0/52

PKL acts next.

Elieson's team

VS

PKL's team

Ruleset:

- No royals

- GBA-style counter

Turn 15.

tpz7.pngvs sxd5.png

PKL's Oscar (Silver Lance) attacks Elieson's Ike (Brave Sword)!

22 dmg 100% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(92 9 47 17)

Oscar activates Sol!

Ike receives 22/52 damage!

Oscar recovers 22/49 HP!

Ike counterattacks!

9x2 dmg 41% hit 0% crit 27% Aether

(57)

(19 81 75)

Ike misses!

(68)

(48 23 30)

Oscar receives 9/49 damage!

Stats:

Elieson

Ike 12/52

Shinon 0/46

Ilyana 0/39

Gatrie 0/59

Lucia 0/42

PKL

Ike 52/52

Oscar 38/49

Rolf 0/45

Marcia 0/43

Tauroneo 0/52

Elieson acts next.

Elieson's team

VS

PKL's team

Ruleset:

- No royals

- GBA-style counter

Turn 16.

tpz7.pngvs sxd5.png

Elieson's Ike (Silver Sword) attacks PKL's Oscar (Silver Lance)!

18 dmg 71% hit 0% crit 27% Aether

(52)

(23 21 90)

Oscar receives 18/49 damage!

Oscar counterattacks!

22 dmg 100% hit 0% crit 26% Sol

(1 94 94 71)

Ike receives 12/52 damage!

Ike is KO'd!

Stats:

Elieson

Ike 0/52

Shinon 0/46

Ilyana 0/39

Gatrie 0/59

Lucia 0/42

PKL

Ike 52/52

Oscar 20/49

Rolf 0/45

Marcia 0/43

Tauroneo 0/52

PKL wins the match!

Yeah Elie! It was fun. We both haxed each other! lol

Holy shit, Oscar though!

Thoughts after this match:

Ilyana is a lot more manageable like this. She still 2HKOs the shit out of everyone, but at least she doesn't completely cheese the game by being uncounterable forever and can be played around by taking down her team members.

Shinon is kinda bad.

Tauroneo could've done even better If I had played him better. Resolve Tauro, like Espi mentioned before, can 4HKO Gatrie cleanly with a Brave Sword even with WTD. That's BEAST.

EarthxEarth support with WTA seems OP, but I don't think it's bannable. Perhaps it should be tested? Elie had a better shot if he had stayed with forges though. But he tried fishing for the aether procs too much with brave.

Lucia is bad and should feel bad. Other than the countering Ilyana niche, she's plain terrible. Too little durability. I thought she'd have VK to boost her defense at first, so I figured Rolf was safe. Runesword surprised me haha.

Marcia got owned by the crit, so idk what to think. She's probably ok still. Probably not high tier, since she's way too frail. But she does give Rolf some attack and has decent avo and Atk. Stun isn't too bad either.

Gatrie is a threat, definetely. But he does have a tendency to get doubled by everything, so, I think Tauro is better than him.

Im still wondering how Nephenee would do? Someone use her!

Overall, I really liked the GBA Arena mechanic despite being confused by it at first (IDK shit about Arenas in general except FE12 drill grounds). Though at times, it did make me think like I was cornered...I really like this meta tho. I might try Laguz Royals next, though tbh, I'm biased against them because I think they're OP.

Edited by PKL

Lucia countering a doubledodge on Rolf made it all worthwhile though

Yeah, you had Ilyana with a whopping +20 hit boost from supports, which could've been taken advantage of.

Some bad luck there at the end too - for example, you missed 5 Aether chances in a row, which has a 20% chance of happening. Granted, with those 40ish accuracies on 4/5 of these attacks those Sols and Lunas could've easily all missed too.

Right now, it looks like making Shade active until 2 team mates die is not a bad idea. In this match, Ilyana wasn't particularly active, and at times it was preferable to go for Brave Bow attacks since you kinda run a Sniper to try to crit and sleep early on in the first place. It's still difficult to say if Shade won't be too OP if you run a team of Ilyana + 4 walls (probably Ike/Oscar/Tibarn/another character). We'll see what happens, we'll see.

An alternative mechanics of Shade that could be tried is that only the characters that have been attacked by Ilyana are able to target her (like, she's invisible to each enemy until she chips at them). This essentially limits Ilyana to accurate Rexbolt nuking should she not want to die. Not sure how good of an idea this is.

Edited by Espinosa

Yeah, you had Ilyana with a whopping +20 hit boost from supports, which could've been taken advantage of.

Some bad luck there at the end too - for example, you missed 5 Aether chances in a row, which has a 20% chance of happening. Granted, with those 40ish accuracies on 4/5 of these attacks those Sols and Lunas could've easily all missed too.

Right now, it looks like making Shade active until 2 team mates die is not a bad idea. In this match, Ilyana wasn't particularly active, and at times it was preferable to go for Brave Bow attacks since you kinda run a Sniper to try to crit and sleep early on in the first place. It's still difficult to say if Shade won't be too OP if you run a team of Ilyana + 4 walls (probably Ike/Oscar/Tibarn/another character). We'll see what happens, we'll see.

An alternative mechanics of Shade that could be tried is that only the characters that have been attacked by Ilyana are able to target her (like, she's invisible to each enemy until she chips at them). This essentially limits Ilyana to accurate Rexbolt nuking should she not want to die. Not sure how good of an idea this is.

Look at the post above this for my thoughts. I think Ilyana was fine and manageable, but you have a point about a more stall oriented team. I think it should be manageable, but should definetely be tested. Once you add stupid invinci-royals, it could get as bad as before. I'm still curious about Nephenee. Perhaps I might use her in a team next. Espi wanna battle me? Obviously not now.

Also, what do you think of EarthxEarth?

Edited by PKL

Tauroneo could've done even better If I had played him better. Resolve Tauro, like Espi mentioned before, can 4HKO Gatrie cleanly with a Brave Sword even with WTD. That's BEAST.

Tauroneo misses the 4HKO if Gatrie has a KW actually (which is probably a good idea, though this leaves Gatrie vulnerable to Giffca and Tibarn, but not too much if he's covering Ilyana and wielding a VK for +6 defence). Defence stacking Generals seems like a really good idea. KW on Tauroneo is not a bad one either.

Anyway, Tauroneo's losing to Gatrie in defensive stats pretty noticeably (strength too, but you forget about it in Resolve state), so by the time Tauroneo is in Resolve, he's really easy to finish off, even if he wrecks the shit out of somebody before going down.

Lucia is bad and should feel bad. Other than the countering Ilyana niche, she's plain terrible. Too little durability. I thought she'd have VK to boost her defense at first, so I figured Rolf was safe. Runesword surprised me haha.

Actually, the VK barely saves Lucia from Brave Lance users, so Runesword is probably the best idea with her high avo and Parity. She's just a dodge-tank that kills Ilyana, and her supports are one-way too. Viability depends strictly on how dangerous Ilyana is. A team that loses Ilyana to Lucia can still win the battle (unless there's an Ilyana on the other side and the walls just don't go down), but if you add Lucia to your team and have no Ilyana to kill then you've wasted a deployment slot. It's a dilemma.

Marcia got owned by the crit, so idk what to think. She's probably ok still. Probably not high tier, since she's way too frail. But she does give Rolf some attack and has decent avo and Atk. Stun isn't too bad either.

She's kinda bad, but people seem to like trying to snipe her, so if she can take a Brave Bow and counter with the Wishblade (less important now that 1-2 is countered by everything), just about anybody could finish the sniper off. Still, seems like a waste with 23 str cap and poor bulk in averages meta. Maybe better in maximum stats meta, but doesn't double Boyd anymore and I'd rather use Jill as a Stun annoyer.

Look at the post above this for my thoughts. I think Ilyana was fine and manageable, but you have a point about a more stall oriented team. I think it should be manageable, but should definetely be tested. Once you add stupid invinci-royals, it could get as bad as before. I'm still curious about Nephenee. Perhaps I might use her in a team next. Espi wanna battle me? Obviously not now.

Also, what do you think of EarthxEarth?

There's always the option to run Lucia+Shinon. If we decide it's still bad, the alternative cited (visibility thing) could be adapted as one of the possible rules (we can change them depending on what we want to play you know; for example, Shade and Provoke with boosters, maximum stats or custom skills sound terribly OP whereas Provoke is okay in the current meta and Shade is just dubious).

WRT battles to be had - the next game is probably going to be ZM vs. me in the maximum stats meta later this week. I'm always up to play against you in the normal metagame with royals just about anytime after that.

Ike x Oscar support is okay. Forges and royals can connect attacks on the two just fine. There are also plenty of +hit supports that you could employ, and nothing's stopping you from focusing on taking out either Ike or Oscar when you still haven't run out of firepower.