Lunatic tips and PMU

Dwarfishh

Just finishing my HM run with few problems. Looking for tips for playing lunatic, since I've heard it's hard as hell. Also looking for people to pick my units and pairings (Classes and skills also welcome). Not taking the really weird ones though (Ricken!Yarne is just no). Also probably working with a Male MU

Parentage:
Virion!Inigo(Hero)
Gregor!Nah
Henry!Cynthia
Chrom!Lucina/?
?!Owain
Vaike!Kjelle
?!Laurent
?!Noire
?!Brady
?!Yarne

Edited by eggs4king

Virion!Inigo

Sounds ok. High skill for crits.

+def is a great modifier to have for early game.

Ricken!Gerome, I don't think this is a bad thing

Hmm... Never really thought of that... And +def seems like a good plan.

Edited by eggs4king

GregorxNowi, because Nowi is a fantastic unit on lunatic and the boosts Gregor gives her really help her out. That and he can promote without wasting any EXP into him

FrederickxSumia works, but initially it's quite a hard pairing to work with. Disregard this if proven otherwise and/or if only one pairing can be selected per user

Edited by DodgeDusk

GregorxNowi, because Nowi is a fantastic unit on lunatic and the boosts Gregor gives her really help her out. That and he can promote without wasting any EXP into him

FrederickxSumia works, but initially it's quite a hard pairing to work with. Disregard this if proven otherwise and/or if only one pairing can be selected per user

I'll go with one per user, but mostly because I don't want Freddy as a parent

Skill and class suggestions are welcome as well. Saves me the trouble...

Just constantly reclass Nowi as a Manakete, since that's all she needs. She also levels up really quickly. I personally wouldn't use Gregor as an offensive unit, but that's up to you

I wouldn't bother with Nah, since her mission, iirc, is absolutely frustrating and hard as all hell. Inigo too, but it's a tad easier. Just make sure Olivia gets good bases. Could dance abuse her in chapter 11, but that takes a while

Just constantly reclass Nowi as a Manakete, since that's all she needs. She also levels up really quickly. I personally wouldn't use Gregor as an offensive unit, but that's up to you

I wouldn't bother with Nah, since her mission, iirc, is absolutely frustrating and hard as all hell. Inigo too, but it's a tad easier. Just make sure Olivia gets good bases. Could dance abuse her in chapter 11, but that takes a while

I'm allowing grinding, so Nowi is getting deliverer, for general utility.

I think the biggest issue for people is just getting past the first 5 chapters.

-Abuse the avatar's veteran skill and train them up as much as possible. lv4-6 through prologue. There is abusing the water with your units to feed the avatar KO's safely for the 2nd wave of enemies on the prologue chapter.

-Strength or magic isn't super important for the first few chapters. I was cursed having my avatar at like 9 or 10 mag/str at level 11 (pair-up fix this). But, having the defense and health is more important. So, +hp or +def for insurance.

-Its helpful to get the Elixir to Fredrick on chapter 1 for chapter 2 usage.

To make Lunatic easy you pretty much get the avatar ahead in levels early on (I believe its common to have avie at lv 20 by chapter 5), then really only focus on giving KOs to 2 or 3 other units for some combat units for the slightly later chapters like chapter 6 since the Avatar cannot do everything.

Otherwise, so long as you do not spread exp too thin and keep ahead over the enemy stats with leveling the game is pretty straight forward.

As far as classes go.. I think you get at least 2 or three second seals (renown for one) before they can be brought. So, reclass whichever early combat units you want to use long term before promoting them since you gain more experience unpromoted classes. Maps eventually get filled with lots of bows making flying units not as effective when you get rushed by enemies.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Those stat boosters are only 150g per usage and +2 in say speed or strength can make a huge difference. Plus, everything I said was assuming you didn't have any DLC or much renown built up. Otherwise, why worry?

Edited by Eri's Ire

Since this is my run, I'm choosing Avatar!Gerome, because dragons.

Edit: up to chapter 2 now. Struggling with who to pair with who for the chapter. Lissa has support with Chrom, and MU with Freddy so far...

Edited by eggs4king