how are the RNs calculated?

Elieson

crit before hit

It's hit, hit (2 RN), then crit. If the average of the two hits is below the hit rate the attack hits. Same for crits and skills but they only use one RN. Silencer is rolled after crit in FE7 even for non-Assassins and there's a priority list for FE8 skills.

crit before hit

It's hit, hit (2 RN), then crit. If the average of the two hits is below the hit rate the attack hits. Same for crits and skills but they only use one RN. Silencer is rolled after crit in FE7 even for non-Assassins and there's a priority list for FE8 skills.

This is what I mainly meant, as in, what was the order for the hit code (was it hit before skill/crit ir crit/skill)

Also, fe6-8 use the 2 rn system right?

• 3 weeks later...

what do you mean by "how are they calculated?"

if you really are asking about how they are generated, this is supposedly the mechanism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_feedback_shift_register

I would be interested in seeing how the fe games determines an initial seed value. Judging from how you can manipulate the FE8 to give certain items like boots in the ruins depending upon difficulty it seems sort of bizarre however consistent. Then, again logic for computer systems is rather funky. I think now a days the common way to seed RNGs is to use the internal system's clock.

2RNs to determine whether or not you hit.

If you hit, one more RN to determine whether you crit.

If you crit, one more RN to determine whether Silence takes effect... even if you're not an Assassin.

In short: 2 RNs if you miss, 3 RNs if you hit but don't crit, and 4 RNs if you crit or assassinate.

I'm not sure how other class skills work in FE8, though.

Edited by Paper Jam