I think I'm getting skinnier

Junkhead

I only started cutting calories like 3 days ago, tho.

Cardio, well...started that sort of from the start. Though I did start rather light, first with the bike then with the treadmill. I do both.

Lifting is overrated and cardio is underrated. Seriously.

I am a cross country runner and believe me, being skinny isn't bad at all. Besides, working hard on your cardiovascular endurance will improve on your life greater than any other form of fitness. If you are concerned about looking skinny, may I suggest lifting. Not heavy lifting, but lighter lifting with more reps. Develop you muscular endurance with your cardiovascular and you'll be lean and healthy.

Yeah, I want to maintain my lean appearance but gain just a bit of muscle mass don't I don't look too thin. Also, muscle definition. That's the reason I'm also doing cardio, besides weight-lifting.

You must run alot.

I take it cutting my calorie intake and doing cardio wasn't a great idea for starting the gym.

But don't worry I have a plan. All according to keikaku...

Well, if you're trying to build muscle then --I know I've said this too often-- you need that protein man. Like, even with whey protein those calories really add up. It's usually recommended you get around 1g for every pound you weigh when building mass. For the average male that weighs around 150 pounds, that's like, what, 700 calories?

I guess that's not a huge amount if you're building mass, but for me that's pretty big, almost half my daily intake.

Run and bike up and down hills. Your legs and ass with thank you. Do pull ups, push-ups and other chest and abs workouts that don't require lifting (planks and others). If you do enough pull ups and planking and do it well, you will see rapid definition.

You don't necessarily need to gain weight to look healthy. Getting stronger and gaining muscle mass isn't going to exactly keep your heart healthy. Trying to maintain weight while starting an a new exercise program seems a bit pointless to me. If you just keep lifting and running/eliptical/biking/swimming/or any other cardio routine, your going to look better and most likely feel better. If I were you, I would not be overly concerned about gaining weight.

i have high metabolism, so i'll never gain too much. my mom keeps saying i'm too skinny, but honestly, she just thinks that 'cuz my brother isn't.... yeah.

but i do cross country at school too.

i'm only like 99 pounds, and i'm 5 foot 3 inches.

but keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get as skinny as you want. (which is what I'm assuming your goal is, because of this title)

i have high metabolism, so i'll never gain too much. my mom keeps saying i'm too skinny, but honestly, she just thinks that 'cuz my brother isn't.... yeah.

but keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get as skinny as you want. (which is what I'm assuming your goal is, because of this title)

hm you're only half a foot shorter than me and weigh about 20-30 pounds less than i do so...you're pretty dang lightweight, carter ._.

The goal is to cut down body bat, which isn't exactly to aim to be thinner. Lower BF gives the muscle "tone" many people want.

I mean, who actually wants to be a skinnyfuck with no shape. That's what I'm also doing weight-lifting and controlling my calorie & protein intake.

Edited by The leaving song II

Keep in mind, you can't really gain muscle and cut fat at the same time. You'd be better off working to trim the fat, then bulk up!

Why can't you do both at the same time, I wonder?

I don't want to get fat. 8[

Not lifting enough for gains

I think lifting alot is a mistake beginners make.

You're given a certain weight and you scale from there.

I see people around as thin as me lift heavy stuff and they can barely handle it, taking 65346353 hours between rests. I even asked the guy at the gym, and he says there are many douchebags who think they'll get bigger by lifting stuff bigger than themselves.

Edited by The leaving song II

Why can't you do both at the same time, I wonder?

I don't want to get fat. 8[

Loss of fat requires a caloric deficit, while increasing mass requires an increase in caloric intake. So it's better to cut fat and then build muscle.