Why Fire Emblem?

Doom103

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suprised nobody has made a sarcastic comment about the mis-spelling of 'Emblem' in the thread's title. Since nobody else has been, I'm going to be the sarcastic bastard (one is always needed). Right, here goes...

I don't play fire embelm so I don't know what it's like. I do play Fire Emblem though, that is a great series. Is fire embelm similar to Fire Emblem?

^^There we go. I gave it a try. Do I make a good sarcastic bastard?

P.S: I first brought Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword) because of all the high review scores it had, plus Fire Emblem is a Nintendo series and most of which I'm a big fan of. I played Fire Emblem and I fell in love with it. Since then I've never looked back, and I've became a big fan of the series.

WOO! 147th post :D!

Edited by Sir Canas

I'm suprised nobody has made a sarcastic comment about the mis-spelling of 'Emblem' in the thread's title. Since nobody else has been, I'm going to be the sarcastic bastard (one is always needed). Right, here goes...

I don't play fire embelm so I don't know what it's like. I do play Fire Emblem though, that is a great series. Is fire embelm similar to Fire Emblem?

^^There we go. I gave it a try. Do I make a good sarcastic bastard?

P.S: I first brought Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword) because of all the high review scores it had, plus Fire Emblem is a Nintendo series and most of which I'm a big fan of. I played Fire Emblem and I fell in love with it. Since then I've never looked back, and I've became a big fan of the series.

WOO! 147th post :D!

You buy games because of retarded game reviewers? I've distrusted the gaming media since RD got a 70% average.

You buy games because of retarded game reviewers? I've distrusted the gaming media since RD got a 70% average.

Then you haven't been distrusting them for too long. I, for the most part, do trust them. Movie reviewers are the ones I don't trust.

Then you haven't been distrusting them for too long. I, for the most part, do trust them. Movie reviewers are the ones I don't trust.

Reviews in general fail imo. I just go with my own intuition or listen to friends if I wanted to check something out. Because with friends, you actually know what they're into, whereas you really don't know how a reviewer is biased.

No, because a game is more difficult to grade on a long scale. While GTA4 was a good game, it certainly didn't "deserve" its score, at least not over SSBB. This isn't just pure Nintendo fanboyism speaking, but most people will agree that SSBB in the long run is worth it more than GTA. GTA4 only got such a high score because of it's presentation. Once you've had a month, or maybe even a week of that, it gets boring. Game reviewers only get maybe half a week to complete an early copy of a game. So really, they should need even more time if they truly want to score a game. Replayability is definitely the most important part. While it's nice that they can separate Wii Crapware, honestly, any serious gamers could do that themselves. Not to mention the RD reviews are so wrong.

No, because a game is more difficult to grade on a long scale. While GTA4 was a good game, it certainly didn't "deserve" its score, at least not over SSBB. This isn't just pure Nintendo fanboyism speaking, but most people will agree that SSBB in the long run is worth it more than GTA. GTA4 only got such a high score because of it's presentation. Once you've had a month, or maybe even a week of that, it gets boring. Game reviewers only get maybe half a week to complete an early copy of a game. So really, they should need even more time if they truly want to score a game. Replayability is definitely the most important part. While it's nice that they can separate Wii Crapware, honestly, any serious gamers could do that themselves. Not to mention the RD reviews are so wrong.

I agree on the RD part fully, but I've often seen reviewers be pretty accurate. In truth, most games you play will only be played for about a month, if it's fun. It may not have a lasting effect, but it can still be an amazing game. I don't reviewers to be right on target; I get a general view of it, such as "bad," "ok," or "good." The games that get less than 50% scores are almost always bad, 50%-70% are usually worth a rent/used buy, 70%-100% are usually pretty good.

Now remeber reviews are biased to their opinion and the fact that they have to rush through a game in order to get things done seeming as they have to review (how many) games a month or so

Needs more pillaging, to be frank.

I more or less play Fire Emblem for the stories, which is part of why Holy War's my favorite. 4-people army manipulation is fun, too.

I think the questin is"Why not Fire Embelm?" I got into this game since I was 9. I had to pick out a used game and "Fire Emblem" sounded coolest. I wasn't happy until I actually played it, I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FEFL

Well to answer the topics question, I'll give my usual answer of:

"Why not?"

It appeals to me because of story. It's always doing something new in each level. And there's enough characters in it so you can replay it numerous times and try different combinations. It's actually FUN and CREATIVE which most games nowadays lack almost to a point where they're competing agaisnt eachother to see who can be the biggest let-down.

It keeps me interested, and I'd rather play a game I enjoy 50 times, then 50 games I hate one time. I usually don't get bored with games easily, and if I do I try to spice things up a bit. Like, doing a themed runthrough. Or trying out new characters.

I hated strategy until I played Fire Emblem. It just brought me in. Plus, it has the story quality of a novel, and it pulls it off succesfully but not in a way that you have to read it. I also like raising characters, like in Pokemon.

That sums it up pretty well. I like the music, too. It was actually my cousin that got me started on it because he let me borrow FE7. It's been like 5 years since then and I still can't get enough. Although I must say, when I first heard PoR was on the Gamecube, I was heartbroken because I didn't have a gamecube, I stopped playing for a while because I didn't want to buy a GC just for that game.

Thank goodness for the Wii's backwards compatibility.

The console games just added more to the already awesome series.

I think the questin is"Why not Fire Embelm?" I got into this game since I was 9. I had to pick out a used game and "Fire Emblem" sounded coolest. I wasn't happy until I actually played it, I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix'd you did it wrong you forgot to put the / in the last one like this [/s]

unfortunatly, I have to say I was following the fad of supersmash bros melee and I really wanted roy (who I found out wasn't in FE7) but I ended up loving the series almost as much as I do Loz.

Another thing I really like about Fire Emblem is how the designs aren't exaggerated like most other RPGs. They're pretty normal (and functional, I might add) compared to other RPGs.

Like, Zelgius' armour is quite big, but if he was in another RPG, he'd have 20 tons more armour.

I started playing Fire Emblem because of Roy in Smash Bros. He was my favorite character and I knew that the game he came from was an RPG/Strat/Tactics game, which I enjoy playing.

But I'm a huge fan of expansive, RPG games like these. Getting tons of characters, managing items, training and etc. are just stuff I eat up. But it's also got a good storyline to go with each game so it's like reading a book except that you're gaming.

The thing that hooked me on Fire Emblem was a combination of character development, strategic gameplay, beautiful music, and cool sprites. I'm a really visual person, so it was a great experience to play the games.

FE made me actually CARE about the characters...and that's basically why I like FE so much.