i want 8 refunds

Wouldn't that prove to be a boon to the writer's own creativity though? Instead of worrying over trying to follow a certain criteria for each character and doing your best not to stray from it, each person is rather basic, yet not too basic to be an empty slate. From that, a writer could potentially create their own story for a given unit and not worry too much on restrictions.

Welp, that's just my input, from a guy who doesn't write any, but enjoys a good one

It's a boon and a burden. You have a blank slate, with no guideline at all. Some people can work wonders with this but it's hard for many to find the interest in characters that aren't defined at all. You're basically making an OC out of an existing character since they have nothing.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im hyped

oh btw i was gonna try out tim's on monday but there was a line stretching out of the nook they're built into

this seems as good a place to tell you as any

i'm going to bed bye

i want 8 refunds

It's a boon and a burden. You have a blank slate, with no guideline at all. Some people can work wonders with this but it's hard for many to find the interest in characters that aren't defined at all. You're basically making an OC out of an existing character since they have nothing.

Hm.... I guess it's a case by case thing among writers then.

oh btw i was gonna try out tim's on monday but there was a line stretching out of the nook they're built into

this seems as good a place to tell you as any

i'm going to bed bye

tims is super popular and the lineups are gigantic often it's worth it ((as I know from customers waiting in line for 34530 years at my store))

nighty night

I actually read that as "marvel fanfics" o_o

We doth have enough of that drivel to last us till Ragnarok, thanks.

I think Marvel has plenty of fanfics as it is. Far more than Fire Emblem I would imagine...

And they are bloody terrible 99% of the time. Damn mortals.

STOP MAKING ME FEEL OLD

Thats my line.

I don't think it's a bad practice. It's literally the entire point of a company. It works, people buy it. Nintendo gets rich. Yay. That means more games for us in the future. Also FE13 totally wasn't a lazy game. Look at all the shit that went into it. If you think that's lazy you're not appreciating the game at all. Even if it is lazy that's your opinion of the game and DLC is part of the game anyway, an optional part of the game but a part nonetheless. It's like sidequests really. And "what the game should have" is completely subjective. The game has it based on what the game team decides. Your opinion on what should/shouldn't be in the game is irrelevant. It's there and you have to deal with it.

And really it's not. Maybe if you buy them all at once but 3 dollars is affordable.

free-internet-coupon.jpg

:):

I'd love to say I'm with you on the whole issue, but facts are facts. Most fanfic writers are not good writers, and most end up defaulting to the tactician template. We've seen this before with the plethora of FE7 novelizations that have finally died down ten years later (only to give way to dozens of FE13 ones). That's simply the way it's going to be until the FE13 hype dies down or the next game in the series is released.

FE13 was incredibly accessible and relatively popular. Whilst that's all well and good, it does unfortunately mean a horde of poor fanfiction writers has made camp. The characters are fleshed out enough to write about and the traits anime enough for most writers to take interest. The other FE titles are rather obscure, meaning that their western fanbases aren't as big and the characters aren't the kind most writers would want to butcher use. Also self-insert too easy to write for.