• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Ah, that.

Difficulty, but mainly secret weapons, items, and mechs.

Not quite. Some secrets don't require Masteries. What it mainly regulates is the game's diffculty, and whether or not you'll unlock the true final stage.

Huh, I didn't remember the masteries determining the final stage in OG1, but... then again I always get them, so I never noticed a difference.

Edited by Soledai

Huh, I didn't remember the masteries determining the final stage in OG1, but... then again I always get them, so I never noticed a difference.

They do. But I forgot if the requirement was having a certain number of them, or just enough to keep the game in Hard Mode at the end of the game.

They do. But I forgot if the requirement was having a certain number of them, or just enough to keep the game in Hard Mode at the end of the game.

Was it in Alpha Gaiden that needed a certain number to fight Shu?

Well, on the flip side, it's not like SRW Z where you have masteries and ending points. I made a separate save on my Setsuko run to get the bad end.

EDIT: After double checking, I think in Z masteries are just for mechs and items and certain pilots.

Edited by Soledai

Was it in Alpha Gaiden that needed a certain number to fight Shu?

Well, on the flip side, it's not like SRW Z where you have masteries and ending points. I made a separate save on my Setsuko run to get the bad end.

EDIT: After double checking, I think in Z masteries are just for mechs and items and certain pilots.

Masteries required for secret ending used to be common in that era. All Alpha games did it, if I remember right. I know 1 and Gaiden did, 3 also needed a turn requirement, if I'm not mistaken. Impact definitely did it.

Still, much better than by turn requirement like 3 or Compact 2.

Oh yeah, Z seems to love doing that. ZEUTH route in Z1, Trust Zero route for Z2... forgot what Z3 uses.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Two pages only? *didn't backread because in a hurry*

Oh I see. And Acacia said exactly what I wanted to, it's not something that needs to be done. You see, I like to believe that they did those things according to what they wanted, rather than a norm of some sort. Haha, hey, I know a youngster 10 years my junior with a kid, I wouldn't say I felt old because of that though. Befuddled? Yes. Old? Nah

GOOD

Oh, well, get comfortable then o/

Yes, he's a point there. But well, the thing is, I still want to get married sometime in my life. I don't want kids, but just marriage is enough. Yet I don't even feel like I'd be ready anytime soon...even though I'm like 29, blah. And whoa... well, I mean in that situation, that is kinda weird than making one feel old. >_>

Yes. I kinda slept a little too long and didn't hear my second alarm so now I'm in a hurry to leave. ;w;

I don't particularly mind. Since I can just half-truth my way give short enough explanations to satisfy anyone curious to ask.

And for the rest, well, it's stuff I don't mind people finding out or not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt