Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

he refuses to acknowledge the masterpiece that is Metroid Prime.

I look at my shelf and I see it there,

Staring at me,

And it whispers into my ear...

"Why haven't you finished me?"

And I have no answer.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

If you have an idea, it's always a good idea to at least jot something down, you never know when you want to revisit old ideas. Heck, a lot of my ideas are concepts I made as a kid but I improved upon them.

You never know when you might hit an opportunity where your brain says "I wanna write!"

I've actually done that. There are a couple of unfinished documents lying around with partly-conceived ideas and stuff.

Wanting to write isn't the problem. Is that when I do I start to get some anxiety in actually doing it, to varying degree depending on what it is. It becomes a struggle.

I look at my shelf and I see it there,

Staring at me,

And it whispers into my ear...

"Why haven't you finished me?"

And I have no answer.

There is no excuse.

I've actually done that. There are a couple of unfinished documents lying around with partly-conceived ideas and stuff.

Wanting to write isn't the problem. Is that when I do I start to get some anxiety in actually doing it, to varying degree depending on what it is. It becomes a struggle.

This happens to me as well, but it's important to remember that you can remedy and edit a lot upon reflection. I'm often amazed at how much I can improve when I edit something. Having a good story isn't as important as having a complete story to begin with and improve from there. Often times I think I'm writing absolute horse shit and I forget to remind myself that I can fix it later, that's when my anxiety kicks in, but it's important to remember that even the greatest pieces of literature probably read like Twilight fanfiction in the first draft.

so this summer

i'm gonna binge watch animu

somebody give me recommendations

Inferno Cop.

This happens to me as well, but it's important to remember that you can remedy and edit a lot upon reflection. I'm often amazed at how much I can improve when I edit something. Having a good story isn't as important as having a complete story to begin with and improve from there. Often times I think I'm writing absolute horse shit and I forget to remind myself that I can fix it later, that's when my anxiety kicks in, but it's important to remember that even the greatest pieces of literature probably read like Twilight fanfiction in the first draft.

Well, for me, it's not that the resulting product will come off bad at first. It's that it will come at all. Even if no one else will read it, I still get uncomfortable that it exists. Yeah, yeah, yeah...

But that's just one thing among many that are a problem to me. So eh...

DdisjZ:OFJOKSJFp;jSDJAS:OPJFAS"REKS:"FL

"SDLFG
"LSZ
"FLZ
SD"LG
"ZSLDF"
LS
"ELK"IE{@I$I{P@OI{$O{@
P$
:L@%L@#"%L"#L"
%L"
REW"LRT"
WSELR"
LW
"L@"
L"!L"
!L"L
!#

1l31'l3'

l1l4'

L"
%L"
L%"
L"%
WL
{$O_%$(O_#(%}_+%)+)_)+_+_)#_)_)#_+)#_+)_+)_)_+)W_+)W_+)+_)%_+#)%+_W
W%P_EOP{E)O_OLD
K:
JK I:GYHJKWFO"IUD":SDa
:
:LD
"LA
OE{QPO#_)-9

]}
}P}P~}P
}P
}P
~}P
P}
}P
!Q{
OI)D(U*f(YUV)(&*U)_ 0987u09(I_)(S)V(AD_V
S(D
V}_S(}(-9]92-=9=-q29=0-e=-8r-=9w=-8*R_&&*^^&*7)(**(#A9083-a0-RAIUPOl';l;'

Ll[

[l[ll[[l[l

[l

'[l

l[l[[l[;

[l[

pO)(081093809#*09i(PIUD90U 09c 8S
#W0)*R){#8r[ 0*{
)#
{Q #{
Q* R){*#QR *
#Q{r9 i[

Well, for me, it's not that the resulting product will come off bad at first. It's that it will come at all. Even if no one else will read it, I still get uncomfortable that it exists. Yeah, yeah, yeah...

But that's just one thing among many that are a problem to me. So eh...

Hmm, that's a rather unique situation. I have never been anxious by this sort of thing.