• Soledai

I will be like God

Knowing good and apple

but I though you said you wanted to be Satan

I'm confuzzled

Damn, I recognized AOA at a glance.... <~<

does that mean you're decending into k pop,

hatti, tell me something nerdy

In the year 476, Odoacer, the commander of a force of Germanic mercenaries in the Roman army, led a rebellion against Romulus Augustus, Emperor of the Western Parts, and took control of Rome.

This point is commonly taken as "the Fall of the Roman Empire." However, I will illustrate that this could not, in fact, have been the fall of the Roman Empire, technically speaking.

First we must answer the question if Romulus Augustus should even be held to have been Emperor of the Western Parts at that time. In this age, the Roman Empire was ruled jointly by two Emperors, one ruling the Western Parts, the other ruling the Eastern Parts. Romulus Augustus had not come to power in a legal way; in 475, his father Orestes had led a rebellion against Julius Nepos, who was Emperor of the Western Parts, and, after driving Nepos away to Dalmatia, had proclaimed his son Emperor of the Western Parts.

So not only was Romulus Augustus not the legitimate Emperor of the Western Parts, the legitimate Emperor of the Western Parts was still very much alive - and indeed all the Roman Empire save Italy still recognized him as Emperor of the Western Parts.

What is more, after Odoacer had overthrown Romulus Augustus, the Senate of Rome, on Odoacer's request, wrote a letter to the Emperor of the Eastern Parts asking him to take Italy under his rule and grant Odoacer the status of patrician. The Emperor replied that this letter should have been addressed to Julius Nepos, but he nonetheless granted Odoacer the status of patrician, on the condition that he would recognize Julius Nepos as Emperor of the Western Parts. Odoacer complied, and Italy returned to the (nominal) rule of Julius Nepos.

In conclusion, the so-called Fall of the Roman Empire was in reality the restoration of legitimate Roman authority in Italy.

Edited by Hattusili I

does that mean you're decending into k pop,

Been in K stuff since late 2012-early 2013, I don't remember.

However, it's not my religion, if you get my drift.

Edited by Soledai

Been in K stuff since late 2012-early 2013, I don't remember.

However, it's not my religion, if you get my drift.

i beat mostly for k dramas and the like

heard of some good ones, but idr which ones..

i get ya

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you

A cat drop-kicking a toddler

the kid looks so ecstatic getting drop kicked