Should the next Fire Emblem be associated with Awakening?

Zukonima

It's not so much hard as it is just annoying. I dont mean to say that programming itself is hard, but mapping out a exact route of whatever conditions unlocks which is more or less irritating as shit, but I could be biased since I myself don't particularly like having to write too many conditions in my own code.

If they have their own GUI-based editor it'd be a lot less irritating, but as I'm not IS and don't know what they use internally.

urgh my internet

Actually, it could be done without any conditionals, assuming conversations merely varied based on what conversations have been seen before and not the order they've been seen in (though that could be done too with some trickery). I'll use Gaius x Cordelia as an example.

Each different pairing conversation has a 1-bit flag that says whether it's been activated or not. So, when determining what conversation to show, the game would take all the flags for each character and string them together to make a long binary number, and then use that number as an address to look up which conversation out of the Gaius x Cordelia array should be displayed.

There, each possible set of supports that could exist when any one conversation is activated is covered, without any conditionals.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Anything explaining how Priam became a legend with a huge army training with him would be good.

All of those soldiers he has showed up to try and beat him, and none of them succeeded. They all stayed to try and get stronger.

Is it bad that I am interested in a sequel to Awakening, one where I can import some/all of my characters nonetheless?

I'd love to see the world developed more - more detail to the various countries, new continents, etc. I'd love to know what the heck happened between Archanea/Akaneia/whatever and Ylisse - the fate of Medeus and his kin, Grima's origin, why Altea is apparently a desert, etc etc etc. Maybe even more connections to Jugdral, Elibe, and even Tellius...

Wait, I'm asking for another fanservice game, aren't I? Damn.

Alternately, I'd love to live in a dimension where Nintendo got past the idea they are making toys for children, and developed a modern remake of the Jugdral games, potentially controversial plot and all.