Wow, shinies are too common in X and Y.

Serebii has updated their Shiny Pokémon mechanics page.

Apparently, there's a 1 in 4,096 of a shiny Pokémon appearing normally.

Down by 50%.

Same with MM-ing.

Now there's a 1 in 682.65 chance of getting a shiny when you MM.

Seriously.

What the heck?

I suddenly feel like my shiny Clauncher, Zubat, and Goomy aren't so special.

(Okay, so I was still lucky to get three shinies, but... but...)

*goes off to MM for a shiny Honedge and Gastly*

You clauncher isn't worth anything, because of the fisging chain, but the other shinies are still worth something. 1/4000 and 1/600 is still a lot.

Zubat... I've encountered hundreds (possibly thousands) of Pokémon as it is, EV training with hordes. I was bound luck out sooner or later.

And my Goomy was Goomy 121.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

My shiny aggron still fills special to me.

In fact, I'm quite happy that they're more 'common'(1/4000 still isn't that common). I personally never had seen a wild shiny despite spending hours upon hours playing pokemon since Gen 3(played the first 2 gens on emulator). This gen gave me 2 shinies and they feel special anyway.

Considering that I've been playing this game for over 200 hours without a single shiny sighting, I'd say they're still pretty rare. Or maybe I'm just unlucky; wouldn't immediately rule that out...

Edited by Silver Lightning

At my school i am part of a group of kids that is always playing x and y(we're almost a pokemon gang). 4 of us(including me) have not seen a shiny in this game. two of us have found 2 shinys, one of us has only found 1, and one of us, get this, has 4. wut?

also, to whoever asked, MM stands for Masuda Method, where putting a pokemon in the daycare with a foreign pokemon increases the chances of the egg being shiny.

Famous last words

No, those are just me ranting about my inability to catch a shiny. THESE are famous last words: “You cannot win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars

I found 1 fucking shiny in my thousands of hours that I've put into pokemon. Fuck the shiny rate, it should be lower.

On another note, I did feel really special when I found it.

Edited by Rah