Any Bravely Default players?

VincentASM

Near the end of Chapter 6.

Oh man, Chapter 6 was a bit of a drag, especially since it was a repeat of Chapter 5, which was a repeat of, you know what.

However the Conjuror sidequest was awesome.

Also, Obliterate and Growth Egg, ahahaha.

Don't worry, chapter 7 and 8 adds new scenes. It also up the ante.And you should try to steal chapter 7 Boss because they have really great looy (Things you find his Blue Chest, for example).

You can already access the Alternate Chapter Ending, by mashing the X button for 20-30 minute to destroy the last crystal. (seriously. It takes a lot of time, be sure to have nothing else to do).

Doing the Alternate ending now is worth it. It allows you to obtain really good equipment, including the Brave Mantle and Ribbon.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just finished the game It was interesting

I am a little confused though with some things that happened, like with
Ringabel did he return to the same world as the others or a different world, and that scene that showed him saving them this time from Airy, how did that work that couldn't be the same Ringabel we have been playing this whole time, I am seriously confused on what happened with him. And Tiz what exactly happened to him, what was inside him the whole time, why did he pass out like that... I really hope the sequel explains things and I hope all the characters make a return

Edited by Shelie

Well I just finished the game It was interesting

I am a little confused though with some things that happened, like with

Ringabel did he return to the same world as the others or a different world, and that scene that showed him saving them this time from Airy, how did that work that couldn't be the same Ringabel we have been playing this whole time, I am seriously confused on what happened with him. And Tiz what exactly happened to him, what was inside him the whole time, why did he pass out like that... I really hope the sequel explains things and I hope all the characters make a return

Great !

So, which world was destroyed and which worlds helped you ?

There's also the thing about the angel that wasn't totally explained.

I think we'll learn more about Tiz in the sequel.

I wondered if it wasn't supposed to be his brother's soul, since he said he "wanted to give back what he borrowed", and was found near Till's tomb.

But Ouroubouros said it was a soul from the Celestial Realm, which I guess we would be able to visit in the sequel. I wondered if the celestial realm wasn't actually in the moon.

About Ringabl and Time World Travel, I'm not sure how it's supposed to works. Ringabel may appears on the sequel, so we may have more explanations.

Great !

So, which world was destroyed and which worlds helped you ?

There's also the thing about the angel that wasn't totally explained.

I think we'll learn more about Tiz in the sequel.

I wondered if it wasn't supposed to be his brother's soul, since he said he "wanted to give back what he borrowed", and was found near Till's tomb.

But Ouroubouros said it was a soul from the Celestial Realm, which I guess we would be able to visit in the sequel. I wondered if the celestial realm wasn't actually in the moon.

About Ringabl and Time World Travel, I'm not sure how it's supposed to works. Ringabel may appears on the sequel, so we may have more explanations.

I had you, alfred & 2 others I cannot remember and my brothers world was desystroyed. I Sure hope Ringabel & Edea appear in the sequel I love them both especialy Ringabel<3

I also would like to know more about this celestian race

Edited by Shelie

Is it the one near the centre of the first floor?

I can't remember, but you should be able to navigate there from upstairs.

Also, nearing the end of the game. Grinded every job for every character, although I'm not sure if it was worth it >___<

I'm trying to appreciate this game for as long as possible~

If you've the patience, you should have a good time : P

Beat the game now. Major spoilers abound, most likely.

Saw the Evil One coming from a mile away, but it was cool still.

Personally I kind of wish they made Chapters 5-8 a single chapter.

From a logical viewpoint, I couldn't think of a reason for Chapter 6 and beyond to exist, except to drive home the cycle and the existence of parallel worlds, which I'm sure they could have done in some other manner.

Like maybe you could visit other parallel worlds by travelling through the Holy Pillar and Grand Chasm.

The "true" ending was great, but the requirement was totally silly. I have to applaud Agnes and co. for not giving up despite the Rite of Awakening failing many times, but they didn't give the player any good reason to continue.

Also, the Bravely Second trailer was awesome; great use of the gyro function too.

Ok then, I'm in chapter 6.

As I thought, Airy IS the Evil One! Oh my god. She scares the crap outta me now.

Also Yulyana's words all have a precious meaning now. "Have the courage to disobey"... it's probably referring to Agnès breaking the Crystals?

In any case... I've awakened 3/4 Crystals (this is getting repetitive) and didn't care to do the subquests because they seemed the same of the second world.

I'm doing Yulyana's subquests where you get a different "destiny" for each character.

My question is: can I screw my possibility of getting the "True Alternate Ending" I've been hearing of (chapter 7 and 8 maybe?) if I do something wrong? Can I, for example, ignore the boss battles in the third world? Please let me know.

Ok then, I'm in chapter 6.

As I thought, Airy IS the Evil One! Oh my god. She scares the crap outta me now.

Also Yulyana's words all have a precious meaning now. "Have the courage to disobey"... it's probably referring to Agnès breaking the Crystals?

In any case... I've awakened 3/4 Crystals (this is getting repetitive) and didn't care to do the subquests because they seemed the same of the second world.

I'm doing Yulyana's subquests where you get a different "destiny" for each character.

My question is: can I screw my possibility of getting the "True Alternate Ending" I've been hearing of (chapter 7 and 8 maybe?) if I do something wrong? Can I, for example, ignore the boss battles in the third world? Please let me know.

I don't think its possible to screw up getting the true ending, but I did do all the subquests in every world because each world you do them in you learn more about the bosses and different things about them get added to D's Journal, personally I thought it was interesting and quite enjoyed it, it gave them more depth

Thanks, Shelie.

About the last job:

Holy cow. Yulyana in Hard mode was crazy hard. He kept spamming that Pirate skill that oneshotted one of my characters, and Meteor. x_x

Seriously, I was in a pinch. What a great battle!

I had to use Vincent's summon that dealt 90'000 damage in Bravely Second as a last resort, lol.

What a shame, I promised myself I wouldn't have used Summons anymore from chapter 4.

Haha, glad that came in handy.

Although it's ironic how you racked up more damage than me, since I was trying to go for a max damage record X D

Oh the topic of tough bosses, the Level 99 nemesis from Bravely Second is out now (if you update data).

Ouch, the boss isn't too hard at the beginning, but when it reaches low HP, it goes CRAZY.

Also, the "Love" status is funny (it can be a boon or a curse, depending on what you're doing).

Edited by VincentASM

Haha, glad that came in handy.

Although it's ironic how you racked up more damage than me, since I was trying to go for a max damage record X D

Oh the topic of tough bosses, the Level 99 nemesis from Bravely Second is out now (if you update data).

Ouch, the boss isn't too hard at the beginning, but when it reaches low HP, it goes CRAZY.

Also, the "Love" status is funny (it can be a boon or a curse, depending on what you're doing).

So... That's what happens when Baal fight as a cockatrice instead of a prinny ?

Is he harder than the Bonus Boss ?

So... That's what happens when Baal fight as a cockatrice instead of a prinny ?

Is he harder than the Bonus Boss ?

Which one? : o

The Adventurer?

I think they're about even, although the Ba'al is probably tougher because its Love effect can screw up your plans.

Waah, finished. The main story, at least. I think.

Chapter 7. The first ending. A bit disappointed by the ending because I wanted some more Tiz x Agnés and Ringabel x Edea, anyway... I still have to see what this infamous chapter 8 has for me. The last boss was annoying... like she was for the rest of the game, after all. Well-characterised I have to say, despite having few lines. Going with "Quick World" (lv.14 Time Mage) was not a great idea maybe, since on every single turn she'd use Debuff+Flare for a good 3000 damage to everyone. I barely managed to defeat her on my first attempt with everyone alive, though. Hard mode, lv.69. Nooow... MAH FEELS. I swear, this game is giving me so many emotions... maybe as many as Fire Emblem Awakening.

I'm excited to see what chapter 8 has for me.

In the meantime, remember: "Have the courage to disobey!!" XD

Ah, Merry Christmas to you all. x3

Waah, finished. The main story, at least. I think.

Chapter 7. The first ending. A bit disappointed by the ending because I wanted some more Tiz x Agnés and Ringabel x Edea, anyway... I still have to see what this infamous chapter 8 has for me. The last boss was annoying... like she was for the rest of the game, after all. Well-characterised I have to say, despite having few lines. Going with "Quick World" (lv.14 Time Mage) was not a great idea maybe, since on every single turn she'd use Debuff+Flare for a good 3000 damage to everyone. I barely managed to defeat her on my first attempt with everyone alive, though. Hard mode, lv.69. Nooow... MAH FEELS. I swear, this game is giving me so many emotions... maybe as many as Fire Emblem Awakening.

I'm excited to see what chapter 8 has for me.

In the meantime, remember: "Have the courage to disobey!!" XD

Ah, Merry Christmas to you all. x3

You haven't seen the true ending yet !

And good luck with it because it will be a really long and hard fight !

Merry Christmas all !

(And goddamn Belphegor... I swear I'll crush you soon.)

1547-6522-9410

I'm not very far in though, I just want more villagers

added most of the people in this thread, let me know if I haven't

I'm loving this game, the game play is so refreshing. the bosses are a piece of cake once you figure out their attack patterns. will type more when I'm not browsing from my phone lol

Edited by Agro

1547-6522-9410

I'm loving this game, the game play is so refreshing. the bosses are a piece of cake once you figure out their attack patterns. will type more when I'm not browsing from my phone lol

Sadly, friends aren't added as villagers. You gain 3-5 villagers every day.

It's just so you can use them to completely wipe the Bosses.

Added you back !

1547-6522-9410

Added you back ;)

So, like I said Yesterday I've beat the final boss, but it seems I'm missing the "true ending".

What do I have to do? I'm back at when I have to destroy the last Crystal. What should I do to trigger the true ending?

You just need to awaken all four crystals in Chapter 8.

Belphegor was fun, but annoying to repeat because of its cycling weakness (and immunity).

Also, seemes like we're getting another Level 99 Ba'al nemesis around New Year's; should be interesting...

Thanks.

I haven't fought Belphegor, but against opponents like that I love to manipulate the weaknesses through that awesome skill of the Alchemist (or whatever it is called in English... salve-maker, maybe?). Weak to dark + Dark Knight's skills, yay!

Also Vincent, I think I saw you on Miiverse.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Thanks.

I haven't fought Belphegor, but against opponents like that I love to manipulate the weaknesses through that awesome skill of the Alchemist (or whatever it is called in English... salve-maker, maybe?). Weak to dark + Dark Knight's skills, yay!

The thing is it doesn't work against him. I do prefer Weak Fire + Fireball myself.

Haha, I think I saw you too.

I commented in your post about...

the game's subtitle.

The thing is it doesn't work against him. I do prefer Weak Fire + Fireball myself.

Dang, that sucks.

I can beat it in 15-20 minutes (by cycling the -aja spells), but that's still ages for me.

I love this game so far, though I hate how the game tells you where to go and how Airy gives you advice on where to go next. There's nothing wrong with a game letting you explore and work out things yourself, rather than holding your hands.

Then again I did pick easy mode. :/

Ringabell x Edea all the way

Edited by mikan-tsumiki