Which characters did you dislike in the game?

Since we're mentioning Virion...

I have this for the people who think he's too full of himself and hate him for other such reasons.

The caption that goes with it is 'Sometimes we say things to try and hide the words we fear the silence will say for us.'. And you know what, I can relate to that.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually tend to like philanderers. Sain, Virion, Inigo. Especially Sain and Inigo. I love these guys. lol

I also like Gatrie from the Tellius games who's similar, but it's not as fleshed out in his case and he's not as funny, so. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Since we're mentioning Virion...

I have this for the people who think he's too full of himself and hate him for other such reasons.

The caption that goes with it is 'Sometimes we say things to try and hide the words we fear the silence will say for us.'. And you know what, I can relate to that.

I love you for posting this. Virion is actually one of the most layered characters in the game. (The only other one being Lucina really...)

I actually tend to like philanderers. Sain, Virion, Inigo. Especially Sain and Inigo. I love these guys. lol

I also like Gatrie from the Tellius games who's similar, but it's not as fleshed out in his case and he's not as funny, so. :P

I maintain: Someone needs to get a fanart of all of the philanderers from the series gathered around a tree in a skirt made.

Edited by Airship Canon

Same here! Inigo is my favourite character in the game and nothing anyone says will change that.

I maintain: Someone needs to get a fanart of all of the philanderers from the series gathered around a tree in a skirt made.

Oh gods, that would be amazing. XD

Doesn't change anything.

He's as bad of a philanderer as Virion, and a significant deal more disrespectful.

Well, I prefer Inigo, because he hasn't "done stuff at night" like Virion has (Virion + Frederick Support convo)

Well, I prefer Inigo, because he hasn't "done stuff at night" like Virion has (Virion + Frederick Support convo)

Here's a thing though:

Virion is a philanderer, he's had a few one night stands. That's not a huge negative to his character.

He's shown to be a braggart, but turns around, and backs his claims. [Only thing he doesn't do is back them gameplay wise, but that's because the devs decided screw him].

He's got a pretty cool character and has quite a deal of class.

Inigo is canonically a cheater.

He's disrespectful in quite a few of his supports.

Then he's got this little gem:

tumblr_n2778onmFo1s3ngc2o2_1280.png

tumblr_n2778onmFo1s3ngc2o1_r1_1280.png

If you don't know, the shiny/barracks conversations between non-child bearers [2nd gen, Spotpass Six, etc.] and Morgan are... not generic- even so, even if it weren't Morgan, you'd think he wouldn't be... cheating, but wait, he is.

So what if Inigo fails all the time, he's still trying, and unlike say Virion, Tharja, and Cordelia which'd have flag nightmares and completely different supports to try to undo their quips, Inigo is... specifically continuing to be a philanderer after marrying. It's not even developer issues here. Inigo is just canonically a cheater.

He's not that bad with Morgan because she gets enjoyment out of it [mostly because he's so chauvinistic, that he fails all the time] ...and Nah, because she's the Sheena to his Zelos. [save for the fact that Zelos is thousands times of the character that Inigo is.] But... jeez, Inigo is bad.

cVcBidX.png

By Comparison, Virion's pretty faithful to his lover.

You can't reasonably say Virion is bad and just gloss over Inigo, because by all damn means, Inigo is WORSE for it.

Chrom (to Inigo): "Seems like you haven't a care in the world past whose bed you'll be sharing tonight."

So yeah, I wouldn't put it past him.

After doing another playthrough after a long break, I now only really dislike 3 characters.

Kjelle, Playable Anna (NPC/DLC Anna's are pretty amusing), and Tharja.

Edited by Kamina

After doing another playthrough after a long break, I now only really dislike 3 characters.

Who didn't you like before, and why do you like them now? Just out of curiosity.

Who didn't you like before, and why do you like them now? Just out of curiosity.

Vaike, and Henry. I still don't really like them, but they don't bother me any more.

Edited by Kamina

The Flake, I mean The Vaike isn't too interesting. Also:

Cordelia

Excellus - well you kind of have to hate him

Severa

Indigo

Cynthia

Kjelle

Gregor

Personally my least favorite character in this game is Cordelia because holy shit, she's fucking whiny. I know people bag on Sumia sometimes for feeling overly sorry for herself; this is kind of true but she's got nothing on Cordelia.

Also she pretty much yells in her Fredrick support “Im good at too many things! WHY CAN’T I JUST BE NORMAL? IT’S A FUCKING CURSE!"

A lot of my like and dislike toward the Shephards is actually about their interactions with others. Most of them I like just fine. Cordelia, Vaike, Severa, Nowi, and Ricken try my patience at times, though. And Cherche and Kjelle are just... kinda bland, I think.

They all have their downs in the supports, though, along with ups. Pairing them with the right folks puts all of these guys in my good graces again. Except Cherche. She's still boring.

Owain: He is mega annoying like to the point where it is unbearable. I have no clue why he is so damn popular, and I don't find him that attractive either unlike most people seem to find him.

Olivia: oh gosh she is just annoying. Mainly her voice. It grates my ears.

Gerome: BORING! Waste of a great design

I haven't posted in this thread yet, wat. Well, I am going through the support library and unlocking supports I forgot about, namely Gen 2 supports. And GOD, I'm reminded why I severely dislike Kjelle. God, what an arrogant bitch. She's so annoying with her "I am Woman Hear Me Roar" bit; nobody cares if you're a man or woman, Kjelle, smfh. She's worst in her supports with Lucina and Inigo, if you ask me. The only support where I find her slightly tolerable is with her father and Gerome. Rest of the time, I can't stand her stupid attitude. Yeesh.

I haven't posted in this thread yet, wat. Well, I am going through the support library and unlocking supports I forgot about, namely Gen 2 supports. And GOD, I'm reminded why I severely dislike Kjelle. God, what an arrogant bitch. She's so annoying with her "I am Woman Hear Me Roar" bit; nobody cares if you're a man or woman, Kjelle, smfh. She's worst in her supports with Lucina and Inigo, if you ask me. The only support where I find her slightly tolerable is with her father and Gerome. Rest of the time, I can't stand her stupid attitude. Yeesh.

Kjelle is basically Ashnard (demonstrated by her support with Lucina), and I find that kinda cool.

[And I like her support with Inigo... because she kicks his ass.]

No doubt Inigo deserves a good ass-kicking for his philandering ways. But the way the support was handled left me feeling quite sour. And that support with Lucina...dear god. Kjelle's arrogance is just too much for me. Believing in your abilities because you survived a zombie apocalypse is fine; thinking you're the only thing the army needs to win the war is pig-headedness to an extreme. Kjelle seriously needs to get off her high horse.