• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

oh I see

What kind of dessert

chocolate chip cookies with root beer floats

man those were good

Ohhh, okay okay. Your clarification makes a lot more sense now, yes. And honestly, after playing 999 and VLR, you should have a pretty decent grasp on the general VN format, although those were indeed technically puzzle hybrids. I am trying to remember a good VN format one to recommend as opposed to the more popular ADV style, but I'm drawing a blank on content-suitable options there.

As far as formal/casual for dialogue, that is extremely dependent on the individual character and their particular traits and quirks. Good characterization could have one using quite formal/respectful conservation with literally no contractions ever, while another is using slang and multiple contractions in a single word. It's about creating vision, sticking to it, and adapting it to the circumstances of the plot.

The more anything you read, the more insight you get into possible ways of handling dialogue, so my best advice to you is just to read voraciously. In any medium.

The story was pretty cool, but I think the history and all of the explanations that come behind it made it different from a couple of VNs maybe? I'm not quite sure. That reminds me -- I have to finish downloading Ever17 so I guess I'll try that first to see how it goes. It was one of the ones you and Sol suggested so might as well o wo)/

For some odd reasoning it's easier to create those more formal-like characters since that's how my speech is like for the most part unless there is horror involved. Hm..would observing other people irl be an okay way to learn how to write in different types of dialogue style?

Ahh if only I could so much though! This summer I had so much time and now it's just impossible ;___;

I want to add on this with a question Kitty, have you started Ever17 yet?

Uh..I lost the link so I didn't download..parts 8 and 9.

Yeah I think those were the last two I needed.

The story was pretty cool, but I think the history and all of the explanations that come behind it made it different from a couple of VNs maybe? I'm not quite sure. That reminds me -- I have to finish downloading Ever17 so I guess I'll try that first to see how it goes. It was one of the ones you and Sol suggested so might as well o wo)/

For some odd reasoning it's easier to create those more formal-like characters since that's how my speech is like for the most part unless there is horror involved. Hm..would observing other people irl be an okay way to learn how to write in different types of dialogue style?

Ahh if only I could so much though! This summer I had so much time and now it's just impossible ;___;

Uh..I lost the link so I didn't download..parts 8 and 9.

Yeah I think those were the last two I needed.

Oh... well, the way I write my stuff, it's akin to VN format, so if you gave my writings a read, you'd have an amateur's take on it at least.

But... are the other parts in a safe place?

You won't have time for anything tomorrow, I presume?

Poor little you.

Just because you have a stick up your ass over me doesn't mean you have to be creepy to my friend, and yours, for that matter.

You realize I was just cracking a joke, right?

Whatever. You want to continue to be like this towards me, then fine. Jump up your own ass and die.

Yo Sol, i have been wondering something, man

What character is that for your avi?

You know, I actually have no idea, I knew wanted red in my next avy and ended up with her before I found red magic glyphs.

You realize I was just cracking a joke, right?

Whatever. You want to continue to be like this towards me, then fine. Jump up your own ass and die.

Poly, that was really creepy.

I would've punched you even if I wasn't irritated at you if you said that me.

Poly, that was really creepy.

I would've punched you even if I wasn't irritated at you if you said that me.

You should also know that I'm not like that and that I really was just joking.

W-well

Idk it seemed kinda creepy but I think it's mainly creepy if they seriously meant it. I think if it was just a joke what matters in the end is how Mei felt about it...

I mean there are some people who say creepy things all the time but I let it slide because I know they're just joking because I know them well enough, to me it was just... if people were actually being kinda serious about it... (but then I'd just say "hey quit being a socially awkward nerd and learn how to properly talk to a girl" ^o^) Though reactions to people who were joking would still vary, some people who know others really well can still not take it very well at all.

So I guess REALLY IN THE END it kinda depends on who you're talking to. And if you learn that "hey this person doesn't appreciate those jokes" then learn who to make those kind of jokes with

I feel like I'm going to regret making that an edit and not a new post, with the pace of this thread

Edited by Freohr Datia

I mean there are some people who say creepy things all the time but I let it slide because I know they're just joking because I know them well enough, to me it was just... if people were actually being kinda serious about it... (but then I'd just say "hey quit being a socially awkward nerd and learn how to properly talk to a girl" ^o^)

...lel Freohr... lel

Edited by Soledai

Oh... well, the way I write my stuff, it's akin to VN format, so if you gave my writings a read, you'd have an amateur's take on it at least.

But... are the other parts in a safe place?

You won't have time for anything tomorrow, I presume?

You told me to keep them all in one folder so that's what I've been doing ever since I downloaded it o/

Tomorrow..let's see. Wake up, go to friend's house to do hw/study/tutor, go back home and then go to Kim's house.

Yeah I most likely don't have that much free time.

W-well

Idk it seemed kinda creepy but I think it's mainly creepy if they seriously meant it. I think if it was just a joke what matters in the end is how Mei felt about it...

I mean there are some people who say creepy things all the time but I let it slide because I know they're just joking because I know them well enough, to me it was just... if people were actually being kinda serious about it... (but then I'd just say "hey quit being a socially awkward nerd and learn how to properly talk to a girl" ^o^) Though reactions to people who were joking would still vary, some people who know others really well can still not take it very well at all.

So I guess REALLY IN THE END it kinda depends on who you're talking to. And if you learn that "hey this person doesn't appreciate those jokes" then learn who to make those kind of jokes with

I feel like I'm going to regret making that an edit and not a new post, with the pace of this thread

I said i was sorry :'(

btw guise where's Freohr's thread

because if we're migrating there

i'm gonna go ahead and go uh

go do that

yeahhhhh

I don't think we're migrating~

But I mean... people can always just like, talk in both =o I participate in multiple chat threads, I don't see why some people are talking about sticking to just one of the two

You told me to keep them all in one folder so that's what I've been doing ever since I downloaded it o/

Tomorrow..let's see. Wake up, go to friend's house to do hw/study/tutor, go back home and then go to Kim's house.

Yeah I most likely don't have that much free time.

Oh yeah, I did say that, it was at about 1 or 2am one summer night, well good on you.

I recall the friend thing, but I understand, sounds like a busy day.

You were right, even your weekends are wild cards, at least we will have free time at a later day.

Edited by Soledai