Has anyone ever seen an Avatar with no avatar!?

MelonGx

my first thought upon seeing this was how FE13 seems to consistently have to take a brief but noticeable moment to load its portraits, and that perhaps for some unknown reason related to that it simply failed to load them in the case of this one. i'm no expert, but perhaps knowing a bit more about this StreetPass hit's contents (the other teammates, names/phrases used) may help diagnose what went wrong here?

I can imagine it glitching up if it was a streetpass team from a different region Awakening and it got mistaken as "legit".

if this were to be the case, somehow i doubt it'd be the portrait that's affected. if anything, that data is almost certainly the same between all regions; NoA didn't add or remove anything to destabilise it. names and dialogue, sure (though also unlikely; didn't the english character set used by international releases already exist with no modifications in the Japanese version?), but portrait problems strike me as significantly less likely

and of course, this is all assuming that such a region-mistaking error is even possible

Nowhere near as weird as the pink-haired Chrom!Morgan-M somebody once streetpassed me. Still strange, though.

If that was an Outrealm Order, that's because kids in OROs don't follow normal rules at all, Ergo, they're generated and don't have parents.

I've seen Ignis on Lucina with a Male MU, and a Blue-haired Aether Cynthia along side said Ignis equipped Lucina. [Morgan(F) had blue hair and some random build.]

Also Wyrmsbane and Aether on a Male Morgan on another one. [The biggest "what!?" I've ever seen]

Edited by Airship Canon

If that was an Outrealm Order, that's because kids in OROs don't follow normal rules at all, Ergo, they're generated and don't have parents.

I've seen Ignis on Lucina with a Male MU, and a Blue-haired Aether Cynthia along side said Ignis equipped Lucina. [Morgan(F) had blue hair and some random build.]

Also Wyrmsbane and Aether on a Male Morgan on another one. [The biggest "what!?" I've ever seen]

It was a real team, it had a difficulty, location and a ton of listed pairings.

It was a real team, it had a difficulty, location and a ton of listed pairings.

What colour hair did your Morgan (M) have?

I know the kids in the pairings list use your colours, presumably they use your colours in battle too.

If you never had Morgan (M), that could explain things too.

On a related note, I know FE12 takes a while to load up Avatar portraits, so wouldn't be surprised if this happened here.

I know the kids in the pairings list use your colours, presumably they use your colours in battle too.

They do not.

Otherwise them fighting each other with different hair colors wouldn't be possible.

Streetpass must be buggier in the US version more than just the "You can't use DLC and Legacy characters" then. I've had Outrealm Orders generated for an entire year because regions and "no one had the game" and have never had that happen with the Japanese copy.

I even went to EVO and had a bunch of those Outrealm Orders. Nothing ever out of place.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What colour hair did your Morgan (M) have?

If you never had Morgan (M), that could explain things too.

On a related note, I know FE12 takes a while to load up Avatar portraits, so wouldn't be surprised if this happened here.

The most recent Morgan-M I had was Vaike!Gerome!Morgan, and the Morgan on the file I got the team on was Nowi!Morgan. Morgan wasn't the only one with messed up hair, Libra!Inigo had Chrom hair as well.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Streetpass must be buggier in the US version more than just the "You can't use DLC and Legacy characters" then. I've had Outrealm Orders generated for an entire year because regions and "no one had the game" and have never had that happen with the Japanese copy.

Maybe so. OROs have always just been a random mess as far as I could tell though.

[Question for you: Is the Manakete/Taguel Morgan "bug" [if Morgan is a Manakete or Taguel, but isn't in that class [i.E. Swordmaster Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan; General Kellam!Nah!Morgan] in Streetpass they don't have their perma weakness] in the JPN version?]

[Question for you: Is the Manakete/Taguel Morgan "bug" [if Morgan is a Manakete or Taguel, but isn't in that class [i.E. Swordmaster Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan; General Kellam!Nah!Morgan] in Streetpass they don't have their perma weakness] in the JPN version?]

In my case, I've never seen it because any Morgan I've encountered that is related to manaketes has always been in the Manakete class.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Is this coincidentally also how the game displays DLC characters on StreetPass when you don't have the DLC yourself?

...wait how.

DLC characters on a streetpass team doesn't happen because of the streetpass bug present in both the North American and European releases.

Well if you mean the ones you recruit, and then they get displayed that way in your roster... then no. They are coded that way.

What I meant was, you can never see DLC characters in streetpass teams because from testing from people... it was concluded that the European and North American versions never fixed that bug.

Edited by shadowofchaos