Is Tales of Vesperia worth..

Jedi

Playing it completely in Japanese? I have little to no Japanese knowledge but I don't see myself getting an Xbox 360..

Only way I can play it is the Japanese PS3 ver. But I'd probably need to follow a guide and such to even get anything out of it.

http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/

Have a PS3 guide.

What I used before I was decent in Japanese.

Vesperia PS3 is worth it... at least it was for me despite not being that good at Japanese at the time.

Thanks, and I will definetly consider it. I've heard nothing but praise for this game and getting some small exposure to it via Project X Zone and seeing [in Vesperia] that Kratos [my favorite Tales character] is in it as a bonus boss is pretty tempting haha.

PS3 port is ultimately better (so sad that its Japanese only), but if you ever do want to play it in English (I really liked the English voices), the 360 isn't that bad in the way of good games. Granted I have the least amount of games for it compared to my other systems, but considering I had originally only bought it to play Vesperia, I ended up being able to play the amazing Eternal Sonata and a fair few other games as a result (though admittedly there is a better PS3 port out for that game as well, now that I think of it >_<). Just a thought, at least.

PS3 port is ultimately better (so sad that its Japanese only), but if you ever do want to play it in English (I really liked the English voices), the 360 isn't that bad in the way of good games. Granted I have the least amount of games for it compared to my other systems, but considering I had originally only bought it to play Vesperia, I ended up being able to play the amazing Eternal Sonata and a fair few other games as a result (though admittedly there is a better PS3 port out for that game as well, now that I think of it >_<). Just a thought, at least.

I know the 360 has great games but I already have a PS3 and Wii and I just want to get a Wii U and PS4 so I can't really focus on one ^^.

I know the 360 has great games but I already have a PS3 and Wii and I just want to get a Wii U and PS4 so I can't really focus on one ^^.

Yeah, that does make sense. I was just a dedicated enough Tales nerd to buy a whole new system for Vesperia; figured I'd get some other games for it as a bonus, and I did. XD

By the time I save up enough for a Wii U and PS4, it'll be time for next gen consoles. XP

Yeah, that does make sense. I was just a dedicated enough Tales nerd to buy a whole new system for Vesperia; figured I'd get some other games for it as a bonus, and I did. XD

By the time I save up enough for a Wii U and PS4, it'll be time for next gen consoles. XP

Haha, well I can't blame you considering the main reason I got a PSP in the first place was Dissidia [although I did like the PSP's library]

Speaking of which isn't there a Tales game on the PSP as well? Also I heard Yuri in terms of combo potential is even more ridculous then Lloyd or Guy

Speaking of which isn't there a Tales game on the PSP as well? Also I heard Yuri in terms of combo potential is even more ridculous then Lloyd or Guy

Overlimit removes all combo chain restrictions, such as how many standard hits you can do, or which artes chain into which others.

And Yuri has an ability that puts him in all the overlimit levels from simply having a certain number of hits in the combo.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Haha, well I can't blame you considering the main reason I got a PSP in the first place was Dissidia [although I did like the PSP's library]

>_>

<_<

.....The only localized Tales game on the PSP, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, is actually the main reason I first got a PSP as well......I am such a Tales dork... >_<

Overlimit removes all combo chain restrictions, such as how many standard hits you can do, or which artes chain into which others.

And Yuri has an ability that puts him in all the overlimit levels from simply having a certain number of hits in the combo.

Holy crap thats insane. Also I would like to know what the PS3 ver has that the 360 one didn't.

>_>

<_<

.....The only localized Tales game on the PSP, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, is actually the main reason I first got a PSP as well......I am such a Tales dork... >_<

Radiant Mythology! I have heard of it, don't you get a custom character in it?

Holy crap thats insane. Also I would like to know what the PS3 ver has that the 360 one didn't.

Radiant Mythology! I have heard of it, don't you get a custom character in it?

Only thing I know for sure is that PS3 gives you two extra party members (so jealous).

And yeah, sorta like FE13, you get your own avatar/self insert character that interacts with all the other Tales characters in the game (in an alternate world setting, so we don't have clashing storylines). I found it ridiculously fun, especially choosing your class and having fun times with the characters; I just wish we got the japan only Radiant Mythology 2 and 3. They had even more classes and characters.

Only thing I know for sure is that PS3 gives you two extra party members (so jealous).

And yeah, sorta like FE13, you get your own avatar/self insert character that interacts with all the other Tales characters in the game (in an alternate world setting, so we don't have clashing storylines). I found it ridiculously fun, especially choosing your class and having fun times with the characters; I just wish we got the japan only Radiant Mythology 2 and 3. They had even more classes and characters.

2 extra party members eh? That Guy lookalike I'm guessing is one of them Flynn was his name I think? I remember hearing people were pissed he wasn't a party member in the 360 ver

Also what kind of fighting styles do you get in Radiant Mythology? Also interesting story concept I'd imagine, I remember hearing they redid Luke's whole jerkitude deal because of it, when I did hear of it long ago

I wish I could understand Japanese otherwise I would definitely get the PS3 version I could use a guide but I think it would frustrate me too much T_T , So I will be getting an Xbox 360 just for Vesperia,

I wish there was other games that interested me on the Xbox though... I got my PsP originally for Crisis core luckily there was other games on the PsP that interested me as well though. By the way, how good is radiant mythology 1, for those that have played it?

2 extra party members eh? That Guy lookalike I'm guessing is one of them Flynn was his name I think? I remember hearing people were pissed he wasn't a party member in the 360 ver

Also what kind of fighting styles do you get in Radiant Mythology? Also interesting story concept I'd imagine, I remember hearing they redid Luke's whole jerkitude deal because of it, when I did hear of it long ago

Yeah, Flynn was one and the other is a completely new add-on character that wasn't present at all in the 360; some little pirate girl named Patty.

As for Radiant Mythology classes, you start out with being able to pick from 4 classes (Warrior, Priest, Mage, and Thief), then as the game progresses and you do lots of quests with the Tales protagonists, you earn the right to class change to their advanced classes; I remember there being Swordsman, Magic Knight, Hunter, Fighter, Ninja, Bishop.....I think that's all.

And yeah, story is basically everyone came from a different home game world but somehow found themselves in the AU world of Terresia and since it's under attack by an alien force trying to consume the world, they fight alongside you, the world guardian, to protect it. For instance, Luke and Tear are in the game, and they basically landed in Terresia after the hyper resonance incident in the Fabre Manor, instead of landing in Tattaroo Valley. So he was still basically the jerk from the beginning and Tear was trying to help him while being lost and confused in another world herself. Funny things like that.

I wish I could understand Japanese otherwise I would definitely get the PS3 version I could use a guide but I think it would frustrate me too much T_T , So I will be getting an Xbox 360 just for Vesperia,

I wish there was other games that interested me on the Xbox though... I got my PsP originally for Crisis core luckily there was other games on the PsP that interested me as well though. By the way, how good is radiant mythology 1, for those that have played it?

Like I mentioned before, I highly, highly recommend Eternal Sonata if you're getting either 360 or PS3 (though like the Vesperia port, you get two extra party members in that game's PS3 port as well). Gorgeous piece of work, that game; a complete love letter to music and Chopin enthusiasts. So many feels... T_T

And I really enjoyed playing Radiant Mythology; ultimately, it can't stand up to a main Tales title, but as a spinoff game for fans, it was fun. I loved all of the throwbacks and references made for characters both in and absent from the game, not to mention just seeing my favorite Tales characters interacting with my self insert and each other; made for some pretty funny and thoughtful conversations. Definitely worth a buy if you are a Tales fan overall.

Holy crap thats insane.

Tip of the iceberg. He has a skill that knocks overlimit level cost down by 1. You only need to use 3 meter to get Overlimit Level 4.

PS3 version also has a skill that if you do a burst arte (consider it a pseudo mystic arte), even if your overlimit meter runs out, it won't until the combo is finished... so you can hold circle to go STRAIGHT into the mystic arte even if your overlimit meter ran out already.

Also mystic arte hits counts for the overlimit skill combo counter. And if you hit more than 1 enemy with it, both hits count.

His first mystic arte does at least 16 hits by default. As in when you use up the Overlimit when you activate the mystic arte, if you hit at least 2 enemies with it while you have a 30 hit combo going, you get Overlimit Level 3... AGAIN at the end of the mystic arte.

He also has a skill that can ADD hits by spamming circle while he's hitting them in the mystic arte.

Get 3 enemies in and you're nearly guaranteed to get Overlimit Level 4.

If that weren't enough, Yuri has 3 skills (doesn't work for level 4) that allow party members to get half meter overlimit of the same overlimit he's in. As in you can have ALL 4 PARTY MEMBERS IN LEVEL 4 INVINCIBLE OVERLIMIT by having them stand next to Yuri while he's going into Overlimit.

I would like to know what the PS3 ver has that the 360 one didn't.

Two characters. Flynn and Patty. Every one of the characters get a second mystic arte as well. More costumes in general. Repede also gets costumes.

More artes obviously. Particularly cameo character artes. And the Team Arena (which doesn't exist in the 360 version... only solo arena gauntlet) option. Also another EX Dungeon with the most BS boss in the series... It's not a perk... that boss is just boring.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Like I mentioned before, I highly, highly recommend Eternal Sonata if you're getting either 360 or PS3 (though like the Vesperia port, you get two extra party members in that game's PS3 port as well). Gorgeous piece of work, that game; a complete love letter to music and Chopin enthusiasts. So many feels... T_T

And I really enjoyed playing Radiant Mythology; ultimately, it can't stand up to a main Tales title, but as a spinoff game for fans, it was fun. I loved all of the throwbacks and references made for characters both in and absent from the game, not to mention just seeing my favorite Tales characters interacting with my self insert and each other; made for some pretty funny and thoughtful conversations. Definitely worth a buy if you are a Tales fan overall.

I actually have Eternal Sonata on the Ps3 but haven't ever played it yet (As much as I want to I need to get my own Ps3 that's not my brothers :<)

And awesome, I am definitely a huge tales fan so I will see about getting that game soon, I just wish they localized the other 2 now that would of been truly awesome.. Another reason to learn Japanese XD

Tip of the iceberg. He has a skill that knocks overlimit level cost down by 1. You only need to use 3 meter to get Overlimit Level 4.

PS3 version also has a skill that if you do a burst arte (consider it a pseudo mystic arte), even if your overlimit meter runs out, it won't until the combo is finished... so you can hold circle to go STRAIGHT into the mystic arte even if your overlimit meter ran out already.

Also mystic arte hits counts for the overlimit skill combo counter. And if you hit more than 1 enemy with it, both hits count.

His first mystic arte does at least 16 hits by default. As in when you use up the Overlimit when you activate the mystic arte, if you hit at least 2 enemies with it while you have a 30 hit combo going, you get Overlimit Level 3... AGAIN at the end of the mystic arte.

He also has a skill that can ADD hits by spamming circle while he's hitting them in the mystic arte.

Get 3 enemies in and you're nearly guaranteed to get Overlimit Level 4.

If that weren't enough, Yuri has 3 skills (doesn't work for level 4) that allow party members to get half meter overlimit of the same overlimit he's in. As in you can have ALL 4 PARTY MEMBERS IN LEVEL 4 INVINCIBLE OVERLIMIT by having them stand next to Yuri while he's going into Overlimit.

Two characters. Flynn and Patty. Every one of the characters get a second mystic arte as well. More costumes in general. Repede also gets costumes.

More artes obviously. Particularly cameo character artes. And the Team Arena (which doesn't exist in the 360 version... only solo arena gauntlet) option. Also another EX Dungeon with the most BS boss in the series... It's not a perk... that boss is just boring.

Damn Yuri is badass hahaha, also I heard Yuri gets an Asch costume in the PS3 ver lol

Yuri <3

Yeah, it's definetely worth it. I loved the game a lot.

That settles it, I'll grab it sometime. Just the shipping cost is gonna be HORRIBLE

i'm pretty sure the only things it has over the english version is Patty, Flynn and some scenes but I really don't feel like I miss them when I play the english version

Apprently it also has extra costumes [Like Asch for Yuri and Luke for Flynn] and more mystic artes as well