Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

Thanks for the suggestion, Rothene. :) I'll see what I can do.

And Shelie, I'm totally loving Agnés. She's so pure, beautiful and kind... my favorite type of character indeed. That playboy japanese downloadable outfit is a desacration. I'm glad it isn't available here. I'm totally talking like a raging fanboy but whatever

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 5 spoilers.

Ah, I should have seen that coming; the signs were all there (Ringabel, the Angel from DeRosso's story).

Also the secret of D's notebook was a bit obvious once you gave it a read. Although I imagine there's more to it than that...

I sure hope the bringer of evil isn't who I think it is don't answer this one!.

BTW, can I fight DeRosso again? X D

EDIT

Ringabel and Edea are definitely my faves, because of their awesome dialogue.

Yulyana's funny too and... (Chapter 4 spoilers)

he's Athos.

Also, kind of feel bad for Alternis.

Edited by VincentASM

@Alfred, Yeah haha I know what you mean, like the dlc outfit for Ringabel... He is hardly wearing any clothes o_o.. I want some awesome dlc costumes not half naked characters >_> .. Dang it my 3ds wont let me read any spoiler tags at the moment, I can't wait till my laptop is fixed hopefully in a few days.. Then I can finally quote & make spoiler tags myself XD oh and edit my posts...

White wind is crazy with enough set up(Thundaja get, but, skill feels useless compared to just hitting things normally now). Magic not important anymore(except Esunaga) ;~;

Fireball is absolutely crazy too. Well, all the genome are absolutely amazing. Hell, Vampire itself is amazing. Absorb stats is so good it's ridiculous, and it works 100% of the time aginst every ennemies. Spamming it was how I ended up beating the Final Boss

I love Ringabel and Edea, obviously. they have some of the best dialogue of the game.

And the more you learn about Ringabel, the more awesome you see he really is.

Yulyana is a pretty cool old man, too. And he's the one who gave away themost important lesson of the game.

"Have the courage to act and think by yourself. And have the courage to disobey."

I also like Lord DeRosso, he realliy is good at creating drama,and is also pretty deadpan.

I also have a soft spot for Konoe Kikiyo and Holly Whyte.

That scene with the two in chapter 8.

It really was hearthwarming.

Oh, and Mephilia, too. Her backstory is pretty tragic after all. No wonder she ended up completely messed up.

And Airy too.

I actually like most of the arsterisk bearer (Except Qada who is both annoying to fight and absolutely disgusting, and Heinkel who let me pretty indifferent).

There's a lot of characters with tragic backstory in this game.

And I would like to mention this girl in Eternia who was completely forgotten by edea. We never even got her name.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rothene. :) I'll see what I can do.

And Shelie, I'm totally loving Agnés. She's so pure, beautiful and kind... my favorite type of character indeed. That playboy japanese downloadable outfit is a desacration. I'm glad it isn't available here. I'm totally talking like a raging fanboy but whatever

That costume is absolutey unacceptable !

I actually think Agnes is at her best when she's pissed off.

She may seems weak and fragile, but she really have a lot of strength inside her. That's what I like the most about her.

And do you also like the pure, beautifull and kind Kikiyo, then ?

Whoops, Chapter 5 stuff.

Forgot to absorb Aqua Regalia from the water boss. Presumably another enemy uses it?

If not, there's always New Game+...

Also had fun grinding 400K pg by spamming Hellfire with the ability that prevents MP usage while at critical HP.

'Course I had to reset if the enemy got first strike.

Chapter 5 spoilers continue...

I found it funny how Praline's the only Eternian asterisk bearer who doesn't die.

Fanservice maybe?

Oh yeah, there is at least another who survives.

Then again, she had the lousiest excuse to be on the battlefield, while everyone else wanted your blood.

EDIT

Chapter 5 is an OCD nightmare.

Edited by VincentASM

Whoops, Chapter 5 stuff.

Forgot to absorb Aqua Regalia from the water boss. Presumably another enemy uses it?

If not, there's always New Game+...

Also had fun grinding 400K pg by spamming Hellfire with the ability that prevents MP usage while at critical HP.

'Course I had to reset if the enemy got first strike.

Chapter 5 spoilers continue...

I found it funny how Praline's the only Eternian asterisk bearer who doesn't die.

Fanservice maybe?

Oh yeah, there is at least another who survives.

Then again, she had the lousiest excuse to be on the battlefield, while everyone else wanted your blood.

EDIT

Chapter 5 is an OCD nightmare.

Well, about the first spoiler...

You know, there's 8 total chapter without the final one, right ?

You'll have other occasion, don't worry about that.

About the second spoiler, now :

Well, Braev doesn't die, even if he can't fight anymore. DeRosso is just a little tired.

And Qada's fate isn't totally clear if you kill Kamiizumi first.

But that really did strike me than Asterisk bearer could survive after being defeated.

So... Welcome to the second part of the game !

Still in chapter 3... Abilinks are awesome! Also summoning my friends made early bosses easy as taking a walk in a park.

This far my favorite characters are Edea and Agnés. Edea because I like this whole "former enemy" setting she has. Agnés for reasons stated by Alfred and Edea the Brave (angry Agnés is the best Agnés). Ringabel is growing on me, although Agnés' change in character after chapter 2's end made be like her a bit less...

Having Airy mention crystals whenever someone asked the party for help they need was more than enough

Most of the asterisk bearers this far have been rather unlikable, although admittedly I haven't really looked into their backgrounds yet.

Kikyuo (based on one scene) and Mephilia were my favorites this far.

The merchant and time mage guys were unacceptable!

Still in chapter 3... Abilinks are awesome! Also summoning my friends made early bosses easy as taking a walk in a park.

This far my favorite characters are Edea and Agnés. Edea because I like this whole "former enemy" setting she has. Agnés for reasons stated by Alfred and Edea the Brave (angry Agnés is the best Agnés). Ringabel is growing on me, although Agnés' change in character after chapter 2's end made be like her a bit less...

Having Airy mention crystals whenever someone asked the party for help they need was more than enough

Most of the asterisk bearers this far have been rather unlikable, although admittedly I haven't really looked into their backgrounds yet.

Kikyuo (based on one scene) and Mephilia were my favorites this far.

The merchant and time mage guys were unacceptable!

The one I hated the most was Victoria. That's what happens when you give a brat too much power.

Anyway just understand Agnès, it's pretty normal she had that change in character. What happened to her was... "unacceptable", indeed. But she'll recover eventually.

Arrived at the Vampire Castle yesterday. I like DeRosso's background honestly. There are a lots of good points to think about, and overall the story is intriguing.

I tried to beat him yesterday but got wiped out. -_- Well, I'm lv.56, in Hard mode... that's more a misson impossible than I thought. But I'll beat him in these conditions. I have to.

The one I hated the most was Victoria. That's what happens when you give a brat too much power.

Anyway just understand Agnès, it's pretty normal she had that change in character. What happened to her was... "unacceptable", indeed. But she'll recover eventually.

Arrived at the Vampire Castle yesterday. I like DeRosso's background honestly. There are a lots of good points to think about, and overall the story is intriguing.

I tried to beat him yesterday but got wiped out. -_- Well, I'm lv.56, in Hard mode... that's more a misson impossible than I thought. But I'll beat him in these conditions. I have to.

Well... About Victoria (and Victor).

I can understand why you'd say that, but their story is just... pathetic. It's a tragedy through and through.

I even think death was actually the best for them. They could never be happy as long as they live.

Victor and Victoria's backstory. Once again, spoilerific so read at your own risk.

She's actulaly not a child. Her body stopped growing after Vincent, Victor's father, used Alchemic Genesis, against his son, and everyone opinion.

That, and her violent crisis as a side effects, also didn't helped her mental stability.

Where she grew up, the Crystal Orthodoxy had a great influence, but they did absolutely nothing to help her and actually chased her.

That also could explains why Braev decided to helps her. He knew full well how llow the Crystal Orthodoxy could go (the great plague was the reason he decided to revolt tm begin with).

And Victoria absolutely hates Edea, because she can't uderstand how she could decide to abandon her perfect life for some stupid reason. Edea's life what everything Victoria dreamed of, but will never be able to have.

All of this also explains why she is so important to him. She's everything he have, and he feels guilty about her father's action.

Edited by Edea the Brave

Actually, completely forgot about her. I'm assuming she has some backstory to justify it to some extent though, so I'm holding off giving her my verdict.

I'm assuming merchant and time mage don't, apparently

I do understand her, it just doesn't change the fact I don't like that change in her. Glad to hear she recovers though =)

Beat the pirate earlier. That was annoying to find...

I'm at chapter 5

Some questions I want answered.

Will I gimp myself in terms of items/gear if I REFUSE to refight the job bosses?! There's some neat stuff I stole but...some of the things they say, I don't want to kill them a second time, I want them to LIVE ;~;

@Edea: Meh, I've read something in the Earth Temple. That's not an excuse to forgive them for what they've done, honestly. I'll always blame Victoria for what she did back then. Always.

In any case, beat the Vampire in Hard mode at lv.56. Took me more than 2 hours I think. The ninja strategy didn't work because he kept spamming that skill that hits all my characters... and he was way faster than me. -_-

The story in the Vampire castle was interesting I've to say, especially the one of the final painting. Yes Ringabel, I'm looking at you.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

@Alfred:

Hey man, remember who was being targeted and who they originally wanted to keep alive but noooo, we just have to get in the way and mix things up. Agnes shoud've totally died, then we get Olivia instead :P:

For those in Chapter 5:

What name changes have you done?! I'm gonna rename all 4, haven't decided to rename them after the 4 Heroes of light or not. XD

Edited by Rothene

@Alfred:

Hey man, remember who was being targeted and who they originally wanted to keep alive but noooo, we just have to get in the way and mix things up. Agnes shoud've totally died, then we get Olivia instead :P:

For those in Chapter 5:

What name changes have you done?! I'm gonna rename all 4, haven't decided to rename them after the 4 Heroes of light or not. XD

About the First Spoiler :

Welll, it have at least happened once already

I'm at chapter 5

Some questions I want answered.

Will I gimp myself in terms of items/gear if I REFUSE to refight the job bosses?! There's some neat stuff I stole but...some of the things they say, I don't want to kill them a second time, I want them to LIVE ;~;

They don't necessary die, actually, most survive on chapter 6 and 7, and all survive in chapter 8.

About the loot : Only Chapter 7's boss have really interresting loot and steal (among them being the Brave Mantle). Chapter 8 only have Elixir and Turbo Ether

@Edea: Meh, I've read something in the Earth Temple. That's not an excuse to forgive them for what they've done, honestly. I'll always blame Victoria for what she did back then. Always.

In any case, beat the Vampire in Hard mode at lv.56. Took me more than 2 hours I think. The ninja strategy didn't work because he kept spamming that skill that hits all my characters... and he was way faster than me. -_-

The story in the Vampire castle was interesting I've to say, especially the one of the final painting. Yes Ringabel, I'm looking at you.

Did they mention the final painting looks pretty familiar ?

Edited by Edea the Brave

After spending like an eternity playing with the demo, I finally managed to get a hard copy of the game.

VincentASm
Shelie
Swiftstrike
Alfred Kamon
Rothene
Silent Zero
Lordofhomer
Edea
Richard
domflo

I added all of you. (sorry if I forgot someone in this thread...) My FC is: Dennis - 0232-8477-8600

Edited by Soulreaper

After spending like an eternity playing with the demo, I finally managed to get a hard copy of the game.

VincentASm

Shelie

Swiftstrike

Alfred Kamon

Rothene

Silent Zero

Lordofhomer

Edea

Richard

domflo

I added all of you. (sorry if I forgot someone in this thread...) My FC is: Dennis - 0232-8477-8600

Added you back!

Yay I finally rebuilded the village completly :D It was even faster than I had expected, after seeing so many 99 hour tasks.

[spoiler=that ch.4 sideqst eh..]Wow those chapter 4 sidequest keystone bosses are really hard >.< I tried every single one of them, and all of them wiped me out in few turns.. i guess i should grab a few levels then, since i'm only at 50 right now. ( this is what you get for turning off the encounters most of the time, i guess..)

also added you back

Chapter 5 is a huge mindfuck.

Basically an in-game New Game+.

In any case... uh, I kind of feel bad to kill them now.

The first time there was some reason behind that, now I just feel like I don't belong to this world anymore...

Also, the bosses had some huge increase in their stats. I barely manage to do 7000 of damage while I always did 9999 in chapter 3.

I might also be a bit underlevelled, being at lv.57 on chapter 5...

Also, Edea, how come your Fireball does that much damage?

Mine is terrible and never goes over 600-700 damage.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I suspect you're using it from a Matk specced character. Try a physical oriented person.

Ninja with 2 absorb P.ATK at level 99. Makes an attack of 500+.

Oh, I'll modify my prevous post about Genome to add Spray, obtained by the Fish Monsters in the water near Ancheim. Sorry for the miss.

Near the end of Chapter 6.

Oh man, Chapter 6 was a bit of a drag, especially since it was a repeat of Chapter 5, which was a repeat of, you know what.

However the Conjuror sidequest was awesome.

Also, Obliterate and Growth Egg, ahahaha.