Rate the pairings

Arenblier

I tried this one some saves ago. Really enjoyed, gonna try again. Also, thanks for the "no -def on lunatic", but which one should I flaw?

Lon'qu!Brady for what class?

I would advise a flaw in skill or res. However res can lead to some issues with the prologue Mage so. It's up to you but I'd avoid -def, -str/mag, and -hp. Each makes the beggining harder than it should be. Of course this is just for lunatic or lunatic+.

I'd make Brady a dread fighter. Just for fun.

I would advise a flaw in skill or res. However res can lead to some issues with the prologue Mage so. It's up to you but I'd avoid -def, -str/mag, and -hp. Each makes the beggining harder than it should be. Of course this is just for lunatic or lunatic+.

Maybe -luck? I'm risking on this one right now

What they're saying is that you're hyping up the Vantage + Aether combo a little bit too much.

That's exactly what i'm saying.

I get it, i play weird.

but the thing about fire emblem, is that there's no set way to do it. it's infinite, and it mainly started because the NES was really bad with the processing power, so it made a turn based game that let you exploit the Nes's flaw and make a new genre about it... it is a series of unorthodox methods that let you mold it in any way you want.

I like the way I play, I play for individuality... and that's the most sentimental you can get on a forum.

Edited by WrathN'Resolve

Maybe -luck? I'm risking on this one right now

Lucks a pretty good choice. You lose one max stat in both magic and strength. You also lose 5 off each growth but neither of those will hamper you in the long run. What are you using for you asset.

Lucks a pretty good choice. You lose one max stat in both magic and strength. You also lose 5 off each growth but neither of those will hamper you in the long run. What are you using for you asset.

Asset is Skill

Only SM/Assassin. Zerker and Falco are 44.

But virtually anything 40+ can hit 45 with mods and AS+2. 3rd gen Morgan can often do so without AS+2 or having a +spd asset. Consider:

Bow Knight!Donnel!Kjelle: 43
Dark Flier!Henry!Cynthia: 46
Sage!Virion!Brady:        45
Bow Knight!Gaius!Noire:   45
Sage!Ricken!Owain         43

... and there are a plethora of other combinations that work too. Nah and Gerome are just about the only ones to whom this doesn't apply. Speed is really only a good asset if you are going for a specific Morgan build that needs to hit 45 speed in an obscure class.

Edited by Meteor

45 base

10 LB

10 Rally

2 tonic

8 pairup with +3 spd class (which is most +spd classes)

---

75 speed to double Anna, that's where my numbers came from. Like you said you'll need more if your pairup partner doesn't give spd, but it's not like every team member needs to hit 75.

Edited by Meteor

+speed helps with early game however it loses its momentum the longer the game goes. Skill is a solid choice but it usually means you stack with a bunch of offensive skills. I would advise strength or magic it helps early and only loses momentum briefly in the mid game.

Right now I'm with this plan for the Apotheosis challenge:

Fem!MU: +Skll, -Lck

Lucina and Morgan: AvatarxChrom

Owain: LissaxRicken (Sage)

Inigo: FrederickxOlivia (Hero)

Brady: Lon'quxMaribelle (Sage)

Kjelle: DonnelxSully (General)

Cynthia: HenryxSumia (Falcon Knight)

Severa: CordeliaxStahl (Hero)

Gerome: KellamxCherche (Wyvern Lord)

Yarne: VirionxPanne (Wyvern Lord)

Laurent: GregorxMiriel (Sorcerer)

Noire: GaiusxTharja (Sniper)

Nah: VaikexNowi (Wyvern Lord)

Right now I'm with this plan for the Apotheosis challenge:

Fem!MU: +Skll, -Lck

Lucina and Morgan: AvatarxChrom

Owain: LissaxRicken (Sage)

Inigo: FrederickxOlivia (Hero)

Brady: Lon'quxMaribelle (Sage)

Kjelle: DonnelxSully (General)

Cynthia: HenryxSumia (Falcon Knight)

Severa: CordeliaxStahl (Hero)

Gerome: KellamxCherche (Wyvern Lord)

Yarne: VirionxPanne (Wyvern Lord)

Laurent: GregorxMiriel (Sorcerer)

Noire: GaiusxTharja (Sniper)

Nah: VaikexNowi (Wyvern Lord)

Errrr... Why did you go +Skill??

Edited by Levant Fortner

Errrr... Why did you go +Skill??

Don't really like investing on Def or Res, not my strong suit. I don't want to invest on Str or Mag so it won't lack in the future, I intend to make my Avatar a Grandmaster, but I'm not so sure anymore. So between Skill and Luck...Asset and Flaw.