Fe7 Text question

Pack yak

Hi, sorry to bother you guys again (hoping there is no thread to post this in)

So I'm attempting to edit text on a custom made chapter using FEditor Adv. and the game keeps crashing.

I looked up guides, tutorials, videos, etc. and the only video that referenced it didn't explain how to solve it.

The game would crash with the audio getting distorted and I would go back from the editor to notepad clueless.

Notepad commands:

Turn2:
LOU1 Reinforcements
ENUN
Tex1 0x0800
REMA
ENDA

If more info. is needed I will edit.

Thank you for any advice/help.

Have you used FEditor? If you haven't, go download it, open up your ROM, and play around with the text editor. ZZ is your current index, and inserting the text is pretty straightforward, you just have to look at what the game does and imitate it. Alternatively you can consult one of the docs that comes with FEditor for all the text commands.

there is also a natural script formatter to gasp turn natural script into the garbage fire emblem uses but i am sick and also not going to explain it

Honestly, most of the time doing it by hand is so much easier...

there is also a natural script formatter to gasp turn natural script into the garbage fire emblem uses but i am sick and also not going to explain it

Could you link this?

It would be interesting to try out...

That's not a problem with the batch files. Java was not installed correctly and did not update your "PATH" environment variable to point to the JRE.

This is probably not your fault. I am pretty usre Java has stopped installing in this way a while ago, which causes all kinds of issues for various end users. It's a bunch of crap and the only thing you can really do about it is learn to update the relevant environment variable yourself or modify the batch scripts to directly reference the java.exe program.

Edited by Aleph