• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I've been feeling kind of useless and studying always solves that

Same for me, though I try to do useful stuff in the vacations.

NEERRRRRD

nah jk

Whoa, are you saying I'm not a nerd? >:(

I don't mind school but then there will be the time I stay after school til 7 or 9 so that won't be pleasant

RIP Kitty.

*pats*

though tbh, i want the year to start

so at least i'll have something to do

doing nothing for nearly 3 months has bored me to a really bad state

That's one of the reasons I got a job.

hmm maybe

which one do you recommend?

late but

DQI makes you be stuck solo the whole game. Never played it myself and am unsure if I ever will.

DQII (aka Luminaries of the Legendary Line) I haven't played though I definitely will at some point. I'm told it's pretty hard though, so opening with this entry isn't recommended.

DQIII (aka Seeds of Salvation) I got bored of pretty fast.

DQIV (aka Chapters of the Chosen) is quite good. I need to get back into it...

DQV (aka Hand of the Heavenly Bride) has Sol's whyfoo has one of the best plots and isn't too hard. Definitely recommend as a starting point.

DQVI (aka Realms of Revelation) is my personal favorite, I like this game more than FE6. It has a very different vocation system compared to III/IX, and one I overall prefer. Do note however, Mortamor is probably the single hardest last boss in DQ. People say that Nokturnus will wreck him for you, but this requires beating one of the more infamous bonus bosses in under 20 turns, and by that point you 1. have beaten Motry already and 2. are so high leveled you can easily do that yourself.

DQVII (aka Warriors of Eden) is my second favorite, seeing the return of DQVI's class system with lots of additions too it. HOWEVER, DQVII is easily the longest game in the series (I have yet to clear the main story with 100 hours on my file and going) as well as one of the harder entries (ef you too, Dharma Temple). On top of the expansions to VI's class system making it incredibly complicated. Also the translation is outdated. Wait on this one.

DQVIII (aka Journey of the Cursed King) also has one of the better plots, but it also has one of the harder non-final bosses (Empyrea). I do recommend it though.

DQIX (aka Sentinels of the Starry Skies) is both the single easiest and single hardest as far as I'm concerned. Easiest to clear the main story, hardest for completionism (game is literal completionist hell). It also plays quite differently from the rest (besides III) so I don't think it brings the best idea of what DQ is, for beginners.

DQX (aka The Awakening of the Five Tribes) ...is a Japan only MMO. So yeah

DQXI (aka In Search of the Departed Time) isn't out yet.