• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Oh my, this sounds like it could be your favorite vn, it sure caught my eye, so I can see the appeal in it, to be sure.

But lol though, I don't think your work would be terrible, especially not bad enough to get flamed over it, but do you have a team or something, or would you be flying solo?

It's definitely in strong contention for that position, although the interface is a little clunky and the graphics are a little dated, but that's to be expected from something first released in 1997, imo.

You haven't been around the 4chan threads around patch releases of decent-to-good efforts, the flames and trolls are strong. So far I've just been doing solo work, although I'm sure I could put out feelers and get an actual team if I felt I had something worth presenting. I've made enough contacts in the scene by now that calling in a few favors would probably be easy, assuming they weren't currently tied up or exited the scene entirely.

It's definitely in strong contention for that position, although the interface is a little clunky and the graphics are a little dated, but that's to be expected from something first released in 1997, imo.

You haven't been around the 4chan threads around patch releases of decent-to-good efforts, the flames and trolls are strong. So far I've just been doing solo work, although I'm sure I could put out feelers and get an actual team if I felt I had something worth presenting. I've made enough contacts in the scene by now that calling in a few favors would probably be easy, assuming they weren't currently tied up or exited the scene entirely.

That's cool, graphics aren't really a priority for me when it comes to things like games and visual novels.

You are correct in that, I have not, I don't think I've been to one around patches, but is it that they're picky or just critical? barring the trolls of course

But I see though, now I getcha, you'd want some presentable work before go to organise a team.

Are you friends with or know anyone that has translated some of the novels you've read?

:O

I read it!

That's cool, graphics aren't really a priority for me when it comes to things like games and visual novels.

You are correct in that, I have not, I don't think I've been to one around patches, but is it that they're picky or just critical? barring the trolls of course

But I see though, now I getcha, you'd want some presentable work before go to organise a team.

Are you friends with or know anyone that has translated some of the novels you've read?

:O

I read it!

I CONQUER

ALL OF THE LAZY

AND DISTRACTION

WOW

I CONQUER

ALL OF THE LAZY

AND DISTRACTION

WOW

WOW

BIG CONGRATS

YOU OVERCAME THE LAZY BUG

AND CRUSHED THE BUG

WOW!

FINALLY

THE SOCKMASTER HAS COME BACK

TO HHH

How you dudes doing?

Appreciating this reference.

It goes slow, but well.

Yourself?

Some random examples from what I remember seeing when lurking some threads around when Ayakashibito was released (as I was curious to see what people would say about the game I worked pretty hard on).

[spoiler=4chan being critical]

>>12032796

Sakurai's stuff really isn't the kind of stuff that should be translated like that. While parts of the things she writes tend to almost read like they have some sort of meter to them, it's still prose and should be handled as such. It just needs to have very careful attention to how the lines would sound. Sakurai's narration kinds reads like the narration from an orally told fairy tale or something a lot of the time, and what Ixrec released barely even counts as English in my opinion.

>>12025088

Man, you're reminding me of a bunch of really dumb shit Ixrec did like leaving 奇械 as 'kikai.' I have no idea how anyone managed to sit through his 'translations' of Inganock and Sharnoth.

>>12025099

What should it be?

>>12025209

It's just 機械 (machine) with a different first character, but same reading. 奇 is usually translated as "strange", so a really lazy translation (but better than not translating the word) would be "strange machine" or "strange mechanism". Again, I'm not saying that that's a good way to translate it, but at least it conveys to the reader some semblance of what the author was trying to say.

>>12025295

The english website summary liarsoft put out officially translates it as "Mad-chine." Seems a little awkward to me, though.

Anonymous Sun Apr 20 01:37:06 2014 No.12052643

Quoted by: >>12052654

>>12052627

What do you think of Sheeta's retranslation? So far from the comparisons it looks like she made quite some dumb mistakes.

>> cowteats Sun Apr 20 01:50:34 2014 No.12052654

Quoted by: >>12052745

>>12052643

I can only talk about the pastebin above. I haven't played Sheeta's TL yet. But I will because it's written in QUEEN'S ENGLISH.

<~Cafe> / \{みすず}「今までのわたしたちは迷惑かけないように、死んできたんだ」

<~Cafe> Sheeta: strS[1900] = 'MisuzuI should just die, so I won\'t cause trouble for anyone ever again. '

<~Cafe> Cowteats: <0070> \{Misuzu}"Everyone that came before me tried not to cause trouble for anyone before they died."

In this line, when Misuzu said "watashi-tachi", she was talking about her past selves which she was able to see through her inherited memories. She saw memories for all those who came before her through her dreams. Obviously Sheeta misinterpreted that.

<~Cafe> / その目は真っ赤に腫れ上がり、別人のようだった.

<~Cafe> Sheeta: strS[1900] = 'Her red eyes clear up, and she looks like a completely different person. '

<~Cafe> Cowteats: <0087> Her puffy red eyes made her look like a different person altogether.

This one is misinterpretation of 腫れ上がり which means "swell up". Anyone could have stuck it into google translate and get it right.

There was also a huge hullabaloo over non-native speakers not realizing that "just deserts" is an idiom and all kinds of crazy shit.

I think yeah321 has retired from TL-work, as far as I remember TakaJun got a job/dropped off the internet. Ixrec slowed down when he got a job and has his own projects lined up for decades to come, though maybe he'd look at some TL checking. I don't know if Nagato is still hacking or not, etc. etc.

I'd probably go to izmos, who's pretty good at assembling teams, and likely has a better finger on the current pulse, if he's still keeping up with things, if I got anywhere close to presentable.

Appreciating this reference.

It goes slow, but well.

Yourself?

Good to know someone will get it

Just came back from my job orientation

it went pretty slow, but at least i got a job, for the season, but a job non of the less

and i was like

baby baby baby oooooooh

Danny

you ok?