• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Man, so nervous. School in hour and a half...

It mainly comes to the thank I'll be starting after almost a week after classes started. It's not that big of a time missed, but doesn't stop the anxiety from appearing. Ah well...

I can't believe the bus driver passed right in front of me without even slowing. I'm standing right in front of a bus stop with a bus pass in my hand, why would I do that if I didn't want to take the bus?

WTF I just learnt Lux's username was Pyroisaspy for his first seven months in this forum <_>

That explains why I found it very weird when I found out he joined before me

Edited by Nobody

Second foray into the ALLTYNEX Trilogy:

[spoiler=For people who play shmups not called touhou, and/or those who read my first foray]

RefleX is second, and let me preface this by saying: RefleX is amazing. It plays the same as Kamui, but it improves on everything with virtually no flaws. The ship is faster, the music is incredible, the shield is improved(more on this later), the shield has more health(Now 6 instead of 4), you no longer require power-ups for shot power, but rather is dependent on the shield gauge instead.

The shield in this gauge serves two functions: Your "health" basically; 6 hits to wipe out the shield, 1 to kill you. so it takes 7 hits to kill you total. The shield gauge, (to avoid confusion I will call the barrier/barrier gauge). is used up when you raise your barrier and it can absorb red and purple shots, and can deflect blue shots, turning them green and strongly damage the enemy and it cannot block missiles... beam coats never could in the first place. Which is brings me to my gripes.

Some of the boss fights are almost completely dependent on deflected shots for damage. Your shots do basically chip damage and you have you deflect shots to do any real damage and the bullet storm thrown at you is long enough to drain your barrier gauge. You recover your gauge while the barrier is not in use, but it recovers very slowly if you're shooting, so you have to stop shooting and wait for your barrier to refill, all the while dodging frantically... assuming you can.

As for the story, it's the middle game, with Kamui being the sequel story, so it's a prequel to Kamui. You learn the story after you finish the "last mission"... after you learn the story(which again, unless you can read fast, you will need the internet later) Just don't relax after you've finished the info dump of a story.

This run was a fail actually, so I have to redo it. But all in all, until I play and give the verdict on ALLTYNEX Second, RefleX is looking to be the best of the trilogy so far.

Edited by Soledai