• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Some random examples from what I remember seeing when lurking some threads around when Ayakashibito was released (as I was curious to see what people would say about the game I worked pretty hard on).

[spoiler=4chan being critical]

There was also a huge hullabaloo over non-native speakers not realizing that "just deserts" is an idiom and all kinds of crazy shit.

I think yeah321 has retired from TL-work, as far as I remember TakaJun got a job/dropped off the internet. Ixrec slowed down when he got a job and has his own projects lined up for decades to come, though maybe he'd look at some TL checking. I don't know if Nagato is still hacking or not, etc. etc.

I'd probably go to izmos, who's pretty good at assembling teams, and likely has a better finger on the current pulse, if he's still keeping up with things, if I got anywhere close to presentable.

Wow, just wow, but other than this, was the reception good?

Of all these names, I think I've only heard of TakaJun... but that's cool to see you'd still have a way to get a team together...

Aso, have you read Sharnoth?

Edited by Soledai

Wow, just wow, but other than this, was the reception good?

Of all these names, I think I've only heard of TakaJun... but that's cool to see you'd still have a way to get a team together...

Aso, have you read Sharnoth?

(None of those reactions were actually to Ayakashibito, tbh, that was just stuff that cropped up in the general "visual novel translation status" thread. Reaction overall was pretty good for the most part.)

I never got around to reading Sharnoth, my thesis was taking full charge at about that time, IIRC, so I didn't get to work on it like I had for Inganock (of all the critcisms it got, the Gii vs Guy thing is the one I would actually buy into the most, I'm still unhappy I couldn't convince him to use the "right" name). I plan to eventually read it though, because I've heard some good things.

(None of those reactions were actually to Ayakashibito, tbh, that was just stuff that cropped up in the general "visual novel translation status" thread. Reaction overall was pretty good for the most part.)

I never got around to reading Sharnoth, my thesis was taking full charge at about that time, IIRC, so I didn't get to work on it like I had for Inganock (of all the critcisms it got, the Gii vs Guy thing is the one I would actually buy into the most, I'm still unhappy I couldn't convince him to use the "right" name). I plan to eventually read it though, because I've heard some good things.

Ohh, OH! I see, you were the translator for Ayakashibito, yes?

Yeah, I was curious if you had heard of it, the protagonist's alias caught me off-guard and I had a good laugh.

Not gonna mention it, because of the content I read immediately following.

Ohh, OH! I see, you were the translator for Ayakashibito, yes?

Yeah, I was curious if you had heard of it, the protagonist's alias caught me off-guard and I had a good laugh.

Not gonna mention it, because of the content I read immediately following.

No, that was yeah. She does some good work, but isn't a native English speaker, so there were times when as an editor I had my work cut out making the text flow a lot more naturally.

[spoiler=the alias]Agatha Christie, or something, wasn't it?

Edited by Balcerzak

No, that was yeah. She does some good work, but isn't a native English speaker, so there were times when as an editor I had my work cut out making the text flow a lot more naturally.

[spoiler=the alias]Agatha Christie, or something, wasn't it?

Oh I getcha, yeah, making it all flow together does sound like quite the challenge

[spoiler=the alias]Nah, that's who she was based on apparently, did you see the vndb page, it's... pretty funny in a way

They would.

When I joined the thread in the middle of school year, there was a period of time in the evening where everyone would be here posting. Not so much nowadays.

Either people are more busy or they're moving to Skype, which would be shame IMO(I much prefer the forum to skype when it comes to chatting.)

[12:00:30 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: guys pick a number between 1 and 3

[12:00:48 AM] Hoshiஜீ: 4

[12:00:48 AM] Soledai: ...2?

[12:00:55 AM] Tristian Diaz: America

[12:01:03 AM] Tristian Diaz: not sorry

[12:01:10 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: Blackhawk Stinger bricks Hoshi and Tristian

[12:01:32 AM] E Woozy: 3

[12:01:53 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: I need a tiebreaker

[12:02:28 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: Crizzie pick a number between 1 and 3

[12:02:34 AM] Crizix: 2.7658678563

[12:02:43 AM] Tristian Diaz: Crizzie

[12:02:43 AM] Tristian Diaz: im ded

[12:02:45 AM] E Woozy: ohhhh decimals

[12:02:52 AM] Crizix: Wha?

[12:03:34 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: ...

[12:03:48 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: Blackhawk Stinger flips a table

[12:03:51 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: Y'all awful

Edited by Sockmaster

They would.

When I joined the thread in the middle of school year, there was a period of time in the evening where everyone would be here posting. Not so much nowadays.

Either people are more busy or they're moving to Skype, which would be shame IMO(I much prefer the forum to skype when it comes to chatting.)

I remember they used to do the same when around the time I came along too, back when everyone was at least attempting to engage everyone in conversation at one point or another, involving this or that, like two different times-lines.

Ah, I don't think I ever checked out the vndb for it, no.

Oh, well if you see it, I think you'll see why I had a laugh

Edited by Soledai