PersonaQ for the 3DS

pinkbubblegum

I think quite a few people have seen the trailer already, but there's a new Persona game to be coming out for the 3DS! (Click the image to be brought to the trailer)

BZ1OiekCUAA2fGR.jpg

It'll be a crossover game featuring a cast of characters from both the Persona 3 and Persona 4 games.

From the talk I've seen, people are saying that Atlus wants it to be an Etrian Odyssey-styled dungeon crawler (Which is why they appended the Q to the name, similar to how Etrian Odyssey uses SQ, as well as shifted to a... completely different art style. Plus the director's Kaneda Daisuke, same one that directed Etrian Odyssey IV)

If so, sounds like it'd be an interesting experience...?

Edit:

Famitsu article

Edit2:

Article summary

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Interesting.

I'm curious as to how Minato and Shinjiro are in the game though.

~Tiiime paradox~

Despite the two games being x years apart, the P3 cast (at the point where Shinjiro is still alive) is brought over to P4 timeline.

[Rumor] Apparently the game's going to be canon? I'm partially expecting a memory wipe at the end (again) if so xD;

Spin-off, very... most assuredly a spin off

Well yeah. But that's not a bad thing in of itself. Looks like it'll be fun? Hopefully!

If we really want to talk about how much SEGA's milking the franchise, there's always Persona 4: Dancing All Night. I'm not all too sure how to feel about it haha. But it has undeniably pretty music + the expertise of Project Diva crew working on it so...?

I approve of the Shinjiro hype! Yes!

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Oh look, a trailer!

I'm excited, man. A Persona 3 + Persona 4 crossover on 3DS. This alongside Persona 4 Ultimax and Persona 5...next year is going to be a GOOD year!

Do you know about Yasogami High's 7 wonders?

"If you listen until the clocktower's last chimes...you'll die."

The Persona series' newest entry on the 3DS!

"What?"

"The ringing of the bell?"

"The ringing of the bell's still undecided, eh?"

"A clocktower standing in the center of campus?"

"A clocktower, you say...what kind of a wonder is that?!"

Persona users from two times

Shall battle those called by the sleeping bell

This is the untold story of the night of the storm

"That is the Labyrinth"

"Those clothes...You're a student from Gekkoukan, aren't you?"

"Wh...what's that?"

That's what I got out of it. Seems like it's not an alternate timeline so much as an event where they're pulled from their respective timelines to fight.

From the talk I've seen, people are saying that Atlus wants it to be an Etrian Odyssey-styled dungeon crawler (Which is why they appended the Q to the name, similar to how Etrian Odyssey uses SQ, as well as shifted to a... completely different art style. Plus the director's Kaneda Daisuke, same one that directed Etrian Odyssey IV)

I'm interested if that's true. Because I love Etrian Odyssey and all.

From Seikaiju no Meikyuu, right? That's kind of clever, and I'm glad you explained the EO connection or I would have been lost. Definitely going to start reading up on this, maybe actually play a Persona game or two in advance.

Edited by Balcerzak

But Sony fanboys get P5 on the PS3 and DANCING ALL NIGHT on the Vita! Who can argue with the quality of that?!

I'm sorry but I'm still in tears from that Dancing All Night trailer I can't believe this is a real thing