Do I have anger management problems? And if so, am I handling it correctly?

IceBrand

That sounds like you have good anger management technique to me. It's natural to feel angry when someone insults you, and definitely if you get physically hit. The real question I'd think is what's causing people to do those to you in the first place, and is it worth changing those :P?

As said above, it sounds like you have good anger management. Are you being bullied, though? Being insulted (and not being comfortable with it, ie screwing around with friends) and being hit often sound like you may be having some trouble or something. If so, I'd say bring it up to the school or wherever you are. (Or...defend yourself. Your choice.)

If it's just friends screwing around, then tell them to stop hitting you.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Being hit? That's. . .weird. Sounds like there's more going on, and I think you'd be best served trying to sort it out with the people you know IRL (as opposed to a bunch of wildly varying opinions over the Internet).

No, I don't think that qualifies as anger issues. Humans will always butt heads and have moments of rage, but it's managing this rage that can lead to issues. You say you don't retaliate with force or in a hurtful way, that means that you can channel your anger without having a problem. Anger issues in my eyes at least is when you use this rage to hurt someone, or threaten to. For instance, someone kicks you or bumps you, not hitting them back usually means you don't have anger problems. Oh, I forgot to mention consistency, if you don't habitually return fire, it's not as much a problem as it is a quick act of instinct due to built up frustration.

Tl:dr version; if you aren't hurting anyone, it shouldn't be called a problem

Also, you've got a fine way of handling your anger, I know from experience it works well. I used to use it, but then dumb teenage itis kicked in and now I just have to pick a God and pray it goes in one of my ears and out the other. If there's ever a point it stops working, I'd suggest sitting down in complete silence, and playing some music

If someone is hitting you regularly or once at all then it is a problem... as for dealing with it, I don't know. Try to work out why that person is hitting you from their perspective, and see if there is a peaceful resolution. I am doubtful it is being worth being hit regularly. If not, perhaps avoid them.

Talk to people you are close to for help, since they probably have more knowledge about this than we do

Hopefully you situation turns out for the best.

Basically whenever someone insults me or hits me, I get anger. Sometimes I get to the point that I want to start fighting . But whenever I get these thoughts, I think of the consequences and forget about it.

No, that sounds perfectly normal. Except for the getting hit part. You should probably find some way to stop those people from hitting you. Either that or find a way to avoid them.

Either way, you've always struck me as a really calm and level headed guy, and that's always been something I've admired from you. I mean, I don't think there's ever been a time where you've gotten into a heated debate or argument on SF. You also hardly hate on anything and you barely ever talk negatively about anything.