Is Nowi a Divine Dragon?

RJWalker

The Fire Emblem Wiki lists Nowi as a Divine Dragon. Can anyone cofirm if this is stated in the game?

And if yes, where the hell did she come from if all Divine Dragons except Tiki, Xane and Gotoh are supposed to be extinct?

I mean, Gharnef even refers to Tiki as 'Princess-that-was of the great divine dragons' and says 'Your divine dragon kin perished long ago.'

There was a topic existed that appeared that I kinda did asked that same question from before about Nowi and the same question from the "I just wanted to know one thing!" also to clarified about it from two years ago, but one of them saids that Nowi had the same model as Tiki, but I am not completely sure if thats kinda correct or not, but we did have Fae who was a Divine Dragon outside of Archanea in Roy's and Eliwood's time and Nagi in the DS remakes also. But, I kinda not sure if Nowi was a Divine Dragon, but I am not kinda sure if she's realted to Nagi, Xane, Gotoh, Fae, or an another Divine Dragon that we haven't seen in the past Archanea games (like Fae in Elibe and Nagi in the DS remakes) and afterwards since we did seen Nah mentioned to Tiki about her mother being not related.

Edited by King Marth 64

She was trapped in gregors basment during Gnarefs life

Nowi said that shes over 1000 years old, but Tiki mentioned that she hasn't seen Marth over 2000 years after FE3/12.

Edited by King Marth 64

It's not confirmed anywhere. It's assumed, mostly because of Wyrmsbane [x3 damage vs. Dragons, which is typically a Divine Dragon effect, but it's not necessarily the case.]

Hell, Nowi and Nah [and Manakete!Morgan] are more akin to Myrrh (as in, they're just... Manakete, no designation) in all honesty.

Edited by Airship Canon

But I though Na can talk to Narga. So every Manakete can do that now?

I guess?

From the relevant support (Morgan and Nah):

Naga is an incredibly important deity to the manaketes.

Yes! But she still takes time to speak to my kind every so often.

Wait, even the Manakete think she is a deity? She specifically said she is not a god. And apparently she can speak to all of them, so why the confusion?

But then again, given that she keeps resurrecting, puts mortal through deadly tests to prove their worthiness, gives nicknames to her chosen ones and has people pray to her, it's hard to tell these days.

She is more divine then Yune, at least.

Edit: Anyway, she looks so much like Tiki, she is basically a redesign. She even got a crown and an extremely similar name. I find it hard to imagine that they are from different tribes.

Edited by BrightBow

Edit: Anyway, she looks so much like Tiki, she is basically a redesign. She even got a crown and an extremely similar name. I find it hard to imagine that they are from different tribes.

It's called an archetype X D

The developers specifically commented that Nowi is this game's Tiki (in terms of roles, aka she's the token loli Manakete). Myrrh and Fae probably fall under the same role, but Myrrh isn't a divine dragon (AFAIK).

Edited by VincentASM

The Fire Emblem Wiki lists Nowi as a Divine Dragon. Can anyone cofirm if this is stated in the game?

Do remember a wiki can be edited by anyone. I'd hardly consider it the end-all-be-all of information.

Do remember a wiki can be edited by anyone. I'd hardly consider it the end-all-be-all of information.

While I agree, I think the saying "where there's smoke, there's fire" applies here.

I'm curious what caused the smoke in any case.

While I agree, I think the saying "where there's smoke, there's fire" applies here.

I'm curious what caused the smoke in any case.

Glad to see you agree, particularly seeing as the FE Wiki is just a wikia wiki, which are far from well regulated compared to something like Sega Retro.

Smoke could have just been some random fans assuming she's a divine dragon because of the dragon model used in the games and the fact that all the manaketes use that exact model, which I'd more chalk up to reused assets rather than any story line reason.

Also, Tiki's Dragon Form is glaringly white [and has red eyes].

Nowi and Morgan are yellow.

Nah's red.

But the FE wiki has had issues. Like for instance someone claiming Yen'fay's confession doesn't shift to bubbles. [wait, simple screenshots prove that it does. Lack of shifting to bubbles is a Lucina only thing.]

Also, Tiki's Dragon Form is glaringly white [and has red eyes].

Nowi and Morgan are yellow.

Nah's red.

It's the same model though, regardless. Prior FE games with multiple manaketes were pretty good about having different sprites. Shadow Dragon and New Mystery are the best with that, but yeah.

Nowi has WyrmsBane, her child can commune directly with Naga, and the icon for the dragonstone+ in the game is the same as the Divinestone.

truedragonstone.png

The only other thing I can imagine is if she's some sort of new type.

As to why, it was probably to re-use Tiki's model and abilities rather then make different Dragon models.

EDIT: Tiki also used Ice Breath in Book 1 of FE3 and Mist breath resembles hail.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Nowi has WyrmsBane, her child can commune directly with Naga, and the icon for the dragonstone+ in the game is the same as the Divinestone.

truedragonstone.png

The only other thing I can imagine is if she's some sort of new type.

Just plain "Manakete" . Like Myrrh.

Thats probably because Myrrh is in a different world not directly connected to Archanea as well as no other manakete types appearing. Though the village Elder in Caer Pelyn refers to Morva and Myrrh as Great Dragons. Its possible this is the name of the Magvel Manakete tribe.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Divine Dragon's had different breath attacks between books in FE3? That's an odd design choice.

Akaneia is not Magvel. There may be theoretically more then one dragon tribe in Sacred Stones but in Akaneia we know that as a fact.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah, I can see that, it's just that I am kinda confused now. Not because of this game but because of PoR.

As has been mentioned by Vincent in this thread, Manakete are stated to use an Ice breath in the Japanese version of this game. And Divine Dragon's used Ice breath back in the day.

Now, in PoR unlike the Japanese version, the international version said that White Dragon's used an icy breath despite the breath looking more like Light magic.

To me, that seems to be a bit too much of an coincidence in order to have happened on the whim of an member of the localization team.

Well, that and it is really odd that someone bothered to programmed it that way despite there being no story reason for it.

Anyway, I guess that means having Ice breath doesn't rule out Nowi from being a Divine Dragon. However, it doesn't mean anything that she can speak with Narga since everyone can do that now.

Edited by BrightBow

In the end of the future past part 3 DLC, Nah become the voice of the divine dragon if that means anything. Seeing as manaketes are so rare in fire emblem: awakening and so much time passed, maybe Nowi is just like a small part divine dragon mixed with other.