Making a Dedenne

AssassinSevera

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped commenting here I was ashamed about jumping on the bandwagon. Especially since I took the time to think that I want to use some pokemon that aren't top tier either. (Arguably, Metagross is way better on paper than Dedenne, but he's just as outclassed by things like Scizor especially with the nerf he received this gen)

And people commented in this thread because they want to justify their choice of using the top meta pokemon instead of the one they like

Now I'm more curious to see if the Dedenne thing actually worked in battle.

Edited by LuxSpes

I stopped commenting here I was ashamed about jumping on the bandwagon. Especially since I took the time to think that I want to use some pokemon that aren't top tier either. (Arguably, Metagross is way better on paper than Dedenne, but he's just as outclassed by things like Scizor especially with the nerf he received this gen)

And people commented in this thread because they want to justify their choice of using the top meta pokemon instead of the one they like

Now I'm more curious to see if the Dedenne thing actually worked in battle.

>Metagross is easily OU in Smogon

>it's also one of the most common VGC Pokemon

lol at it being "outclassed" by anything

granted the steel nerf hits it hard, but it's still a solid Pokemon and to pretend like it's not top tier is facetious

Metagross faces 4 Movepool syndrome, buttfucked by Ferrothorn Syndrome, Skarm is laughing syndrome,Too Slow Syndrome, not strong enough syndrome(lets face it 135 with 90 STAB is pretty damn weak), and on top of this "is actually good in VGC so Gamefreak won't even think twice to nerf it" syndrome

Its basically a perfect combination of factor that put it in hopeless zone when it come to singles

Alright, here's my take on this entire thread. If he wants to make a practical or gimmicky set with this weird Pika clone, then so be it. I encourage people to try out new Pokes instead of having a boring (yet very practical) team with an Aegislash and a bunch of pseudo-legends. The argument arises when people try to pass off these gimmicky Pokemon as legitimately practical, when there are many other options that would do that exact job much more efficiently (such as Jolteon).

Metagross isn't bad, maybe something like Agility, Bullet Punch/Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt

Agility + Bullet Punch :Kappa:

Which combination of Evs should i have?

1. 252 hp, 252 speed, 4 sp attack

2. 252 sp attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

3. 252 speed, 156 hp, 100 sp attack

My moveset is Swagger, Charge Beam, Volt Switch, Grass knot, timid nature

If you want to abuse Swagger, run Substitute and maybe Toxic. Always run max speed. Charge Beam and Volt Switch are completely contradictory in the same set.

If you want to abuse Swagger, run Substitute and maybe Toxic. Always run max speed. Charge Beam and Volt Switch are completely contradictory in the same set.

I only wanted to use swagger against foes it might have trouble with, i wont need Toxic/Sub

And yeah, i defeinitely agree Charge Beam + Volt Switch would contradict each other, so thanks for pointing that out. Maybe replace charge beam for T-bolt for the power?

PS: The reason i used Charge Beam was to power up Grass knot, and Volt Switch when hes in danger, so idk about that.

you know there's some serious power creep going on when people are clamoring for metagross to get shift gear

PS: The reason i used Charge Beam was to power up Grass knot, and Volt Switch when hes in danger, so idk about that.

tactical genius here, using a 50 BP STAB to power up a coverage move

Edited by dondon151

First, the dashed remark was a joke

Metagross has a very awkward movepool.

Its also too fast for Trick Room.

Still OU though.

give it shift gear or iron fist goddammit

Just found some thread on smogon about Metagross being good on a Sticky Web team.

I guess I'm just butthurt at seeing my favorite pokemon getting the short end of the stick when compared to the other pseudo-legendary. This gen gave him 1 new resistance and 1 new SE match-up in exchange for 2 weaknesses(which is not a good trade-off in my book since the most hyped fairy types are neutral to steel) and his hidden ability is crap(compare to how godly multiscale is on Dragonite). What is even more ridiculous is when you consider that Tyranitar and Garchomp got Mega Evos.

I think the only pseudo-legendary that got more screwed than Metagross is Hydreigon, gaining a 4x weakness and having his STABs countered by fairy types with nothing in return.

I think the only pseudo-legendary that got more screwed than Metagross is Hydreigon, gaining a 4x weakness and having his STABs countered by fairy types with nothing in return.

Extremely spammable Dark Pulse would disagree. Ability to hit Steels neutrally is well worth the new hard counters. Also Levitate is amazing when Sticky Web is active on both sides.

He's definitely better off than Salamence at least, who's primary STAB can be walled and still doesn't have any worthwhile Flying STAB.

Life Orb Hydreigon with Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Superpower, and Flash Cannon looks pretty potent on paper. Fighting attacks should be less common with Fairies and Aegislash all over the place, giving Hydreigon less to worry about.

Extremely spammable Dark Pulse would disagree. Ability to hit Steels neutrally is well worth the new hard counters. Also Levitate is amazing when Sticky Web is active on both sides.

He's definitely better off than Salamence at least, who's primary STAB can be walled and still doesn't have any worthwhile Flying STAB.

Oh right

I forgot to consider the Steel nerf/dark buff for Hydreigon. And I guess that Salamence looks pretty sad. (They all need Mega Evos)

The hell is this Metagross discussion doing in a Dedenne topic?

As I despise Dedenne, I'm staying silent on the topic at hand.

you're late to that discussion eclipse! :P:

(it was someone trying to pretend Metagross, a VGC staple, was outclassed)

and hell yeah to the bolded