Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (And past Yu-Gi-Oh! Series)

Anacybele

Thread lacks a distinct amount of JP Jack Atlas. Yes, I know I'm not the resident weeb of SF, but JP Jack Atlas is a badass.

Oh, and Clear Mind. Can't get enough of Clear Mind either.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I think Jack is a cool guy. ^^ His Red Dragon Archfiend is badass too! I also like his accent. It's Australian, I think? (in the dub, I mean)

Also, going back to the whole abilities thing, each protagonist does possess a special power.

Yugi: The powers of his Millennium Puzzle

Jaden: Communicating with duel spirits and the power of the Supreme King (because he's the reincarnation)

Yusei: The full power of the Crimson Dragon (as well as his mark of said dragon) and possession of one of the original five dragons that stopped a great evil (5D's stands for Five Dragons, after all)

Yuma: The power of Zexal and the Zexal weapon cards

I like how each is somewhat similar, yet very different at the same time. All of their powers benefit their dueling skills, but in a totally different way. It's so cool! Although, in Yusei's case, his friends also possess similar abilities, but I don't think theirs is as strong as his. He seems to be the "leader" since he bears the dragon head mark (starting episode 64 or something like that) and he most often gains the complete Crimson Dragon emblem on his back.

Oh, I think Jack is a cool guy. ^^ His Red Dragon Archfiend is badass too! I also like his accent. It's Australian, I think? (in the dub, I mean)

Sounds like he's voiced by Bakura's dub voice. Just like Yusei is Tristan's dub voice.

Also I know it's Red Dragon Archfiend, but I always remember it as RED DEMONS DRAGON!

"The ruler's heartbeat, will now file through here! Take witness to its creation-shaking power! Synchro Summon! My very soul, Red Demon's Dragon!"

And then there's the OST. My goodness the original OST versus the junk 4crap used...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NORdH1jGl7k

So fitting for Kalin Kessler/Kiryu Kyosuke

Edited by NoNameAtAll

But I liked Hyper Drive a lot. :( (the opening theme for the 5D's dub)

Goin' fast

Makes me feel alive

My heart beats

In hyper drive

Do you think you can win?

Only if I lose, just let destiny choose!

I can hear you breathin'

I can see you comin'

I can feel the wind

It's blowin' me around

Take a shot at me goin' side by side

It's a blur

As I go by

I can hear you breathin'

I can see you comin'

I can feel the wind

It's blowin' me around

See the sun arisin'

Fire in the sky

Greatness thrust itself

Into our lives

:D

But I liked Hyper Drive a lot. :( (the opening theme for the 5D's dub)

Goin' fast

Makes me feel alive

My heart beats

In hyper drive

Do you think you can win?

Only if I lose, just let destiny choose!

I can hear you breathin'

I can see you comin'

I can feel the wind

It's blowin' me around

Take a shot at me goin' side by side

It's a blur

As I go by

I can hear you breathin'

I can see you comin'

I can feel the wind

It's blowin' me around

See the sun arisin'

Fire in the sky

Greatness thrust itself

Into our lives

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10_OtMd75A

You miss out on the coolest stuff in the dub. Also the music for when Jack first summons Majestic Red Dragon/Savior Demons Dragon to ultimately save Carly from the Dark Signers...just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGX9SPO1reU

(The original scene for reference)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsfx6i_yu-gi-oh-5d-s-59_shortfilms&start=870

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Blaziken Fudo is the best

He can Sky Uppercut and High Jump Kick

I used to watch the show, but I stopped and I moved on to CFG

Anyone here read YGO R and the YGO Manga?

I'm surprised at the amount of changes in the anime(the Pharaoh Duel being notable), such as Tristan not having Gagagigo lol

Maybe to you, but I tend to not care for Japanese voices or music (except what's in Nintendo games). Sorry, but that's just how I am.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe to you, but I tend to not care for Japanese voices or music (except what's in Nintendo games). Sorry, but that's just how I am.

If you say so. I just found the dub completely lacking in character and it was quite juvenile. Did you even see the dailymotion link? Sure it was only subbed and in Japanese, but the emotion conveyed was far more powerful than anything in the dub.

Considering I myself am among one of the most immature people around, that's quite a statement. I'm not even weebing out really. I just found the 5Ds Japan version vastly superior to the really abysmal 4kids dub. Not even "So bad it's good". Just bad.

Maybe my standards for dubs are too high though. G Gundam spoiled me after all, where the dub is amazing thanks to the likes of Mark Gatha.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I think Jap!Yusei and Jack is better, the Us Yusei is awkward

Although on the flipside, Yugioh is perhaps the best example of having a good dub, and I don't think I need to say why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y5fBCc2h9I

THAT YUSEI

SEXY DID NOT EVEN BEGAN TO DESCRIBE IT

If you say so. I just found the dub completely lacking in character and it was quite juvenile. Did you even see the dailymotion link? Sure it was only subbed and in Japanese, but the emotion conveyed was far more powerful than anything in the dub.

Considering I myself am among one of the most immature people around, that's quite a statement. I'm not even weebing out really. I just found the 5Ds Japan version vastly superior to the really abysmal 4kids dub. Not even "So bad it's good". Just bad.

Maybe my standards for dubs are too high though. G Gundam spoiled me after all, where the dub is amazing thanks to the likes of Mark Gatha.

I've seen some Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh, namely season zero, but I could barely stand some of the voices. Yugi's was especially awful. He sounded like a freaking five year old instead of the teenager we get in the later series' dub. Yami's was the only decent voice from what I remember.

And possibly. I myself don't have high expectations and am not hard to please. xP

Because no one would understand the Japanese lyrics? :/

Anyway, the next new episode of Zexal! Yep, there was definitely a big twist alright.

I had suspected that Ray was really a Barian. Yuma having to use that Barian card surprised me though. It gave Utopia a pretty kickass makeover too! But I can't say the same for Giant Hand . That Giant Red Hand was just freaky. xP

Poor Astral though, he's still in a lot of pain. :( He'll be up and rolling again soon enough though. The sneak peek of the next episode shows him helping Yuma out in a duel again. Can't wait. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Because no one would understand the Japanese lyrics? :/

That didn't stop G-Gundam~

(Outside of Toonami. I recall them cutting the intro due to time, but when it was on that Saturday Entertainment System thing, they had "Flying in the Sky" as the opening)

Also subtitles could help. Face it, Hyper Drive has nothing on the likes of Last Train New Morning.

But seeing as you'd prefer to be all "Murika Fuck Yeah", here you go.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I thought you said the Japanese Intro was going to be good. I'm an advocate for Engrisu and Waponese and I really find this to be pretty lame.

I thought you said the Japanese Intro was going to be good. I'm an advocate for Engrisu and Waponese and I really find this to be pretty lame.

Seeing as you didn't bother to look at my prior posts, I'll save you the effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10_OtMd75A

I linked to this earlier, but meh.