Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Well if you say so then!

Mm..it seems like a typical dystopian but I suppose you make a point there.

Hmm... that perturbs me that is seen as "typical", but yes, this is just to paint the scenery.

I might even hit a different note, I've toyed with the idea.

Makes me wonder what you define as "typical"

Edited by Soledai

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

oh

are you doing other things

earlier was making dessert so that's why I went poof for a bit is all

Hmm... that perturbs me that is seen as "typical", but yes, this is just to paint the scenery.

I might even hit a different note, I've toyed with the idea.

ehh really now? mind telling me this idea o:

Edited by Koneko

It's most likely from the lack of playing VN's that gives me a false perception as to how it is hearing how the vn is from friends doesn't feel the same as playing the VN yourself. It'll probably be a good idea to play a couple of them to know how they're like and all beforehand I suppose! I know there's a story behind it and all with the many many details that makes it such a great game aside from the dialogue, but it's just dialogue overall that I have trouble writing. I was told that my dialogue writing is too formal and I have to make it seem more casual so that's something I have to work on for a while.

Ohhh, okay okay. Your clarification makes a lot more sense now, yes. And honestly, after playing 999 and VLR, you should have a pretty decent grasp on the general VN format, although those were indeed technically puzzle hybrids. I am trying to remember a good VN format one to recommend as opposed to the more popular ADV style, but I'm drawing a blank on content-suitable options there.

As far as formal/casual for dialogue, that is extremely dependent on the individual character and their particular traits and quirks. Good characterization could have one using quite formal/respectful conservation with literally no contractions ever, while another is using slang and multiple contractions in a single word. It's about creating vision, sticking to it, and adapting it to the circumstances of the plot.

The more anything you read, the more insight you get into possible ways of handling dialogue, so my best advice to you is just to read voraciously. In any medium.

Ohhh, okay okay. Your clarification makes a lot more sense now, yes. And honestly, after playing 999 and VLR, you should have a pretty decent grasp on the general VN format, although those were indeed technically puzzle hybrids. I am trying to remember a good VN format one to recommend as opposed to the more popular ADV style, but I'm drawing a blank on content-suitable options there.

As far as formal/casual for dialogue, that is extremely dependent on the individual character and their particular traits and quirks. Good characterization could have one using quite formal/respectful conservation with literally no contractions ever, while another is using slang and multiple contractions in a single word. It's about creating vision, sticking to it, and adapting it to the circumstances of the plot.

The more anything you read, the more insight you get into possible ways of handling dialogue, so my best advice to you is just to read voraciously. In any medium.

I want to add on this with a question Kitty, have you started Ever17 yet?

Um...

Okay, people just being creepy about Mei now

maybe it'd be a good idea to talk about tou--oh wait that's only slightly less bad

Edited by Comet