• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Hello Hattusili.

How's your mood doing lately?

I guess it's slowly receding to its pre-relationship state.

Which means crappy Tuesdays, but which also means that I currently feel AWESOME.

And how are you, good sir?

Have you read any Tolkien lately?

I'm trying not to let the frustration of school get to me.

Succeeding, as of now.

No, I haven't read any Tolkien lately.

I will re-read the Silmarillion for the 4th time this summer just because I believe it deserves that respect.

*patpats*

School can be really frustrating sometimes.

I haven't read much either for a long time, but I think I'm finally getting back into the habit of reading more regularly now, which is a good thing.

I've only read The Silmarillion twice (and the first time I didn't get it at all; all those names and histories compressed into one book was just too much for young me - second time was a very interesting read).

The Silmarillion is good, so I wish you nice reading!

I don't think anyone understands the Silmarillion when they read it the first time. But in my humble opinion, I believe it makes the experience of understanding the characters and the lore all the more rewarding. And interesting really. I read it two years ago, went back and read it more in the years to come, and I have to say, it makes all other high fantasy look very underwhelming.

Oh yes, the way The Silmarillion overwhelming you when you first read it certainly makes it that much more intriguing. And when you've forgotten most of the things in it because it is so overwhelming, there's still a few passages that just stick with you. Which passages stuck with you after you first read it?

For me it was the life of Fëanor, the children of Húrin, the lay of Lúthien and Fingolfin's duel with Morgoth.

But you don't really appreciate The Silmarillion to the fullest until you've read Unfinished Tales and The History of Middle-earth, in my opinion.

They just give so much more history behind it - also internal to the development of the lore.

Marthur, David and now Yuki

who is that character?

The MC from the Bloodstained game I've been talking about and no one was paying attention to.

EDIT: Miriam

Edited by Soledai

The MC from the Bloodstained game I've been talking about and no one was paying attention to.

EDIT: Miriam

only problem i have is the name

sounds a bit edgy

oh

ok

If you are suffering as introvert, I wouldn't say you are an introvert at all.

Though we all need to empty our thoughts sometimes on other people, so it's otay.

what happened?

Being an introvert doesn't neccesarily mean I don't enjoy social interaction, that's a pretty big misconception.

It simply means that it mentally tires me out and I need to recharge by being alone and doing my own thing.

I just haven't had the time yet today.

Marthur, David and now Yuki

who is that character?

Miriam.

woah, just saw acacias list

its long as fuck, but nice

And to think it only took a couple hours overall to do, heh. 213 entries. And then in two years when I make a third SRW list I'll be sure to use an even bigger SRW game character-wise...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Why does the stupid police impound lot have to be located in the crappies part of town with ROAD CLOSURES GALORE!? All I wanted to do was SIGN A STUPID RELEASE PAPER.

*flips a table and leaves*

Oh, I see what you mean Yuki.

Well, this time of year is always tiring, though I can't say I understand you're situation.

Well I've been hanging out with some friends all day. They're usually rather active and they're extroverts.

So while I did enjoy my time with them I'm completely drained out right now.

rude

Edited by Yuki

The Silmarillion in the end is really a collection of stories.

So I suppose having background knowledge to connect each would be helpful in fully appreciating it.

Also, my favorite stories had to be of the Feanor as well.

Fingolfin was a tragic character for me, though also very intriguing.

The Silmarillion probably is the best background history there is.

Unfinished Tales is a collection of unfinished individual tales, with a lot of notes by Christopher Tolkien.

The History of Middle-earth is a collection of all of Tolkien's writings about Middle-earth (excluding the already published ones) from when he started writing until he died, all with notes and commentary by Christopher Tolkien. So it's not a background history... much more detailed. But it helps understand and appreciate the development of the lore. Because in the end, The Silmarillion isn't "canon" like LotR. It was made by Christopher Tolkien, connecting various writings made in various stages of his father's life.

I was amazed he just challenged Morgoth to a duel.

And almost cut off his foot.

Ah, well, take some breaths and give your brain a break. Hopefully you don't have too much else for the rest of the day.

i'd hope not at 11PM

well it's rain for the next 2-3 days so i can stay inside all day~

Being an introvert doesn't neccesarily mean I don't enjoy social interaction, that's a pretty big misconception.

It simply means that it mentally tires me out and I need to recharge by being alone and doing my own thing.

I just haven't had the time yet today.

Miriam.

exactly that feel

oh i see

Why does the stupid police impound lot have to be located in the crappies part of town with ROAD CLOSURES GALORE!? All I wanted to do was SIGN A STUPID RELEASE PAPER.

one thing i learned

trying to get simple stuff done leads to one hell of an adventure that one might necessarily not like

*pats ace*